Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cho'gath and Singed. Cho'gath's great at confirming kills and Singed is great because you turn on your poison trail and the enemy jungler kills themselves chasing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

Can we loving stop posting like this thread is fyad because it is not, holy poo poo.

this chicanery should not be associated with fyad.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I really liked playing sion the other night, who are a couple more good braindead tanks

rammus, shen, and poppy

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I really liked playing sion the other night, who are a couple more good braindead tanks
I was going to suggest Rammus, but I tried him in the jungle today and he feels way weaker than I remember back before new runes. First clear was very awkward, but I started at blue since I was red-side. Maybe it's better if you're blue-side and start red? That said, once you get your bami's cinder the jungle clear is super smooth as with most tanks, and your gameplay for both ganks and team fights is both straightforward and rewarding. And if you're playing in low MMR where everyone loves to pick AD jg/mid/top like Master Yi, Riven, Tryndamere, Yasuo, and Zed, then you'll really love the built-in armor steroid and reflected damage that stacks with thornmail.

Probably the best low-cost and low-effort tank though is Amumu. You're very blue-dependent in the early game, but your clears are fast and healthy and you have one of those great initiation ults that sends a clear signal to go in that people generally feel comfortable following. On that note, it's generally better to initiate with your R and then followup with a Q that can't miss, even using Flash to set up the R if necessary. Gives you more total time on top of the target.

Where I'm torn on both of these guys is when it's good to buy a stoneplate over stacking more passive health and defense. I mean it's obviously better to have stoneplate if you're consistently teamfighting, but it can be hard to tell in advance whether you'll get your money's worth. Anyone have any words on this?

rabidsquid posted:

the four post per page limit was too high

pog boyfriend posted:

what in the god drat hell happened to this thread. i leave yall alone for like, 10 hours, and this happens

How Rude posted:

Can we loving stop posting like this thread is fyad because it is not, holy poo poo.
How about posting more about League of Legends instead of posting about posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Unless you're playing Cho'gath and getting a major benefit from rushing Stoneplate it's pretty much always a 3rd or 4th item to me. On most tanks right now you get way more out of a Warmog's than a Stoneplate.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maokai is probably the most useful braindead tank. You have no responsibility except to press R-Flash on ADC and press W-(walk a bit)-Q

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Where did you play him? You might like Ornn, Maokai or Malphite top. Of those I think Maokai is the most fun. For a tree he's very mobile, has strong initiation in his ultimate and w and takes forever to kill because his passive heals him on autos.

In support Brain, Taric, Leona and Alistar are strong and very fun. Go I'd say Ali or Leo are closest to Sion's laning and team fight style.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Camel Camus posted:

Where did you play him? You might like Ornn, Maokai or Malphite top. Of those I think Maokai is the most fun. For a tree he's very mobile, has strong initiation in his ultimate and w and takes forever to kill because his passive heals him on autos.

In support Brain, Taric, Leona and Alistar are strong and very fun. Go I'd say Ali or Leo are closest to Sion's laning and team fight style.

Ywah i forgot to say I played him top, no way I can do support

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

How Rude posted:

Anyway, it looks like Nasus's winrate went from 54% to 48% in a single patch because Klepto + Talisman were that good on him, and now they're both gone.

Source? I've been checking on lolalytics and it never dipped below 50% (50.7 atm).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How Rude posted:

Anyway, it looks like Nasus's winrate went from 54% to 48% in a single patch because Klepto + Talisman were that good on him, and now they're both gone. Also rip Ezreal.

Vlad dropped a good 1-2% depending on the lane, too. I understand why they didn't bother just turning Talisman and FQC into their own items in 8.2: they're trying to see how game-warping the items were in other lanes.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I think it's always going to be a chore to balance support builds by offering high utility low cost items.

The solution is pretty obvious they gotta add a fourth lane called the caverns where you have to go underground to scrounge around for treasures and treats to bring to your solo lane friends on the surface.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Camel Camus posted:

I think it's always going to be a chore to balance support builds by offering high utility low cost items.

The solution is pretty obvious they gotta add a fourth lane called the caverns where you have to go underground to scrounge around for treasures and treats to bring to your solo lane friends on the surface.

