Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Poultron posted:

Speaking of Fun Weapons to use for Cool Dudes, please recommend me some good ones. My favorite weapons seem to be explosive poo poo like Zarr and Lenz. I've been looking for good secondaries to compliment but good primaries to try would be dope too. The Akstilleto Prime is an obvious choice but it's so boring. Sonicor is nice and all but the range is kind of sad. Staticor just... doesn't feel right, for some reason? I don't know. I'm going to try Formaing the Amprex a bunch this weekend, seems cool but needs forma.

Amperex is cool. For a secondary its little sibling is the Atomos which shoots fire that chains to other targets like the Amperex's lightning. Angstrum it a goofy multi-grenade pistol. Sicarus Prime is a burst pistol (probably pass on the non-prime). Detron (Mara Detron) is a nifty energy pistol shotgun. Akbolto (telos or prime) lets you nail fools to walls if that's your thing. I've heard Akbronco prime is a pretty good pocket dual shotgun. Who doesn't love the idea of not one but two pistol shotguns? There are also throwing weapons but I don't know anything about them other than you can make a hilarious concealed explosives hikou prime build for giving to sortie defense targets (or setting up self damage for a chroma murder build).

Primaries: The Quanta is a weird laser / explosive energy cube launcher which has the nice bonus of not doing self damage. If you like it consider trying to trade for a quanta vandal before sinking a ton of forma into it. Prisma Grakata is available from Baro right now and is a very satisfying bullet hose. Boltor (prime or telos) lets you nail people to the wall in the original rifle size! Opticor is a freaking laser cannon. You can ever fire it at half charge for still absurd damage. Ignis (wraith) is a flamethrower that has absurd punch through and is fantastic for low to mid level content or smashing all the crates looking for argon. Shotguns are almost all great. Arca Plasmor, Astilla, Boar Prime, Corinth, Hek (vaykor hek if you have primed mods), Sancti or prime tigris. Kohm has some adherents as well. The unassuming Sobek has the executioner mod Acid Shells which causes anything you kill to explode for 450 +45% target's max hp damage in 15 meters, which can trigger another explosion. Attica or Zhuge if you feel like autocrossbows sound interesting. The Ogris is a pretty bad rocket launcher overall but with the executioner mod Nightwatch Napalm its fantastic for doing damage to anything that's big and stationary like sortie lephantis (I think one of these is my weekend project because gently caress sortie lephantis).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just started playing this, and there is one thing confusing me - everyone says to buy better blueprints in the market, even the game suggests it - but there is only one in there and it's mastery locked?
I'm on Venus, have 6 hours in, done some plains of eidiolon. it's kind of fun but I really don't understand progression at all and I feel myself on the verge of bouncing off. As far as I can tell the market is exclusively a cash shop. Where do I get new weapons from?

E: also how do I turn off this chat box when I'm on the ship, every story mission I finish it overlaps the subtitles so I can't read them. I'm on PS4.

Also, does anyone else feel like they can't play this on PS4 for more than a couple hours out of fear of the amount of heat and noise it makes a PS4 put out?

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 27, 2018

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Rynder posted:

So I joined the ps4 goon group but I'm not sure if it's alive. Is there still a clan? Wanna craft that guandao but it looks like a need a clan dojo for the BP.

It's alive, usually 3+ people in alliance chat at any given time. You'll need to craft a clan key to reach the dojo, the invite should have given you that bp.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

cubicle gangster posted:

I just started playing this, and there is one thing confusing me - everyone says to buy better blueprints in the market, even the game suggests it - but there is only one in there and it's mastery locked?
I'm on Venus, have 6 hours in, done some plains of eidiolon. it's kind of fun but I really don't understand progression at all and I feel myself on the verge of bouncing off. As far as I can tell the market is exclusively a cash shop. Where do I get new weapons from?

E: also how do I turn off this chat box when I'm on the ship, every story mission I finish it overlaps the subtitles so I can't read them. I'm on PS4.

