Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I think the point of the low cost, single target spells is that you're proccing the Lore of Nehekhara passive that heals you army wide. The problem is that the passive proc heals sweet dick all.

Gejnor to the rescue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
just give settra the big waagh instead of lore of nehekara

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Arglebargle III posted:

Does anyone know if there's a good way to tell whether your mods have updated/ are compatible with Tomb Kings?

There is no "good" mechanism for this, no. There is the out-of-date flag as mentioned on the mod manager, but that can be cleared simply by re-uploading the mod, even if you made no changes at all and it crashes the game for whatever reason. Likewise, you can still make no changes but if the game runs, you'll get no notification at all. One example of this is in the T4 mod, if I didn't read the patch notes, Norsca T4 minors would've been making way too much gold per turn compared to 1-3.

Your safest bet is to get the PFM and just open up the mod files; it only takes like 30 seconds and you can clearly see if the mod is made well or not; if they aren't renaming the tables they edit, they are overwriting CA data and that's probably a bad sign unless explicitly necessary. Otherwise you're just kind of at the mercy of whatever changes they've made/ignored when CA patches stuff.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm not convinced another 3 recruitment slots across your entire faction is that big of a deal. It is nice, sure, but broken is a bit of a stretch when you are talking about Tomb King units.

Compared to the T4 settlement mod it has hardly any impact on TK balance.

Yeah, TK and Delfs probably get a little too much player benefit from T4s, but I keep it consistent for everyone since it's not really my call to say something is OP or not in a single player game.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 26, 2018

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

bone bursta, foot of ptra, gaze of djaf and 'eadbone

brrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzt

shinnnnnng

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 26, 2018

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Sorry to interrupt Tomb Kings chat, but does anybody know what makes Tyrion's Heart of Avelorn quest trigger? All I've been able to find is that you need one of Ulthuan's gates in enemy hands, and to have completed your first ritual, but I'm still having no luck.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Jo Joestar posted:

Sorry to interrupt Tomb Kings chat, but does anybody know what makes Tyrion's Heart of Avelorn quest trigger? All I've been able to find is that you need one of Ulthuan's gates in enemy hands, and to have completed your first ritual, but I'm still having no luck.

I don't know that there's a quest for it. I've gotten it randomly while Ulthuan was firmly under my control and I was hellmarching Naggaroth.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like the fluff where Vlad has just taken over and the peasants only really know he's a super hot foreign man and little else. Some raiders come for their usual tithe from the castle and people are freaking out because they're violent shits and the old count/duke was a coward. Vlad comes down to meet them and just loving crushes them in front of the entire town before going back home. The peasants are now 100% on board with the awesome new boss.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

JBP posted:

I like the fluff where Vlad has just taken over and the peasants only really know he's a super hot foreign man and little else. Some raiders come for their usual tithe from the castle and people are freaking out because they're violent shits and the old count/duke was a coward. Vlad comes down to meet them and just loving crushes them in front of the entire town before going back home. The peasants are now 100% on board with the awesome new boss.

They also eventually realized he was a Vampire, and completely didn't care because

A. He only killed/drained from criminals.

B. He kept the peace and their taxes were lowered.

Mannfred is not Vlad. Mannfred is an idiot and has turned Sylvannnia into a vampire hellscape. But the Vlad stories are always hilarious to me.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mannfred's career is a long list of getting just to the decisive moment of a campaign and then running away because there was even the slightest chance he might fail or die, sometimes only to get chased down and killed.

The RPG book on the vamps also makes it really clear he's only Count because none of the other Von Carsteins actually want the bother with Sylvannia currently a hellhole. It'd be too much trouble to fix, let Mannfred have the dumb title if he wants.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I’m so glad they added Vlad so I don’t have to play Boring Von Carstein

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
If Vlad somehow came back most of Sylvania (vampires included) would accept him as the Once and Future Count in an instant because he was actually a remarkably skilled and even-handed ruler aside from the megalomania and obsession with becoming Emperor. Plus, y'know, his competition is Mannfred, who has the same megalomania and obsession with becoming Emperor, except he's a coward and lets his vampire middle management do whatever they want to the mortals because he's too busy Sexily Brooding in his tower (or being dead in a swamp) to care, so the peasants would lunge at Vlad's habitual bitch-slapping of minions, and vampires that aren't utterly incompetent Dark Elf style decadent torture bots would lunge at a guy who makes guaranteed power vacuums to fight over and actually takes the job of fixing how badly Mannfred and Konrad hosed up the province.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Vlad is genuinely frightening/dangerous and capable of actually threatening the Empire on the reg, but also like a good guy. Mannfred is a stupid clown. That's the canon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

To be fair: Konrad did successfully rule the Empire for like a week once. Killed the Emperor in battle without anyone noticing and managed to rule the Empire through the zombie and attendants for roughly a week before people noticed the smell.

