Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
This what happens when Yoshi-P decides to put the orchestra in a stasis loop while performing Moebius in concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUjnZYFT_0&t=165s

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SKULL.GIF posted:

What are the numbers when you compare Release Holy Spirit to 4.2 Holy Spirit?

50/430 or 11.6%

8 more % to go before the nerf's overtake Requiscat's buff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

But the rest of the game DID explode. People were getting sub-10 fps in raids for no reason, and raid mobs were teleporting people around (which was a really funny bug). The scaling was also hosed so people couldn't solo old raids anymore, leveling dungeons flat out weren't worth doing over questing, and there are STILL goats and giraffes in northrend that one shot people leveling because they do damage as though you were 80 instead of 70.

I mean, 7.3.5 was a funny loving patch, but "not exploding" isn't how I'd classify it.

The rumour is that the performance was bunk because someone thought up a nice little trick to squeeze just that little bit of extra performance out of 32 bit systems running the game, but the trick had the bad side effect of loving things up for anyone running a computer from this millennium.

The game takes an eternity to load for me in general, it has bigger performance issues than FFXIV 2.0 onwards has ever had for me, despite being WoW older than time itself.

The new level scaling made timewalking dungeons really long and grinding to complete with terrible rewards for your effort.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
The joke is to blame it on the backpack slots, but apparently according to the dev's that was a myth all along that even they believed, until they brought it up in front of the engineers who were like "Yea that's bullshit".

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The biggest perk of owning a house isn’t actually anything I can do with the house itself, but rather the knowledge that I get to sleep in on Tuesday morning.

Everyone can sleep in on Tuesday. The patch notes say that the new wards will be added a week after the patch. No date given and it says more information coming. On phone or I would find it again.

Edit:

Had the notes still open on my phone.

Wards 13 through 18 have been added to all residential districts.

* The new wards are scheduled to be added one week after the release of patch 4.2. A separate announcement will be made when the date has been finalized.

Colander Crotch fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 27, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The biggest perk of owning a house isn’t actually anything I can do with the house itself, but rather the knowledge that I get to sleep in whenever new housing wards become available for the general public.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The biggest perk of not owning a house is that I've never gotten up early just to buy a house and I never will.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Them making the times the plots become available after someone demolishes random is nice though

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The biggest perk of working 3rd shift is not needing to wake up early for a game patch.

Other perks include.... <crickets>

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Elentor posted:

I still get excited for new plot wards out of years of conditioning but after being the owner of a Mist 6 I feel like I've beaten the game.

I briefly felt sad about losing my Brimming Heart house after the patch blinged it out, but it turns out being able to clip bridges over walls means I have a personally path to a MB now that I appreciate quite a bit.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Arist posted:

brd is the perfect class actually

i dunno troubador kind of loving sucks

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Leofish posted:

I love that you can have more merchants in your houses now and that they can be Allagan nodes and snakeladies.

I'm getting both. Don't try to stop me!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The rumour is that the performance was bunk because someone thought up a nice little trick to squeeze just that little bit of extra performance out of 32 bit systems running the game, but the trick had the bad side effect of loving things up for anyone running a computer from this millennium.

The game takes an eternity to load for me in general, it has bigger performance issues than FFXIV 2.0 onwards has ever had for me, despite being WoW older than time itself.

The new level scaling made timewalking dungeons really long and grinding to complete with terrible rewards for your effort.

Yeah but it was really the bag slots.

ad090 posted:

The joke is to blame it on the backpack slots, but apparently according to the dev's that was a myth all along that even they believed, until they brought it up in front of the engineers who were like "Yea that's bullshit".

I'm sad they didn't have to put out a bugfix "Adding 4 bag slots inadvertently deleted all death knights from the game, hotfix incoming"

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Bolow posted:

i dunno troubador kind of loving sucks
You are both right.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Varance posted:

This what happens when Yoshi-P decides to put the orchestra in a stasis loop while performing Moebius in concert:

Oh god thats Uematsu too.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nuru posted:

I briefly felt sad about losing my Brimming Heart house after the patch blinged it out, but it turns out being able to clip bridges over walls means I have a personally path to a MB now that I appreciate quite a bit.

