Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
He's also 75 dollars on the Hasbro Toy Shop ebay acct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

He's also 75 dollars on the Hasbro Toy Shop ebay acct.

When did you check that? It's gone. I am shocked how quickly the PotP stuff hit HST's ebay store already.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

When did you check that? It's gone. I am shocked how quickly the PotP stuff hit HST's ebay store already.

Saw it on Twitter a few minutes ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Saw it on Twitter a few minutes ago.

Well if it was it's sold out now.

Edit: Not even seeing it in sold listings.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

You mean this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222726668344

edit: Thanks DoctorWhat!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder why it wasn't coming up in searches for me. Oh well, ordered one as a gift for a buddy!

Edit: It's still not showing up in normal search for me! Weird! And I just went through the HST front page and clicked through, it's not there either!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I wonder why it wasn't coming up in searches for me. Oh well, ordered one as a gift for a buddy!

Edit: It's still not showing up in normal search for me! Weird! And I just went through the HST front page and clicked through, it's not there either!

Yeah I couldn't find it on their page when I searched. I had to click the ToyShop's link on the Trypticon page and then it showed up in that search.

Weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah very weird.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You're all very welcome. Trypticon is supposed to be big.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I already owned one so nyah!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

buy another

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DoctorWhat posted:

buy another

Lol my wife barely tolerates my comic book/Transformers habit as it is. She'd kill me if I got ANOTHER Trypticon. I've been squirreling money away for when the Predacons come out and if Scorponok or Omega Supreme come out this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

buy another

I DID

for a friend.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hello and welcome to Trypticon’s Titan Master Corner I’m Trypticon and this is a Titan Master, a delightful new creation from Hasbro that blends both toy and food alike.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I had the money you best believe I'd buy a loving Trypticon.

100%

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

If I had the money you best believe I'd buy a loving Trypticon.

100%

Sell blood!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Sell blood!

I live in the middle of nowhere.

No place to sell blood around here!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I live in the middle of nowhere.

No place to sell blood around here!

Well I can't help you with that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m glad I have no attachment to Trypticon, these low prices would get very tempting. I also have no room.

Of course, when Omega Supreme gets announced, I’m going to be there Day 1.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Trypticon is loving fantastic and I heartily recommend it to anyone especially at that price. The sticker sheets are really foreboding though.

DoctorWhat posted:

You're all very welcome. Trypticon is supposed to be big.
Mine's currently perched on a stack of boxes looming over things because I haven't figured out where to put him yet since he doesn't fit in anything.

He's really cleverly packaged though, I was expecting a Fort Max-sized box but its quite a bit smaller, they just detached his legs and you slot'em on, it's really smart of them. Probably cuts down a ton on storage and packaging costs.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I put my Trypticon on a table, basically, and I haven't done ANY of the stickers yet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am incapable of doing stickers.

My hands are kind of broken and I can't do fine work like that at all without it being poo poo. Otherwise there are so many model kits I would have taken a chance on by now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

I put my Trypticon on a table, basically, and I haven't done ANY of the stickers yet.

I haven't done the stickers yet either.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
This just further emphasizes my need to go over to my parents and hunt down my OG Transformers. I used to have Trypticon and last time I searched the attic I found a track for Omega Supreme.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a reason the old trypticon hasn't gone up in value ever since this new one came out.

It's because the old trypticon has been rendered entirely obsolete by this magnificent new monstrosity. you should buy one before he's gone~

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well not every toy can be like G1 Soundwave, which was still getting sold in the regular Classics line as of the mid 2000s.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a reason the old trypticon hasn't gone up in value ever since this new one came out.

It's because the old trypticon has been rendered entirely obsolete by this magnificent new monstrosity. you should buy one before he's gone~

The Platinum Trypticon had sold out and was commanding $200+ and then the TR dropped and you could get the Plat for $70.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

The Platinum Trypticon had sold out and was commanding $200+ and then the TR dropped and you could get the Plat for $70.
Ahahaha

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

I am incapable of doing stickers.

My hands are kind of broken and I can't do fine work like that at all without it being poo poo. Otherwise there are so many model kits I would have taken a chance on by now

I'm bad at stickers unless I use a pair of tweezers and line everything up just so.

Maybe that will help if you haven't tried it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm bad at stickers unless I use a pair of tweezers and line everything up just so.

Maybe that will help if you haven't tried it?

Oh I'm being quite literal when I say my hands are messed up.

Some kind of hypotonia muscle disorder I've had since I was a kid, my hands are incapable of doing some tasks others can do easily. Like, I can't tie knots with shoe laces, I cannot do hand writing because it starts out looking like poo poo and then gets worse and my hands just start aching.

Anything that requires fine control is basically out the window for me. It's one reason why I prefer larger Transformers, honestly- the smaller something is, the harder a time I have with fussing with it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Do not get into 3P stuff.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Do not get into 3P stuff.

Alternatively, buy all the 3P KOOS toys your wallet can handle

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Buy a few very specific 3P things to fill out the roster for characters you know Hasbro/Takara will never do or won't do any time soon.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Do you best to act surprised when an official figure is released three months later.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

strangehamster posted:

Do you best to act surprised when an official figure is released three months later.

Exactly. We need someone to be buying these so we can get those official figures coming :D

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I fully know that for most 3P things I could not transform them without great difficulty.

Like, I've mentioned before I would adore to get a Knight Morpher Cyclops entirely for aesthetic reasons. I'm not a steam punk guy, but I love the way he looks as a giant robot made from an ironside

I also know that I would NEVER transform him into a boat because I'd break him so many different ways.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Possibly the first image of Bumblebee movie Bumblebee.

That animated movie is apparently happening too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Possibly the first image of Bumblebee movie Bumblebee.

Radical!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw somebody post that art last night and I thought it looked too lovely to be real.

Edit: Got the second Zeta Aerialbot. These are very nice.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just bought UW Devastator to hang on my MP Con shelf while the CW team stays combined on the Generations side of the room.