Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
people need to be more specific. there's the "good shogi show" and the "bad shogi show"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shion no ou was pretty bad yeah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
only chica umino should be allowed to make media about shogi, i say

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's the one from this season. The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! or something. It was mostly ok... until you get the "lucky sukebe" moment. With a 9-year-old. gently caress that noise forever.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^That's still creepy dude. That's a 16 year old girl and a 26 year old guy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Blend Stop

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
How The Heck Is That Dude Twenty Six

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh yeah, I don't know anything about it, but here's my Blend S story: my friend's ""Normie"" older sister watched it and liked it, and that's like one of the few animes she's liked.

This woman has a law degree.

that's all i got

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Blend-S is mostly a harmless workplace comedy, nothing wrong with enjoying it. But Dino (the guy there) just plain sucks, and that's the running joke with him.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I was mad because I really liked the initial premise of workplace comedy focusing on gags about the gap between their personas and real personalities and that was mostly abandone for the unfunny and creepy romance and they didnt introduce the idol til ep 8 or something
fun OP though

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The precedent was set by Working, everyone else is just blindly following the model (of having the main male character with barf preference)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Julias posted:

Blend-S is mostly a harmless workplace comedy, nothing wrong with enjoying it. But Dino (the guy there) just plain sucks, and that's the running joke with him.

He really sucks though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Blend S is good when it's stops being about Dino projecting his dumb fetishes on Maika. Fortunately, the rest of the cast is solid. Hell, Dino as the butt of the jokes is funny too. My favorite pair are the two "Tsundere" gamers, though. Also, there's a cute Nico boy!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least the weird teen in working gets in a normal relationship with a cute girl his age

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hasebe in Servant x Service is... well not normal, but about as normal as these characters get, anyway.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah people who work day jobs are really hosed up haha

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like it when Lucy visits Hasebe at home at he's got glasses on and is really cute/dorky.

The relationships in Working/SxS are in general very powerful.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the opener to s2 was great, as is osomatsu tradition. everything i watched after was an incredibly mixed bag so i just dropped it to wait for final impressions of the season

As perhaps the only person on Earth who has only seen Osomatsu season 2 (save for the opener of season 1), I'd agree with the mixed bag assessment. Some segments are hilarious, some are okay, and some are ten minutes of one gag with no punchline which just leaves you wondering what the hell you watched.

But, no matter what, it feels like they're willing to swing for it, if that makes any sense.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I like it when Lucy visits Hasebe at home at he's got glasses on and is really cute/dorky.

The relationships in Working/SxS are in general very powerful.

They're also at least moderately healthy and realistic without being bland.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

it's a manga for people who want to gently caress chubby girls

Good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

namtab wakes up every morning and searches the sa forums for 'chubby girl'

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Xelkelvos posted:

They're also at least moderately healthy and realistic without being bland.

Well, SxS at least. Working is loving off the wall, but I love them for it.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Kibibit posted:

Well, SxS at least. Working is loving off the wall, but I love them for it.

I liked SxS but I thought the rabbit robot chief was a bit much. Sort of felt a bit out of place in the cast. Working's characters were definitely a bit crazier on the whole, but still really fun! Web working was a bit disappointing though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

hell same

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

*busts into thread like All Might*

I'M HERE

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Killing Bites is good fun. It's unappologetically trashy, but is totally aware of what it is and has fun with it's trashiness.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Killing Bites' third episode is entitled "I REALLY HAVE NO REDEEMING QUALITY" which could be a descriptor for the show itself

it's my third favorite show this season, I love it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm kinda enjoying Grancrest Senki, it's all feudal politics wedded to a hierarchy enforced by magic seals, and the heroine is nakedly the real protagonist of everything.

And wait what the gently caress, it's directed by the Sankarea/Rozen Maiden/Rakugo Shinjuu dude???

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yea Grancrest has a Arslan type animated Dynasty Warriors type vibe. It's cool and my fav of the half dozen trash fantasy shows this season.

Speaking of, whaaaaat the gently caress is overlord doing?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

kater posted:

Yea Grancrest has a Arslan type animated Dynasty Warriors type vibe. It's cool and my fav of the half dozen trash fantasy shows this season.

Taking a look at how other civilisations deal with Nazarick bullshit, along with seemingly Ainz experimenting as to the bounds of his control over his minions.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I do like the brief moments of icebug getting frustrated and chat spamming his friends with complaints.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Grancrest has an unapologetic old-school feel and I like it too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wark Say posted:

Grancrest has an unapologetic old-school feel and I like it too.

It’s from the Lodoss War author, so it should

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

Lizardpeople

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Fate/Extra finally came out today. How was it?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shiny

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

X

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

So Fate/Extra finally came out today. How was it?

Very shaft-stylish

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I know I'm a little late, but boy is the first episode of Devilman intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Very shaft-stylish

Yep - if you ever wanted a Fate show with the look and atmosphere of Madoka, you’ve got it.

My only concern was that the art was unusually wonky for a first episode, which may be a bad sign for later. Whole lot of weirdly scrunched-up, low-detail faces in the mid-distance shots.

• Locked thread