Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

"LOL, the lib media is so upset that the Hamburglar stole all those burgers we told him to deliver! What did they think he was gonna do?" :xd::xd::xd:

He's so close to "Hmm, maybe the Hamburglar shouldn't have this job to begin with," but we all know he'll never get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

No, no, Mike, the line is that the firing story is fake news. God, it's like you don't even read the talking points. :rolleyes:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Evangelicals don't do confessionals! :argh:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The famous Presidential catch phrase,

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I like how the dog is somehow the object of her rant, too.

Robots called "Terminators" are "terminating" important people! Aaaargh I'm really dumb for thinking this is bad! :supaburn:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Katt posted:

This does speak to me when I think about the number of smokers who lecture me on the hazards of eating pasta and any food that contains "e markings"

Are they talking about E numbers? Because that's stupid. You're breathing E numbers right now (E941 and E948).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Am I supposed to care about any of these weirdos

It's a milquetoast MOR comedy comic strip so, no?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ularg posted:

Being such a vegan that you would potentially put stress on a friend who wants to cook you dinner seems like a real dick move.

So, being a vegan then?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heh. It never gets old.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't know about other states, but in mine you don't have to do the roadside breathalyzer test. That means they have to find probable cause to believe you are drunk during the physical test (walk the line, touch your nose, etc.) to arrest you and compel you to take the breathalyzer at the station. So, to get far enough where BAC comes into play, you have to have demonstrated that you physically should not be driving.

Granted, often cops can just say what they want about how you did on those tests but still. With dash cams and body cams that would become harder for them to do though.

I just recently sat on a jury (Colorado) where a man was accused of driving drunk and high and had refused a breathalyzer test. We had a lot of discussion about that, even though the judge told us that shouldn’t be seen as a sign of guilt. I think the law was that you can refuse the test but then you lose your driver’s license for a while (six months maybe?). A lot of the case was based on a road side test called “Horizontal Gaze Nistagma” (spelling?) which involved a cop looking at his pupils and seeing how they darted. I’m still skeptical as to how reliable a field test done by a non-medical professional is, but we were told we had to accept him as an expert. Eventually we decided on “Driving While Alcohol Impaired,” which is a lesser charge than DUI.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

He is upset because his incompetently designed mouse wheel cannot rotate a full revolution.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Liberal (dumb, angry): Jerry Sandusky molested my child! Ahh!
Me (calm collected): heh, what did you expect a child molester to do? you idiot, you moron

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Liberal (dumb, angry): Jerry Sandusky molested my child! Ahh!
Me (calm collected): heh, what did you expect a child molester to do? you idiot, you moron

:lol:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This is the stupidest possible take on the situation. Or on any situation.

e: Next year, can we have a gaybie category for "worst take?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pakled posted:

This is the stupidest possible take on the situation. Or on any situation.

e: Next year, can we have a gaybie category for "worst take?"

I was thinking"Most Deliberately Missing the Point"
Or, "Most Willfully Dense" for short.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

the_steve posted:

Yeah, that's probably better. I think it'd be a fruitful category.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and the Tory Brexit revolt – Prime minister disowns comments on the EU by her chancellor Philip Hammond, while Jacob Rees-Mogg says ministers are ‘cowed’ by Brussels" After Charles Addams.

Telegraph:

Donald Trump prepared to apologise for UK far-right video retweets

Independent:

After Ilya Repin.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_steve posted:

"Most Outright Supportive of Eliminating Democracy/Breaking the Law/Defying the Constitution".

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

cheetah7071 posted:

Wait Garrison hates big banks? Is there some sort of extreme libertarian mind bending you can do to fellate the free market and still dislike what banks do when they aren't regulated?
this is a couple days old but: they're fractional reserve fiat currency banks? literally pyramid schemes ??? hello mcfly

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zemyla posted:

Are they talking about E numbers? Because that's stupid. You're breathing E numbers right now (E941 and E948).

Yes those things on the cans of stuff that's not on wholesome things like raw vegetables.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Apparently Oprah said she isn't interested in being President. I'm glad dozens of cartoonists obsessed about that possibility for weeks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Apparently Oprah said she isn't interested in being President. I'm glad dozens of cartoonists obsessed about that possibility for weeks.

Wait for the "Lying Oprah" cartoons and also Tweets from the president of the United States of America.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Kraken posted:

I think they were more obsessed with being able to call other people hypocrites and deflect from their support of a reality show president.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Lester is breathtakingly stupid. You may as well just write “I SUPPORT CORRUPT PIECES OF poo poo SO LONG AS THEY GIVE ME TAX CUTS AND ARREST PEOPLE I DON’T LIKE”

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There were similarly dumb takes about the Muslim ban which amounted to "he told you he was gonna do it, why are you so upset???"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

There were similarly dumb takes about the Muslim ban which amounted to "he told you he was gonna do it, why are you so upset???"

What’s funny to me about that is that Trump’s opponents were the ones who said he was going to do it, while Trump supporters insisted it was just empty rhetoric. “But he tells it like it is!”

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm pretty sure that was also a Lester, with the dude reading the same headline through four seasons and only freaking out about it in winter.
Because those dumb libs obv never believed trump was going to do what he was saying.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
That was an R.MEKE

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

That was an R.MEKE

Ah, my bad, thanks for posting it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You could make a racist waltz from the backwards and forwards toons people make, pirouetting from "Oh, he doesn't really mean a literal wall" to "Yes, and we need it" to "Well, yeah, again it was just a METAPHOR, he wasn't gonna do it you Liberal" if it inevitably fails to occur set to Blue Danube.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Did Lester do a cartoon like this when C-Murder was convicted of murder?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Well then, Ramirez, what do you suggest?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
For the famous car giveaway, didn't she declare the cars as prizes instead of gifts (or something like that), so the recipients had to pay the taxes on them instead of her?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Can there be a more opposite of reality cartoon?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The rest of the world's military preparedness is the cinder blocks.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think they were more obsessed with being able to call other people hypocrites and deflect from their support of a reality show president.

That, and making sure a black woman stayed in her place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

Can there be a more opposite of reality cartoon?

It does have some factual basis, through, because the Pentagon is terribly mismanaged. All the money is spent on procuring shiny new stuff that doesn't work, such as the F-35 or the Zumwalt-class, instead of spending it on keeping existing materiel operational or improving the personnel's conditions. The grinding forever-wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have taken a huge toll on the US military. On the other hand, the military-industrial complex is at its peak, companies like Lockheed-Martin are raking in the dough, and as far as the GOP is concerned, it's all that really matters.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

This might be my favorite ever application of Tinsley’s two week delay. Oprah gives a speech, people freak out for a couple weeks that she’s going to run for president, and then she announces it’s not happening the same day Tinsley starts what looks like a week’s worth of strips about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

It does have some factual basis, through, because the Pentagon is terribly mismanaged. All the money is spent on procuring shiny new stuff that doesn't work, such as the F-35 or the Zumwalt-class, instead of spending it on keeping existing materiel operational or improving the personnel's conditions. The grinding forever-wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have taken a huge toll on the US military. On the other hand, the military-industrial complex is at its peak, companies like Lockheed-Martin are raking in the dough, and as far as the GOP is concerned, it's all that really matters.

The only thing conservatives know about the military is that money goes in and freedom comes out, that's why no matter how much we give to Are Troops it isn't enough.