Also, does anyone else feel like they can't play this on PS4 for more than a couple hours out of fear of the amount of heat and noise it makes a PS4 put out?

Not on PS4, but the market should have a "Blueprints Only" check box somewhere that will remove all the items that you can't buy blueprints for in the market.
Google gives me this screenshot (ignore the red box):

Which definitely shows you can find a list of blueprints to buy in the market but the checkbox isn't where it would be on the pc v:v:v good luck!

Also, for progression, just work on unlocking relays. The requirements are there to guide you and all the important quests can be gotten in the pursuit of unlocking them.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

RFC2324 posted:

I discovered the kohm tonight and omg it's awesome. Burns through ammo tho, get a mutation mod.

Feel the burn.

I think the gun blew up in my face?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowXaT2JYN8

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9iMBX5zycQ

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 27, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Decided this would be a good time to buy all the MK-1 crap and master it for MR exp. These things are deeply unsatisfying.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MJ12 posted:

You should probably be formaing your Astilla a bunch.

The Astilla is a fully-automatic shotgun that fires exploding shells. It's basically a space AA-12 loaded with exploding mini-grenades and it's amazing. It's accurate enough that combined with the splash damage, you can countersnipe Ballistas on Eidolon (I've literally done this several times), fires quite fast, reloads relatively quickly, and has good crit and status ratings so it can deal an immense amount of damage while putting down procs. Also, somehow it still doesn't have the absolute lowest riven disposition so it is possible that you might get a good Riven for it.

Tigris P also deserves forma, it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game at 100% status because it inflicts a ton of high-damage slash procs.

Vectis P is one of the best sniper rifles and should also get a few forma.

this is what mine looks like

speaking of, what would anyone do better? I wanted to see what I could do with a single/double, since added electric is always going to give a double, and it's not a bad element to work with

(don't say Point Blank because I just saw it)

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 27, 2018

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They had to pick a weekend I was busy to doublexp. Sigh.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Weeping Wound posted:

speaking of, what would anyone do better?

Well, you gotta get Point Blank and Hell's Chamber in there. You should also get the nightmare mod they added at some point, Chilling Reload, which is so good that you basically have to use it. Then I'd wiggle thing around until I got a corrosive/cold high status build, because that's a pretty good general purpose setup.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Edmond Dantes posted:

I could use a bit of a pointer; since this is the double XP weekend and kxZyle was awesome enough to do the booster giveaway, I am currently sitting on 4x XP and I kinda have no idea what to do with it.

I've got a plan for my frames (level up the ones I have at 0, then dump like 4 forma into Mesa and one into Nidus to change his aura polarity), but weapon-wise, I'm kinda lost.

Anything I should start researching builds for/dumping forma into? /edit: Or anything that's not here that I 100% should be getting?

I think you should build up a secondary weapon with high crit chance. It looks like you've got a good thing going there with your Akstilletos, but that weapon is made for status builds. Mesa's Peacemaker is all about crits, so if you want to get the most out of Mesa, you need a secondary loaded with crit mods. You've already got Lex Prime and Pandero, which are both pretty great choices. I really like the Pandero personally, but it starts with no polarities and you can easily sink 4 forma into it if you've got Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker to slot in there.

You should also check out the Knell, it's a gimmicky pistol that you'll either love or hate. The Knell is all about carefully landing a headshot, and then spamming as many shots as possible, hoping to land some more headshots to keep the buff going.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What's up with the sedna tileset nerf/tediousness increase? Tons of pointless dead end rooms now. Backtracking and dead ends aren't fun, and there's nothing of value in off to the side rooms. DE why. :(

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 27, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you have a Supra Vandal Entropy Burst actually makes it a good status gun and it's a giant laser minigun.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Khorne posted:

What's up with the sedna tileset nerf/tediousness increase? Tons of pointless dead end rooms now. Backtracking and dead ends aren't fun, and there's nothing of value in off to the side rooms. DE why. :(

They mentioned adding some capture/loot rooms to tilesets, maybe they messed up the spawning rates for those?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Count Uvula posted:

Not on PS4, but the market should have a "Blueprints Only" check box somewhere that will remove all the items that you can't buy blueprints for in the market.

