Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

As is, it's a complete bitch for Jason to grab anyone if they're slightly sprinting away from him. Jason shouldn't be whiffing like a goober on councilors hanging out right in his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah maybe let’s see how these changes work in practice before we start passing judgement on them

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Coolguye posted:

yeah maybe let’s see how these changes work in practice before we start passing judgement on them

uhhhhhhh

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah, as someone who recently started playing Jason much more frequently, these changes were sorely needed.

Even as a counselor I could tell it was much more difficult to play as Jason and nearly impossible to kill everyone.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
This would be harder to implement, but I think a fair trade for the grab would be to keep the grab range where it is now for grabbing from the side or rear, but give Jason an extended grab (and wider radius) for grabbing from the front. This would cut down on bold players trying to bumrush Jason because they know they could probably nail him before he gets in grabbing range, but would also allow counselors to still get away fairly easy from the back/side and not have to worry so much about a sudden shift grab.

What I'd like to see would even be something like a disarm move that Jason could use if a counselor has a weapon and comes in from the front. The counselor would have to be in mid-swing and the timing would have to be tweaked so it's not too powerful. It'd be good crowd control, maybe even have it raise fear comparable to a window break or whatever.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 26, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Good thing this developer understand that a killer is meant to kill, not be clowned on by survivorscouncilors

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/956965064027885568

Roy is coming and he's bringing a new map.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Holy poo poo that's a great trailer

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Not a Paranoia reveal, but new content is new content

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
And he uses the shears holy poo poo :tem:

Also calling it now:

Danaru posted:

If they do end up adding Roy, I hope instead of Jason's shack, it spawns his ambulance with that rear end in a top hat coworker still hanging out the door :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is she doing the dance from part 5

gently caress yes

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Burkion posted:

Is she doing the dance from part 5

gently caress yes

lmfao that’s so loving good

This game is amazing.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

LMAO at this comment:

B-B-But this serial killer should never have supernatural serial killer powers! You know, in a movie genre where serial killers all have implausible powers! Muh immersion! :cry:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Roy was a bog standard ambulance driver who was somehow crushing people's heads with his hands. I think I can accept him now being able to teleport.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

LMAO at this comment:

B-B-But this serial killer should never have supernatural serial killer powers! You know, in a movie genre where serial killers all have implausible powers! Muh immersion! :cry:

I too, hate free content.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Roy was underrated. He had dad rage, so it makes sense.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If anything it'll be odd if Pammy is still there telling Roy to go avenge her. "Wait who were you again? Ah who cares."

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Imagine being a father and watching your sons body be loaded into an ambulance while melancholy teenagers shrug and resume their stupid troubled lives as if nothing happened, I'd murder all of those little shits too.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

+Throwing knives (Keep in mind, this is now amplified with the new baseline +2)
+Stalk
+Run

-Defense (Useless drawback)
-Grip strength (Mostly useless drawback)
-Stun Resistance (Can be a pain, but this also means they get close....)

This is pretty good actually.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Grip strength is only ever a problem on those times where you've got someone but things are too cramped to make a kill light up, so you waste time tromping them around (and you weren't a lamer who rolled with the Choke kill).

Also huh, he has a variant skin

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Grip strength is a little annoying if there's a cool environmental kill nearby, but that's about it. Can Run + Increased Stalk is going to be fun though :getin:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I'm glad he has shears.

So the first thing we do is get his mask off, right? Just to see what's under there

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Grip strength is only ever a problem on those times where you've got someone but things are too cramped to make a kill light up, so you waste time tromping them around (and you weren't a lamer who rolled with the Choke kill).

Also huh, he has a variant skin

Probably just the bloody skin.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

So the first thing we do is get his mask off, right? Just to see what's under there

Roy Burns, the ambulance driver

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Burkion posted:

It is going to be Roy’s dumb little face in the middle of a bulky foam rubber Jason head and it will be sooooo good.

I’m a little confused as to why there’s no Roy stuff in Virtual Cabin though :confused:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

+Throwing knives (Keep in mind, this is now amplified with the new baseline +2)
+Stalk
+Run

-Defense (Useless drawback)
-Grip strength (Mostly useless drawback)
-Stun Resistance (Can be a pain, but this also means they get close....)

This is pretty good actually.

Yeah, it's really good. In terms of weaknesses, he has virtually no downsides. It may not be the most useful ability, but Stalk is the one I have the most fun with. For me: it's scares first and kills second.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I find Stalk lovely. You're chasing someone, you hit Stalk, people get incredibly stupid and think you've gone away or something. No, no I haven't.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is going to be Roy’s dumb little face in the middle of a bulky foam rubber Jason head and it will be sooooo good.

I’m a little confused as to why there’s no Roy stuff in Virtual Cabin though :confused:

His mask is there but you have to remove it for it to work.

Also I would absolutely laugh if it turned out that this was Crazy Tommy from the end of the movie instead of Roy himself

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
With the +2 knives from the patch, we're looking at 7 knives at match onset (after the two freebies) now with him and Part VI? That's an actual threat.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Imagine being a father and watching your sons body be loaded into an ambulance while melancholy teenagers shrug and resume their stupid troubled lives as if nothing happened, I'd murder all of those little shits too.

Hey now, those kids seemed pretty distraught

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think part of why Part 5 was so drat scary and uncomfortable is because the victims really didn't deserve it, whereas in the other ones they at least had the legend of Jason or Crazy Ralph to tell them to pack their poo poo and gently caress off. Hell Part 6 edged towards the line of comedy (which is why it's the best F13 :allears:)

It also had that kill where Roy slammed the clippers into that one girl's eyes and snapped them shut :saddowns: Considering the clippers are now his main weapon, I'm gonna assume that one made a LOT of other people uncomfortable too

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now Junior, he deserved it. Jesus christ never was I so happy to see a beheading

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Here's every kill from part V. (Some minor boob)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6c6CUwhQVc

You know, he did pretty good. Roy needs more credit.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Serial Killer with shears? We're Clock Tower now and I can't wait

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Part 5 is just such a mean spirited movie.

It's also the only Friday film I'd call gratuitous with the nudity up until the remake. There are shots of nudity that are just there so there can be nudity which is REALLY rare in the Friday franchise.

But Part 5 features a tragedy and then a lot of innocent people get horrifically killed and their lives ruined. A kid is made into an orphan and just a whole bunch of other things. People that had absolutely NOTHING to do with anything get brutally killed for no reason.

It's great but it's also great for a very specific kind of person that finds a black humor in that. Like me

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Part 5 is just such a mean spirited movie.

It's also the only Friday film I'd call gratuitous with the nudity up until the remake. There are shots of nudity that are just there so there can be nudity which is REALLY rare in the Friday franchise.

But Part 5 features a tragedy and then a lot of innocent people get horrifically killed and their lives ruined. A kid is made into an orphan and just a whole bunch of other things. People that had absolutely NOTHING to do with anything get brutally killed for no reason.

It's great but it's also great for a very specific kind of person that finds a black humor in that. Like me

lol orphans

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's kinda hilarious that after DbD utterly flubs a stealthy killer, Friday goes 'here, have a stealth focused Jason."

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Only Shelly can stun Roy by using a chocolate bar (or 2) he can find at a campsite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

TheBizzness posted:

Only Shelly can stun Roy by using a chocolate bar (or 2) he can find at a campsite.

Please let this be an actual thing. Instead of the sweater, a male counselor has to find the abandoned ambulance to procure a tasty chocolate bar to torment Roy with.

Also when he dies he inexplicably falls backwards onto a farming harrow, impaling himself.

• Locked thread