This sounds suspiciously like different maps and objectives in HotS which is cool, it's one of the things i really like about it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

This sounds suspiciously like different maps and objectives in HotS which is cool, it's one of the things i really like about it

Counterpoint, most HotS maps suck rear end (Dragon Shire is especially tedious) and Haunted Mines is the worst thing in any MOBA.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

the four post per page limit was too high

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

20 years from now an interviewer will ask me why i enjoyed playing top lane so much before i became the supreme emperor and i will tell that interviewer because you get to gently caress up one guy so bad that when when the jungler comes you gently caress up the jungler and then the jungler stops coming and eventually the other guy also stops showing up to lane and just awkwardly walks around in the jungle while flaming you in all chat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

20 years from now an interviewer will ask me why i enjoyed playing top lane so much before i became the supreme emperor and i will tell that interviewer because you get to gently caress up one guy so bad that when when the jungler comes you gently caress up the jungler and then the jungler stops coming and eventually the other guy also stops showing up to lane and just awkwardly walks around in the jungle while flaming you in all chat

This is why I want more top Lane tanks

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

njsykora posted:

Counterpoint, HotS sucks rear end

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

:agreed:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

reported for toxic behavior

in seriousness i like the shared team xp and the lack of an item shop meaning last hits don't exist

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kitfox88 posted:

in seriousness i like the shared team xp and the lack of an item shop meaning last hits don't exist

That poo poo makes it bab’s first moba

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Nothing liked one feeder on your team simultaneously feeding the entire enemy team at once as opposed to just their lane

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can experience shared team exp in league by playing aram and being on the losing team and immediately getting blasted by a team full of ults while you're all level 5

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That poo poo makes it bab’s first moba

Tbh I think characters like Vikings are harder mechanically than any champs in League and figuring out how to play all the maps is definitely harder than just learning one; imo the problem with HotS is the team wide snowballing thanks to shared xp imo.

I want a proper pet champ...

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Meepo existed before HotS

ChoGall is legit interesting, just like the hat guy

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Meepo existed before HotS

ChoGall is legit interesting, just like the hat guy

He said harder than any champ in league

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I don't think The Lost Vikings in HotS are that tricky, they feel less intense then some League assassins in my book. You are spending more time with them laning than (team)fights, you don't have to lasthit in HotS, you don't have a lot of abilities to juggle and you aren't punished heavily for one of them dying. If you want to take the micro to a new level and employ mind-games you take Illusion Master on Samuro (Samuro can create two weak clones of himself, with Illusion Master he gains full control of them).

Speaking of different MOBAs, apparently Epic's Paragon just got its death sentence. Anyone played it? Did it have interesting mechanics? Or any abilities/kits that would be great to see in more popular MOBA? Edit: Ah, here is a playlist with character overviews. Gonna to watch that later on.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 27, 2018

strong bird
May 12, 2009

foutre posted:

figuring out how to play all the maps is definitely harder than just learning one

All of the maps are the same with a different skin on their autoplay mechanic

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

strong bird posted:

lol have you even played hots

strong bird
May 12, 2009

REgretefully yes and it is very bad

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mierenneuker posted:

(Samuro can create two weak clones of himself, with Illusion Master he gains full control of them).

That's so cool. Basically all I play DotA 2 for at this point is Meepo / Chen, always interested in more micro intensive characters! I think it's a holdover from SC 2. And yeah, you're probably right about the playstyle being easier.

I just want more things like Shaco where there's lots of weird micro tricks to think about all the time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, how long until the regular playerbase catches on that the new relic shield is extremely stat efficient not even counting the fact it helps pay for itself and gives map vision later and realizes they should be building it on every tank in every role?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Vi would never stomp on you what the hell.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

strong bird posted:

Not entirely true. Some of them have TWO control points to fight over.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, how long until the regular playerbase catches on that the new relic shield is extremely stat efficient not even counting the fact it helps pay for itself and gives map vision later and realizes they should be building it on every tank in every role?

Had a Jarvan jungle do this in my last game.

I was very confused.

Then I read the stat line, and the price.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://i.imgur.com/UAsRn0B.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/AiplQAQ.mp4

oh my god this guy is so much fun, y'all

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah urgot rocks especially the new ultimate.

Go full lethality against a squishy team. It may not be good but it's fun.

Also the lifestyle off of physical damage thing is good. Not bloodthirster but the other one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't understand how they came up with the stats they gave the new support items.

Relic shield is:
+10% cooldown reduction
+500 health
+200% base health regeneration
2200g value for 1900g

Ancient coin is:
+10% cooldown reduction
+200 health
+125% base health regeneration
1175g value for 1500g

And the relic has a passive that benefits allies instead of just yourself and can waveclear well.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Coin builds into clickable speedboost for your team, maybe thats it?

Also, why do i get laughed out of lane for starting relic shield+pot, is it THAT bad?
I mean its not like dorans is the finger of god either.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It got nerfed because the shield was removed (which was why it was bought mostly) and the healing is now halved for ranged champions and now it just gives you a sightstone so it's basically worthless on a damage dealing champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Coin builds into clickable speedboost for your team, maybe thats it?

It no longer has a speed boost.