Yeah I do that, there's only one weapon and it says mastery locked. I guess I'll just keep unlocking relays.
Starter guides said to buy new weapon blueprints asap so I was a bit confused, as none mentioned that you don't unlock any blueprints until a certain place.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I had a stockpile of 17 forma to get me through this weekend

It's Saturday morning and I'm already out

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

I had a stockpile of 17 forma to get me through this weekend

It's Saturday morning and I'm already out

I spent all my 31 forma yesterday in 4 hours.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Y'all got issues, I shout as I shove a pile of Orokin jigsaws into my pandero

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Sininu posted:

I spent all my 31 forma yesterday in 4 hours.

lol

I wonder how much money these weekends make DE between boosters, forma sales, people rushing weapons, and depleting our forma reserves

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Liked the Kohm? Then hop into the clan chem lab and then get yourself a Kohmak blueprint for additional gatling shotgun fun.
And then get the Twin Kohmak blueprint from Kela.

Cactus posted:

They had to pick a weekend I was busy to doublexp. Sigh.
I feel that. Stuck on a laptop barely good enough for daily logins, and very slowly crawling through the relay to Baro.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'd written this last night after my post asking for weapon suggestions, and never posted it. Whoops.

MJ12 posted:

You should probably be formaing your Astilla a bunch.

Tigris P also deserves forma, it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game at 100% status because it inflicts a ton of high-damage slash procs.

Vectis P is one of the best sniper rifles and should also get a few forma.

LtSmash posted:

For primaries you could toss a couple forma at the arca plasmor to shoot big waves of murder plasma. A forma or two in your bow of choice for sorties or if you like another forma in the lenz if you are okay with killing yourself.

~secondary/melee snip~

I read good things about the Astilla and Arca Plasmor but I arleady sank a few forma into the Hek and the Corinth and wanted to move away from shotguns for a bit before coming back to those. Tigris Prime I'm waiting until Baro comes with the electricity dualstat so I can go for 100% status, I'm a bit iffy about having to reload after every click/release.

I ended up putting another forma on Lenz, which is now a 4-forma monstrosity and does 5k impact damage just with the arrow hit.

I put one in Dread for now, and I'll start working on Vectis since I want something for the Plains.

Melee, I gotta be honest: I love the Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz, It's just hilarious on infested survivals. I put a forma on Galatine Prime and Lesion for now as well.

Finally, secondaries.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think you should build up a secondary weapon with high crit chance. It looks like you've got a good thing going there with your Akstilletos, but that weapon is made for status builds. Mesa's Peacemaker is all about crits, so if you want to get the most out of Mesa, you need a secondary loaded with crit mods. You've already got Lex Prime and Pandero, which are both pretty great choices. I really like the Pandero personally, but it starts with no polarities and you can easily sink 4 forma into it if you've got Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker to slot in there.

You should also check out the Knell, it's a gimmicky pistol that you'll either love or hate. The Knell is all about carefully landing a headshot, and then spamming as many shots as possible, hoping to land some more headshots to keep the buff going.
This is my current Stiletto setup (the one that says "solo" has corrosive for armour stripping, but it's the same crit-wise).

I'm still missing Primer Target Cracker (which is why I haven't put the 4th forma in there yet), but once I top up that Gambit I should be at 43% crit chance so it's not bad?

*Looks up Pandero*
*106.5% crit chance*

God dammit.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Night10194 posted:

If you have a Supra Vandal Entropy Burst actually makes it a good status gun and it's a giant laser minigun.

I need it to come back because I have a Riven for it, too. Nothing special, but I'm sitting on some kuva

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Unfortunately, Mesa's Peacemaker doesn't look at the base gun stats, just the mods, excluding rivens and conditional buff mods (like bladed rounds or argon scope or whatever). So slapping on the crit mods and elementals and fire rate if really all you need to do.