You know what's one of the most unappreciated houses? Goblet #1. You have an entire set of NPCs + MB almost exclusively for you. No one will ever visit it but it's such a good utilitarian plot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's in the poo poo brown desert though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fat and Useless posted:

Oh god thats Uematsu too.

The pop that yoshi, soken, and uematsu get is insane.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Elentor posted:

You know what's one of the most unappreciated houses? Goblet #1. You have an entire set of NPCs + MB almost exclusively for you. No one will ever visit it but it's such a good utilitarian plot.

Yep! Ward 11 is quiet but that might change once <HOME> can't squat half the plots.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The energy in that room went from symphony to rock concert in 2 seconds.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Varance posted:

That made me realize: this is probably a dumb question, but is the 'orchestral-sounding' for this game like Moebius actually recorded or is it all made on computers?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Elentor posted:

You can also stare into abyss until it stares back.

But I still prefer plot 14.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I've got BRD (my main), BLM, and AST to 70. Looking for suggestions on what to take up next, pretty much everything else is at 50-60 except for DRK which is at 35.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Note Block posted:

I've got BRD (my main), BLM, and AST to 70. Looking for suggestions on what to take up next, pretty much everything else is at 50-60 except for DRK which is at 35.

Fisher

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Note Block posted:

Getting a tank up to 70 seems like a solid choice.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mr. Nice! posted:

Massively OP posted:

Final Fantasy XIV isn’t nearly as big in the west as it is in Japan, but when we interview Naoki Yoshida, we get clicks. That man is beloved. So it was with our interviews with him at E3 and PAX East.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/26/the-most-popular-mmorpg-articles-of-2017/

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I should have clarified that all DoH/DoL are 70 (fisher is great tho)

Ainsley McTree posted:

Getting a tank up to 70 seems like a solid choice.

:discourse:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love my three anime video game dads

for real I don't know what it is about this game but the XIV dev team has huge amounts of goodwill from me even if they can't make MCH fun to save a life

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Sorry, had to post this, look at this shot.

This is such a good shot. Whoever designs these kinds of scenes is my favorite person.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's kind of annoying that they shoved her story's conclusion into the DRK class quests, together with closure on Hauchefarant

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Who is that again?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

vOv posted:

Who is that again?

She gives you the roofied hot chocolate

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Vadoc posted:

She gives you the roofied hot chocolate

Oh right, her.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Confirmed: eorzea is in the earthbound universe and club stoic is real and my friend

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Phone posted:

Confirmed: eorzea is in the earthbound universe and club stoic is real and my friend

"Didactically speaking, seminal evidence seems to explicate the fact that your repudiation of calls to pray return supports my theory of aetherial synthesis. Of this, I am irrefutably confident."

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

vOv posted:

I love my three anime video game dads

for real I don't know what it is about this game but the XIV dev team has huge amounts of goodwill from me even if they can't make MCH fun to save a life

And I was just complaining about YoshiP being a middling designer who gets way too many free passes because he managed to stick together a decent MMO with the full resources of a giant company behind him. Half-assed updates, casters being back in the dumpster (just delete them and make Melee and Bard Fantasy already), and flailing random-rear end job overhauls are strangling any goodwill I had for the dev team personally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's kind of annoying that they shoved her story's conclusion into the DRK class quests, together with closure on Hauchefarant

Oh, she comes back? I thought her crying over the peace ceremony was the conclusion of her thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

casters being back in the dumpster (just delete them and make Melee and Bard Fantasy already)

Oh come the gently caress on.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh come the gently caress on.

Each caster is worse at its "thing" than other classes so the sentiment is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The Dead Sea called, they want their salt back.