Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Hmm, I guess if you ever wonder why WG can't seem to have a clue, watch MrConway -who is either currently or was previously one of the higher WGEU staff- playing with Circ here, and listen to his clueless comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-Lzb1e0WM

I happen to know he was playing the game at least 4-5 years ago, since I met him in a battle where he called the team idiots, and he has pretty good stats:
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/514368142-MrConway/
so why he sounds like someone who has never seen the game before is a bit of a mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Darkrenown posted:

Sure, but that seems like a bigger change for them, philosophically if nothing else. It just seems like there's no need for tanks to be OP or shitheaps for months, nevermind years! Like, unless the process is way more complex than it should be, you should be able to give all the terribad T8 prems a buff in an afternoon. Of course, they'd need testing and tweaking after that, but a non-idiot isn't going to make a shitpile OP in one go and incremental changes are far better than none.

The Maus and E5 megabuffs show that Wargaming are kind of idiots when it comes to balance.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Darkrenown posted:

Hmm, I guess if you ever wonder why WG can't seem to have a clue, watch MrConway -who is either currently or was previously one of the higher WGEU staff- playing with Circ here, and listen to his clueless comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-Lzb1e0WM

I happen to know he was playing the game at least 4-5 years ago, since I met him in a battle where he called the team idiots, and he has pretty good stats:
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/514368142-MrConway/
so why he sounds like someone who has never seen the game before is a bit of a mystery.

Imagine wanting to work in the gaming industry but getting a job making a game you have absolutely no interest in actually playing. How much do you care about their rabid fan base? Why should you care? The guys down the hall say they're making great money, everyone's getting bonuses, and you want to do something else. You don't want to play the pony train farm sim express but you have to every once in a while to show that you do.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: Why do we have 1000 pages in this terrible thread

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: Why do we have 1000 pages in this terrible thread

I was putting together a new thread like six months ago but then I stopped playing.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

The Maus and E5 megabuffs show that Wargaming are kind of idiots when it comes to balance.

Well, they are idiots. Those were the type of massive changes that needed far more testing and revision. "Hurr durr, we make the armour thicker, remove all weakpoints, make the gun handle amazingly, and give it the best DPM, job done!". Just do small changes to an area or two, and patch tanks more often. Maybe disable the sale of certain premiums while they are in a patch cycle so if you overbuff them you can just nerf them again without anyone being able to claim you nerfed a paid tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WG cry all the way to the bank when they "accidentally" make a premium overpowered

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I hated my m46 patton last year... I had all sorts of issues (also I'm very mediocre). But I think I've learned a few things and now it's the best tank... love it.

Maybe because I wasn't using the crazy mobility like I should... I was treating it more like a stout medium face brawler.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

Well, they are idiots. Those were the type of massive changes that needed far more testing and revision. "Hurr durr, we make the armour thicker, remove all weakpoints, make the gun handle amazingly, and give it the best DPM, job done!". Just do small changes to an area or two, and patch tanks more often. Maybe disable the sale of certain premiums while they are in a patch cycle so if you overbuff them you can just nerf them again without anyone being able to claim you nerfed a paid tank.

250mm+ armor behind the E5 trackwheel is the real dumbest change.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So wait, the E5 is good now?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So wait, the E5 is good now?

It used to not have a cupola or lower plate weakspot and shooting in its front track wheel didn't reliably damage it. They've toned it back down and the E5 is merely adequate with a cupola weakspot again.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Had a top tier Panther call the entire team "Retarded jew campers", when he camped at the back and traveled less than i did in my arty. I just reflexively told him "Shut up nazi shitlord" and get a load of abuse. Turns out all but one tank on the first page of his most played were German, including 55% with over 1k games in a 1C. The only non-german tank was a tier 2 russian seal clubber.

This, my friend, is why you get a couple free shots of team damage and can TK every once in a while.

Hellsau posted:

FTFY

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I saw an episode of mysteries at the museum last night where they were talking about the Soviet t28 during the winter war but showed pictures of the American t28 instead. Lol

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm the new auto-loading constantly tanks they just showed off seems interesting. It will undoubtedly ended up either completely worthless of completely OP.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If you want an FCM 50 t buy it now as its being removed from the store when the next patch hits.

They also decreased the side armour of the new Russian tier 9 heavy Object 257. Wargaming actually listening?????

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 26, 2018

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

BadLlama posted:

Hmm the new auto-loading constantly tanks they just showed off seems interesting. It will undoubtedly ended up either completely worthless of completely OP.

It could go quite well, I like they idea that having one left in the clip means not being totally defenseless while you fill the clip. The idea that dumping your clip has big repercussions on the reload is a pretty cool idea.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Has there been any update on what's going to happen if you have both the SU-122-54 and the Obj. 263 in your garage when the patch hits?

Found the answer. Sell the SU-122-54 before the patch hits if you have both.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 27, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
EVEN 90 is hilarious

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Scapegoat posted:

It could go quite well, I like they idea that having one left in the clip means not being totally defenseless while you fill the clip. The idea that dumping your clip has big repercussions on the reload is a pretty cool idea.