Peacemakers also have their own base stats. 25% crit rate i believe, last time I read about it a year ago.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Broose posted:

Unfortunately, Mesa's Peacemaker doesn't look at the base gun stats, just the mods, excluding rivens and conditional buff mods (like bladed rounds or argon scope or whatever). So slapping on the crit mods and elementals and fire rate if really all you need to do.

Peacemakers also have their own base stats. 25% crit rate i believe, last time I read about it a year ago.

That would explain why I remember seeing a mesa build with the Stilettos; I remember the toxocysts were the go-to weapon since they transferred some proc over, but those were patched?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Next tennogen next week, including :siren:Diva Octavia:siren:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The Arca Plasmor nerf apparently broke Harrow's 3 a bit, energy regain during Thurible is no longer reliable

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7tddwf/so_along_with_the_plasmor_nerf_de_broke_thurible/

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

wait what did they do to my plasmor

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

hup posted:

wait what did they do to my plasmor

No more headshot bonus :(

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It seems really strange that they would nerf the Plasmor being able to get mass head shots because it was very abusable with Harrow, but apparently it's totally cool for Mirage to use the Atomos or Amperax and have her clones benefit from the beam splitting mechanic and punch through mods.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Avulsion posted:

BOOOOOO

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Avulsion posted:

This is it, invade Canada

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

It's time.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

cursed image

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

˙uo ƃuıoƃ s,ʇɐɥʍ ǝɹns ʇou ¿ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʇɔɐɹǝʇuı ʇ,uplnoɔ ı uǝɥʇ puɐ ǝsıou pɹıǝʍ ɐ ǝpɐɯ ʇı ʇnq ʇsod ǝɥʇ ǝʇonb oʇ pǝıɹʇ ı

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Haha they changed Arca Plasmor's headshot multiplier to 0. Not 0 as in "no bonus damage" but 0 as in "no damage at all." They're going to fix it but they dropped the ball on that one.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
If you're looking for new guns to level/test out, and you're looking for some variety after using shotguns (because most shotguns are amazing in this game), here are a few underrated assault rifles where it may be possible to get a very powerful riven for them on the cheap.

Stradavar:
- Viral build (use in groups with 4x corpro): https://goo.gl/kfb2wM
- Use semi-auto
- How does it handle? Like a Latron, but with 3x the clip size and less recoil.

Argonak:
https://goo.gl/b1KLML
- Use semi-auto
- How does it handle? Like Stradvar's slower bigger brother.

Buzlok:
https://goo.gl/FGPkvy
- Use your secondary fire homing beacon periodically (e.g. before emptying a clip into a group of enemies), as it's "bugged" and it seems that it applies the crit chance buff to all shots within a certain time period, essentially making all your shots crits. Even without this "bug", this gun is stupid strong.

Harpak is another one. I posted builds for it a few pages back.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What's the best "personal loot roomba" companion/mods for it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That one's sort of a preference one. I don't run a gun on mine anymore and just do a Helios Prime with Vaccuum, Guardian, Investigator, Detect Vulnerability, Medi-Ray, Animal Instinct, and Sanctuary. Primed Regen at rank 6 and a pair of the health/shields mods fill it out.

Fun fact: the boost from Calculated Redirection applies to the bubble from Sanctuary. So you don't have to run that expensive-rear end mod at full bore if you don't want!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 27, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Which ever sentinel you use, I recommend the artax gun from taxon. The 100% cold proc is drat nice, especially paired with healing return on your melee.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Also coloring Artax red turns it into a laser pointer that always targets the last hyekka you can't find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

carrier/helios prime are probably the best just cause they're the most durable and have the most useful gimmicks

I use carrier on bullet hungry loadouts helios on everything else

weapon is kind of secondary you want to turn your robo pal into a shield recharging, health Ray giving, self reviving buff bot