Konrad was kind of great in his own incredibly stupid way.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Night10194 posted:

To be fair: Konrad did successfully rule the Empire for like a week once. Killed the Emperor in battle without anyone noticing and managed to rule the Empire through the zombie and attendants for roughly a week before people noticed the smell.

That was more or less entirely a fluke of his murder psychosis, though, and he was such a lovely necromancer that he eventually got traitored by all the minions he had to hire to actually do a vampire's proper Army of the Damned schtick. Turns out regularly beheading the guys who you 100% depend on to have a functioning army is a bad idea!

Konrad as a Legendary Lord would be really entertaining, just give him enough duelist and anti-chaff traits to make Grimgor greener with envy, but have him instantly frenzy at the start of every fight so you just have to pray his dumb rear end charges something useful instead of playing tag with cavalry archers.

Y'know, basically exactly how he was in fluff.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm having a consistent crash on turn 18 in every game when Crooked Moon's turn comes up, anyone had anything similar lately?

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
No. Are you running mods?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

JBP posted:

That's neat. One of my favorite things about The Elder Scrolls is that in that setting the Dark Elves make a distinction between necromancy and ancestor worship. People bringing back the dead as skeletons and zombies is not okay, but at the same time they're completely fine with their souls being used for powering a magical fence to protect the province, or guarding family tombs and their living descendants.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I was getting a ton of crashes with the TK launch and then I realized it was saving every single autosave in the app data folder and never ever cleaning the folder up. Deleting about ten gigs worth of those fixed my crashing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Konrad's defeat and death is also kind of pathetic.

During a major battle against the empire all of his Necromancers abandoned him and left control of their undead to Konrad. Konrad never being good at magic could not control the sheer amount of undead now under his control and as a result ended up crumbling his entire army and losing what remained of his mind from the mental strain of trying to keep thousands of undead going on his own. He then ran off in a stupor before stumbling on and getting ambushed by a Slayer who pinned him and allowed his elector count friend to stab him to death.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Seems like the Tomb Kings expansion tweaked things to be a little harder for flying monsters. They don't knock heroes around or escape combat as easily.

Also, buy carrion instead of skeleten horsemen. Skeleton is code for "hot rear end" in Nehekara.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mannfred's first death was pretty pathetic too. And losing and running away from the Empire that was on a manhunt for him he was defeated in the swamps of Hel Fenn and attempted to escape but was caught while running by the Elector Count of Stirland and his griffon who mangled him and tossed his corpse into the swamp.

His Resurrection was also kind of funny. A Necromancer found his body and decided to revive him to get revenge for slights against him. Part of his ritual was the lifeblood and soul of a virgin so he kidnapped a young girl to preform this role. Just before the Necromancer could sacrifice the girl, Gotrek and Felix showed up, killed him and saved the girl. However the Necromancer's blood dripped down onto Mannfred and revived him, leading Mannfred to conclude and laugh about that the Necromancer was a virgin.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, when Mannfred can dunk on you, you know you're a loser.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Speaking of Vlad, I'm disappointed every time I click on him and he says "The world" and then says "will drown in blood" instead of "is a vampire". Such a missed opportunity

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Mukip posted:

No. Are you running mods?

I'm running a bunch of mods, but I've deactivated the ones that seem like they'd apply to Crooked Moon and no luck. :smith:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

packetmantis posted:

I'm running a bunch of mods, but I've deactivated the ones that seem like they'd apply to Crooked Moon and no luck. :smith:

There’s a bug where ais will occasionally crash the game by somehow trying invalid diplomacy offers, apparently.
If you have contact with Crooked Moon you can try sending them an offer in your autosave before ending turn to make them re-evaluate. Or shoot them a pittance of gold.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

Speaking of Vlad, I'm disappointed every time I click on him and he says "The world" and then says "will drown in blood" instead of "is a vampire". Such a missed opportunity

lmao

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ok so in ME, the black pyramid is almost directly south of Khemri, and in Vortex, it's almost directly west. lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

packetmantis posted:

I'm having a consistent crash on turn 18 in every game when Crooked Moon's turn comes up, anyone had anything similar lately?