Sounds like a fun hybrid to me. Single shot peek and poke. But with the potential to get out and clip out a low health enemy when needed. And unlike drum tanks where after firing 2 shells, you clear out the problems and would put in a full reload while getting back to the battle, this automatically keeps you topped up so surprise ambushes don't hurt.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
"Well we've had the first premium Polish tank in the game for several months now, so it's logical that we introduce the new full line of Italian tanks"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

"Well we've had the first premium Polish tank in the game for several months now, so it's logical that we introduce the new full line of Italian tanks"

Italy has almost double the population of Poland, and has a higher GDP per capita.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
It was about he cognitive dissonance of that actual statement in the video put out by Wargaming.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

It was about he cognitive dissonance of that actual statement in the video put out by Wargaming.

They already announced the full Polish tech tree at WG Fest didnt they?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I like the grinds that are really fun despite not having large enough sample sizes to be representative of a tank's performance in your hands.
I'm still digging my IS-3 out of a 47% WR after unlocking the top gun.

In other news: the population on the Eu server is still awful.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Scapegoat posted:

This is a nice tweak on the current autoloader mechanic. I've always said that I'd prefer if they tweaked it such that partial magazines took less time to reload. So say you've got a 4-round autoloader with a 30-second total reload now - change it so it takes 6 seconds to start/finish the reload process at any time, plus 6 seconds per shell. You still end up with the same total reload time, but without the full time penalty for reloading just a few shots, however it's less efficient per shell the fewer you're reloading at any given time. Also, you could expand upon that mechanic by differentiating between reloading spent shells and changing live ones; the former would take less time because with the latter you have to re-stow the still-usable shells.

McGavin posted:

Has there been any update on what's going to happen if you have both the SU-122-54 and the Obj. 263 in your garage when the patch hits?

Found the answer. Sell the SU-122-54 before the patch hits if you have both.

Thanks for this!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Where are the details on this new mechanic?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where are the details on this new mechanic?

https://youtu.be/6aaDkDNeRSA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think its a cool idea but its implementation is going to depend entirely on how the tank works. You have the burst damage of an Autoloader, but what seems to be one less shot for the alpha and a huge reload time. Then you have a much longer reload if you want to play peak and poke. So if that guns on a tank with a great turret or something really mobile I can see it working well. However no armour and meh mobility and it will just be a poo poo medium.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Azhais posted:

EVEN 90 is hilarious
The gun attributes are comically bad with the reload and such but the size, speed, and camo make it ridiculously fun to play. This was a gift card well spent

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I used my LTTB exp to unlock the T-54 instead of the Ltwt and yeah Russian mediums are so much fun to play. Even stock.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Any reason why I cannot, for the life of me, select the Lorraine 40t in the camo calculator on wotinfo.net?

Other premiums are visible, new tank trees are also in there, so I have no idea what the issue is.
On the one hand, I realize I should go with repairs as crew skills, but I feel like a full camo crew would at least give me a chance on some maps to get into position without getting greenlit from loving orbit. Without camo trained, the thing has 20% stationary, and 15% moving, so it's not as abysmally bad as I'm experiencing it, and I feel like there should be some decent improvement with a full camo crew

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Had a LTTB throw his toys out of the pram at the very start of the match. Drunkenmaster is a true coinflipper with delusions of grandeur. If you see him on EU ask him how he only has 52% w/r in 1.5k games in a Pz1C

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I haven't played this game since mid 2015 - should I consider playing it again?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I haven't played this game since mid 2015 - should I consider playing it again?

no

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is there a good heavy tank for the bounce twice your HP mission? i got close in the maus but that was entirely thanks to two tier 8 mediums i couldn't see bouncing rounds off me for a solid two minutes

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Any reason why I cannot, for the life of me, select the Lorraine 40t in the camo calculator on wotinfo.net?

Other premiums are visible, new tank trees are also in there, so I have no idea what the issue is.
On the one hand, I realize I should go with repairs as crew skills, but I feel like a full camo crew would at least give me a chance on some maps to get into position without getting greenlit from loving orbit. Without camo trained, the thing has 20% stationary, and 15% moving, so it's not as abysmally bad as I'm experiencing it, and I feel like there should be some decent improvement with a full camo crew

If you click "comparison camo values" right above that it says "Update 9.17" and the Lorraine was apparently re-added in 9.17.1 if the official Wiki is to be believed. (If not, someone else can do further research.) That being said, it looks like the camo data haven't been updated on that site in awhile so the Lorraine simply isn't in there.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there a good heavy tank for the bounce twice your HP mission? i got close in the maus but that was entirely thanks to two tier 8 mediums i couldn't see bouncing rounds off me for a solid two minutes

How about something lower-tier, like the KV-220; a ton of armor, a more attainable hit point total, premium MM, and battles packed full of shitters should do the trick. Of course if you don't have that, something like a KV-1, T29, or even some of the Jap HTs should do the trick in the right circumstances (largely depending on how much HE is flung your way.)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i've been trying the churchill 3 but i'll give the 220 a shot

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the c3 doesn't really bounce shells as much as it just absorbs them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao the maus wishes it bounced as much as the kv-220 does, got the mission on its first spin out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business