Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
It certainly didn't help things when TAKP split over some bs crap and p2002 was put up.

Yeah, let's split the user base in half as part of 'plan A'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
It turns out the nerdiest EQ nerds are prone to having abrasive personalities and experience difficulty resolving interpersonal conflicts. Quelle surprise.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Yeah, glaring character flaws are classic AF!

Plenty of gems on every eq server ever and till the last plug is pulled.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
So is Unknown Guild still active at all or should I just join a pubbie guild?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Who is the cool dude (meaning someone who hasn't played on red server) that I'm handing over guild lead to? WHO?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Dick Burglar posted:

Oh sorry mate, I thought I had responded to this: Unknown is dead, join a leveling guild. Just group with folks and you will find one; if you don't, Kittens is a safe bet.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

moolchaba posted:

Who is the cool dude (meaning someone who hasn't played on red server) that I'm handing over guild lead to? WHO?

Woah! Hello there, random hater.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I was going to say I'll log in to take it back for the next dead period but I've played on red so I guess I'm not good enough for you anymore /cry

Edit: in all seriousness, if no one is chomping at the bit for it, don't worry about it, I can get the leader tag back whenever via the staff if you disappear with it.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 25, 2018

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Meatgrinder posted:

Oh sorry mate, I thought I had responded to this: Unknown is dead, join a leveling guild. Just group with folks and you will find one; if you don't, Kittens is a safe bet.

Its not dead, just highly inactive. I'll keep that guild on life support until I'm dead.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

I still login at least once every 2 months, so I can inventory for my BIG EBAY SALE!!!! :siren: :siren:

Someone else was asking: is there a eqemu server that's basically god-mode so you can solo whip on a dragon and just run around?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dick Burglar posted:

I have an officer in EC for an UG invite if you want, but goons are largely scattered across different guilds. Personally I currently run with Kittens, which is a hybrid leveling/raiding guild.

If I catch you online I'll drop you a weapon, HP rings, and some plat.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 25, 2018

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

moolchaba posted:

wow rude

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

moolchaba posted:

I suppose you could give it to me.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I suppose you could give it to me.

Probably the best option. Unless you are some bitch holding a goon guild hostage ala LOTRO lmao

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just made a dude on blue named Kiyro. No idea what I'm doing but some jerk is running through the halfling area murdering all the guards. Rip hobbit dudes

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Halfling and dwarf city guards were commonly solo'd on live, so I'm not surprised people do it on Project 1999 too.

Also, I am a jerk and forgot the name of the nice delf wizard from Kittens who helped me out yesterday. Something like Thelema?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where can I get food and drink near the halfling starter area? I'm running low and coords aren't helping since I don't know how to use them. I checked the inn but the guy just sells alcohol and none of it says it actually counts as a drink or meal

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blast of Confetti posted:

Where can I get food and drink near the halfling starter area? I'm running low and coords aren't helping since I don't know how to use them. I checked the inn but the guy just sells alcohol and none of it says it actually counts as a drink or meal

The druid guild sells some.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

First number of /loc is up or down on map, second number is right or left. But use the map app in the OP of this thread.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Curious on "boxing". Anybody have a set-up for a single macinge that they recommend that is relatively easy to deploy? Thinking it would be nice to have one on blue that is a solo class and I could play between quad pulls with my wizard on red.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You can just run two instances of EQ. The staff allow playing on both servers at the same time.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

FayGate posted:

You can just run two instances of EQ. The staff allow playing on both servers at the same time.

Okay, tried that and seemed like it was causing a bunch of display issues for my original instance. Might need to just tweak video settings some more and get it set up correctly.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Try wineq2. It's free, and easy to setup hokeys for each profile.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some guy just threw 50 plat at me. Should I be buying anything besides backpacks and spells or save it?

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 28, 2018

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Set aside that 50pp for spells, you can get a basic set of armor for free or at cost from one of us.

I'm online in EC on Klaymen for a bit. Best way to communicate with other goons is probably through the thread.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just got to group stuff and the game is pretty fun now. Feels like EvE where I start combat and things sort of play out after that

Is it a faux pas to sit during combat? I run out of mana pretty fast during heal intensive fights and sitting to regen mana seems more useful to the group than waggling my hammer at the mob

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 29, 2018

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Just got to group stuff and the game is pretty fun now. Feels like EvE where I start combat and things sort of play out after that

Is it a faux pas to sit during combat? I run out of mana pretty fast during heal intensive fights and sitting to regen mana seems more useful to the group than waggling my hammer at the mob

You should absolutely be sitting in combat to regain mana.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Vargs posted:

You should absolutely be sitting in combat to regain mana.

See, you'd think that, but at your level server etiquette actually requires you to melee everything, chain cast only aggro generating spells and scream at people that you are out of mana the whole time. Turn on capslock and never look back!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

See, you'd think that, but at your level server etiquette actually requires you to melee everything, chain cast only aggro generating spells and scream at people that you are out of mana the whole time. Turn on capslock and never look back!

This is good advice. Do whatever you want in a cooperative way as you level into whatever role you'll play later on in the game. A full group can go ham on a lot of the classic content.

Edit: For reference, I made a gimmick gnome cleric and would melee in Unrest groups well into the early 20s. Nobody complained

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 29, 2018

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
If you're not twinked, med away as soon as you get the skill and enjoy a life of yelling at your party that you're OOM every time they pull. If you're rolling around with a fungi and a brawl stick, melee 4 lyfe and cast flash of light while spamming /rude whenever the tanks take aggro from you.

Meatgrinder posted:

Yeah pretty much this!

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Caster melee works for low levels but unless you're rocking a tola robe, high strength, and a velium brawl stick or Rod of Annihilation past 20 you're better off medding.

Dick Burglar posted:

Also, I am a jerk and forgot the name of the nice delf wizard from Kittens who helped me out yesterday. Something like Thelema?

You're welcome!

Stand on incoming pull, sit when mobs are tanked/CC'd to avoid proximity aggro.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 29, 2018

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

Absolutely sit and once you have meditation open your spell book while you’re sitting.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

trauma llama posted:

Absolutely sit and once you have meditation open your spell book while you’re sitting.

You don't need to open your spellbook to meditate on this server. Just sitting is fine.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vargs posted:

You don't need to open your spellbook to meditate on this server. Just sitting is fine.

MY IMMERSION

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How can I actually tell what class and level people are?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Use any of the /who commands. On its own it lists all characters in your current zone. You can add parameters: zone name, level range, class, character name, guild name...

For instance: "/who all 20 druid" will list from all zones level 20 characters whose class is druid.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

The above is correct but the pro move is...
Target them and type /whot
(short for /whotarget)

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Anarch posted:

You're welcome!

Thanks again for the help and the gear. I was going to put in an app with Kittens and wanted to have the name correct when I applied.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The above is correct but the pro move is...
Target them and type /whot
(short for /whotarget)

Ooh didn't know about that one. Slick.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Is there an active spreadsheet of server goons that needs updating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Constant posted:

MY IMMERSION

It's actually true to the era. They took out needing the book open to meditate between Kunark and Velious. And IIRC at that, after like level 35 you could always meditate with the book closed, even on classic.