It's what Ho said. If you have contact, do some random diplo thing with them to get the AI to reseed its actions and do something that doesn't cause a crash. If you don't, restart.

Good news is that this seems to be pretty rare and also only seems to happen in the first twenty or so turns of a game.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ok so in ME, the black pyramid is almost directly south of Khemri, and in Vortex, it's almost directly west. lol

And?

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

The rebel stacks filled with silver chevron Necrosphinx and other assorted high tier stuff is a bit much. Especially at turn 26 when they knock over a town, get sieged and ignore said siege as they recruit a couple of units of Ushbati and those snake rider guys.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I just didn't realize how much they had bent the geography for the ME map down there. It's like loading up Medieval to find Jerusalem south of Cairo.

Also, for the TK long victory, do you need to actually own all the pyramids or just have allies build them? Seems kinda dumb for Khalida to have to go conquer Settra and take his pyramid.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JBP posted:

that dude down in the border princes introduced to the thread a bit ago has the same sort of thing

he's a monstrous strigoi the size of a small house who only appears draped in robe and hood, but he's also got his PR department running a "actually he's a charming handsome nice prince transformed by a curse" and is a Vlad-esque genuinely good ruler and also like Vlad will tear people limb from limb if they gently caress with his demesne

so again like Vlad, the peasantry's all "you know what, as Warhammer provinces and the people who run them go, this is an awful good gig, all hail creepy looming totally-not-a-vampire bossman"

also

CommissarMega posted:

Man, when Mannfred can dunk on you, you know you're a loser.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 27, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ms Adequate posted:

Being Lord Mazdamundi kicks serious rear end though so it's kind of like that buzzfeed comic where one person getting to be him causes more happiness than the rest of the world suffering causes unhappiness

i know there's probably a buzzfeed one but smbc did a good one... that's maybe the one that got shared around

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

What's the deal with the sometimes MASSIVE discrepancy between the chance-to-win bar before and after you load into a battle? I've noticed in my Khalida run (real early so single army vs single army) that pre-battle it might display a near 50/50 split (so I could easily lose an auto-fight and even if I win I'll get savaged) and then as soon as we load into the map the bar at the top is now more like 80/20 or 90/10 odds (which I sweep). Is pre-battle not accounting for buffs or veteran status or something else?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

KazigluBey posted:

What's the deal with the sometimes MASSIVE discrepancy between the chance-to-win bar before and after you load into a battle? I've noticed in my Khalida run (real early so single army vs single army) that pre-battle it might display a near 50/50 split (so I could easily lose an auto-fight and even if I win I'll get savaged) and then as soon as we load into the map the bar at the top is now more like 80/20 or 90/10 odds (which I sweep). Is pre-battle not accounting for buffs or veteran status or something else?

The pre-battle is not loading a battle, it's an abstraction that can sometimes be wildly different than what the odds will be when all the bells and whistles start being taken into account.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
The auto resolve thing tries to care about issues like "They are all anti-large and you are all cav", but the inbattle bar doesn't give a poo poo about that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is the penultimate Skaven campaign video missing audio for anyone else?

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I'm just throwing this out there but when people talk about the issues they're having with the campaign or TK in general maybe they should list the difficulty they're playing at so scrubs like me don't end up offering genius advice to pr0s.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
settra is really fun once you get established in your little corner. You can get five armies before too long and you're able to make significant money from trade, so you're able to start cranking out those ushabti buildings without much trouble. Once you've taken the black pyramid the world is your oyster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Helion posted:

I'm just throwing this out there but when people talk about the issues they're having with the campaign or TK in general maybe they should list the difficulty they're playing at so scrubs like me don't end up offering genius advice to pr0s.

It's not hard, you have to adapt your playstyle a bit, but it is a bit boring. 1) autoresolve is always against you, 2) it takes like 50 turns to get any units worth their salt (although skeletons hold up decently long enough for massed archer fire to wear down even lizardmen).