Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

... So what are the kids who were born after the millennium?

Annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It always takes a about 20-30 years for a generational name to stick, right around the time people start writing opinion pieces about how it is the laziest/least social/most entitled/most XYZ of any generation thus far. Though some current contenders are Gen Z, post-milennials or my personal least favourite, iGeneration.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

How about fuckwits. Or annoying little fuckwits who won’t get off my drat lawn.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

bike tory posted:

It always takes a about 20-30 years for a generational name to stick, right around the time people start writing opinion pieces about how it is the laziest/least social/most entitled/most XYZ of any generation thus far. Though some current contenders are Gen Z, post-milennials or my personal least favourite, iGeneration.

iGeneration is bad, I've also seen Generation Edge

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't think finally abandoning the corpse of Internet Explorer was that much of a cultural milestone.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The homeless generation.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

RIP. Grant Fell from the headless chickens. Now for a brief musical interlude to enjoy some of his work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5i_yIZkO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4topF9qZSjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwzZpf8yFY

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Hahaha gently caress off

ive been let go twice from that law

I still think it's good. people take time to show their worth. sometimes their poor attitude and the evidence they will be a poor employee can't be neatly packaged into a single "reason" why someone should be let go.

yes some take advantage of it but most of the time it's a good thing*

this exact line is used by leftists to defend welfare (which I am and do)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also

posting on page 420 gently caress yes get high my friends

ps does anyeone know where ot get weed

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
your dad

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I did when I didn't have money, and now that I have money I don't. Hence, I have never spliffed.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

echinopsis posted:

posting on page 420 gently caress yes get high my friends

:2bong:

When's that referendum already!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

From a friend in deed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So why is horse racing so important it has to happen on rainy days?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Money. A lot of money changes hands around horse racing. If it is called off then some people make a bit less.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I kinda wonder how the old guard will react when they realize that racing (ect ect) money is literal chump change when compared to the kind of bank crypto exchanges and other expressions of new economies can make on a daily basis.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I doubt they would. To the public mind, a room filled with mining rigs isn't as conspicuous a display of wealth as owning a thoroughbred with matching dwarf accessory.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you're in welly don't go to Five Boroughs at their new location. The rear end in a top hat owners used the liquidation process to move their restaurant, fire off most/all staff with 11 days notice and none of their due holiday pay.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/wellingtons-five-boroughs-downsizes-go-upmarket-quick-and-clean-exit-b-211965#new-comment-form

The NBR article doesn't really cover it, the real story comes out in the comments which former staff have left. Comments also include the owner coming in to post this:

quote:

Everyone needs to realise these loopholes are there for everyone to take advantage of, that’s what I did, get over it. To all the former employees, I’m currently looking for staff so if you want drop ya CV to the new spot.

Thanks IRD you suckers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Powerful self ownage.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
More like drop their CV off in the form of a flaming bag of human feces.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Love the NBR staffer telling people to gently caress off in the comments.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Par for the course a la Wellington.

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

bike tory posted:

If you're in welly don't go to Five Boroughs at their new location. The rear end in a top hat owners used the liquidation process to move their restaurant, fire off most/all staff with 11 days notice and none of their due holiday pay.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/wellingtons-five-boroughs-downsizes-go-upmarket-quick-and-clean-exit-b-211965#new-comment-form

The NBR article doesn't really cover it, the real story comes out in the comments which former staff have left. Comments also include the owner coming in to post this:

It's possible, but I think it's unlikely that was an actual owner. Of course that doesn't excuse the wage theft. I'm annoyed I used to eat there. Won't be going back.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

he was a 70s undercover drug cop. he doesnt have weed

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Then again, I don't think Auckland is any better.

Although the Hokkaido down Mt Wellington way was real nice.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

echinopsis posted:

ps does anyeone know where ot get weed

These two things are definitely unrelated.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

echinopsis posted:

he was a 70s undercover drug cop. he has all the weed

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spyderizer posted:

It's possible, but I think it's unlikely that was an actual owner. Of course that doesn't excuse the wage theft. I'm annoyed I used to eat there. Won't be going back.

It doesn't matter of that is the real Elie or not, the intent of what they did is in the article despite the absurd amount of spin. I seriously doubt they found a loophole to do a "Trump" as they probably committed some sort of fraud not covered under insolvency law. They are going to get a whole bunch of NGOs and government departments coming down on them from the public outcry as there is no free lunch.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Xik posted:

These two things are definitely unrelated.

Prejudice
noun
An unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

:colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It it still prejudice if it's a favorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sure, you're just prejudiced toward whatever it is.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Fun, they get you coming and going. Just like my ex.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

echinopsis posted:

I still think it's good. people take time to show their worth. sometimes their poor attitude and the evidence they will be a poor employee can't be neatly packaged into a single "reason" why someone should be let go.

If an employer cannot package the evidence into a reason, then they don't have a reason to not hire someone. Also, it doesn't have to be one and only one reason.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/newstalkzb/status/958376765440667648

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lol if its Paula b

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

quote:

His deputy, Paula Bennett, might see herself as his natural successor but her own future in her current role is by no means certain, with some in the party seeing her as his Achilles heel during the last election and are not discounting she could be replaced as soon as next week's caucus."

Lol

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

quote:

"There is a general acceptance that Bill English was robbed of the Prime Minister's job by Winston Peters but senior MPs are now jockeying for support from their colleagues to replace him."

Our media is trash for constantly parroting this stuff without qualification.

Also loving lol if it's Simon Bridges.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
A general acceptance by whom? Do I have to READ the article?

Edit: it's clear in context that the general acceptance is amoung national party MPs, but yeah it's an irresponsible quote out of context.

klen dool fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 30, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

So within context it's clear that the whole stolen election thing wasn't just pr politicking, but actually the result of most National MPs not knowing how our democracy works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Lol if its Paula b

This would be the greatest thing - apart from maybe Simon Bridges ... or
Steven Joyce ...
or Gerry Brownlee ...
or Jonathan Coleman...
or Judith Collins.

Actually... put Maggie Barry forward. Is it too late to start a "grass roots" campaign for her to be party leader?

• Locked thread