Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There is a really cool bug where if you get disconnected in squads and then reconnect you no longer have a number or name so your team kills you when they see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

easy to get around by only playing with people you're in discord with

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I am bad at this game. Like some gypsy curse “when the player count strikes 17, you will die. forever.”

I did, however, score a VSS in Pecado last night and an Aug/ghillie suit drop and holy crap are those both just the most amazeen weapons. I still died at #17

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

easy to get around by only playing with people you're in discord with

but if you don't know its happening you will just run up next to your buddy who will murder you, its funny, but it sucks also

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

There is a really cool bug where if you get disconnected in squads and then reconnect you no longer have a number or name so your team kills you when they see you.

They cant revive you either which is a hearty lol

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

but if you don't know its happening you will just run up next to your buddy who will murder you, its funny, but it sucks also

Literally just happened to my duo mate. He came back and I shot him in the rear end until he yelled in discord. That would have been the second time I'd killed him that round if he had died there. Was a little disorienting in the beginning but honestly not that bad and kind of cool once you get used to it and we ended up winning despite it. The worst part is they don't show on the minimap either.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 27, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God drat am I tired of lining up perfect shots from distances where I shouldn't have to account for any drop only to whiff completely, and then having to other turn around and fire five bullets into my head with pinpoint accuracy. I feel like I'm playing motherfucking XCOM.

On the other hand I just made almost thirty bucks selling a school jacket I'd been holding onto for a while so that was cool.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

my squad (timg4strok and iceberg-slim) and i (bearand) are the best cars-only players in the world

this is a video of us doing our thing and this is a more relaxed video

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

uniball posted:

my squad (timg4strok and iceberg-slim) and i (bearand) are the best cars-only players in the world

:holymoley:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

uniball posted:

That is awesome and your videos are great.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uniball posted:

That's great.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Gave cars-only a whack and my KD's better than with guns, this is amazing

edit: uniball, you are a leader; you inspire the best in people

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 27, 2018

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
After 200 hours of sucking at this silly game I finally looted an AWP and managed to get an headshot before dieing like a potato. Later the same day I did the same again with an m24. Feels like I'm improving at least

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

George H.W. oval office posted:

They cant revive you either which is a hearty lol

Yeah, I got to 1v2 in duos, got it to 1v1, and if I'd have been able to revive my friend 3 minutes earlier, I would have had a much better chance.

Luckily I remembered about the no name tag bug just in time before I ran into my friend, (and that my friend was carrying the very distinctive DP-28).

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

uniball posted:

Pro-click zone.

These vids are great and the editing is good.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I wanted to play tonight with a buddy but we had 2/3 games end at the hands of someone using aim hacks. :(

First one had someone shoot me three times in the head with an autofire burst while doing a holding-rmb aim at ~60m while I was running perpendicular to their aim.

Second one was a Chinese player who perfectly tracked me through a ridge and headshot me on exposure, and on downing me his reticle snapped to where my buddy was through the ridge.

A few weeks ago when I was playing we played about 10 games and only one of them had a guy tracking my head through terrain so I thought it wasn't that bad. Maybe I was just unlucky to run into two in a row, but I think I'll start playing again after ping locking or some significant ban waves happen.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

uniball posted:

OWNS

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

uniball posted:

This is the best. YOU are the best.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

uniball posted:

I'm proud of y'all

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
OK so I know PUBG is the game where this kind of thing will happen to you, but feel free to point out everything I should have done to not die here. I was convinced there was someone upstairs in the house since it was the only compound in the circle and the door was open, but I wasn't ready for the guys hiding in the grass outside. (Note the minimap, not just one guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhiexbThWM

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 28, 2018

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Commoners posted:

I wanted to play tonight with a buddy but we had 2/3 games end at the hands of someone using aim hacks. :(

First one had someone shoot me three times in the head with an autofire burst while doing a holding-rmb aim at ~60m while I was running perpendicular to their aim.

Second one was a Chinese player who perfectly tracked me through a ridge and headshot me on exposure, and on downing me his reticle snapped to where my buddy was through the ridge.

A few weeks ago when I was playing we played about 10 games and only one of them had a guy tracking my head through terrain so I thought it wasn't that bad. Maybe I was just unlucky to run into two in a row, but I think I'll start playing again after ping locking or some significant ban waves happen.

My experience says there has been an uptick in cheaters even in the last week.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

My experience says there has been an uptick in cheaters even in the last week.

Counterpoint: only seen 1 blatant cheater in the last 2 weeks.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

OK so I know PUBG is the game where this kind of thing will happen to you, but feel free to point out everything I should have done to not die here. I was convinced there was someone upstairs in the house since it was the only compound in the circle and the door was open, but I wasn't ready for the guys hiding in the grass outside. (Note the minimap, not just one guy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhiexbThWM

Few things:

Driving in the final circles is risky if you don't have to do it. Maybe you did IDK what your sitch was before the start of the vid. When you drive somewhere, everybody around knows (approximately) where you stopped. Since those houses were some of the only buildings in the circle, it was obvious where you were. You can drive, stop a bit outside the circle and run in and it makes it less obvious where you are. Depending on where the blue is you may run into other people while doing this too though. Driving isn't wrong - it can be very useful and you can use vehicles for cover in low cover final circles, but you need to account for other people's knowledge of where you are. Same goes for when you get into a fight, don't kill a guy and think "well that fight is over", kill a guy and think "well everybody around heard those gunshots now so I should be careful" because myself and people like me will generally move towards gunshots and try to take people out while they're still out of position or on low health etc.

Jumping into a building in the final circles is super risky because they're usually already occupied by the time you get there, but not always.

The main thing is, you ran outside of the house without even checking for people in front of you or trying to stay in cover. You exposed yourself to basically everywhere to the S/W/N (more than half of the circle) when there were still 17 guys left. ALWAYS be mindful of where you are exposing yourself to, unless you know for sure where people are and aren't. Even if you already know where people are, be aware of people potentially flanking around behind you etc. At that late point in the game, you should always be moving in cover unless you can't avoid it, and always be checking in different directions.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Is anyone else getting random FPS drops with the latest Nvidia driver patch? I installed it to try out the HDR overlay thing but I kept getting fps drops in firefights which got me killed a couple of times. I couldn't pin down if it was the new drivers or the overlay but has anyone else experienced problems with either?

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

OGS-Remix posted:

Is anyone else getting random FPS drops with the latest Nvidia driver patch? I installed it to try out the HDR overlay thing but I kept getting fps drops in firefights which got me killed a couple of times. I couldn't pin down if it was the new drivers or the overlay but has anyone else experienced problems with either?

It's the HDR overlay.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cyanidewolf posted:

It's the HDR overlay.

yah that overlay tanks fps and stops you ADSing smoothly

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

cyanidewolf posted:

Counterpoint: only seen 1 blatant cheater in the last 2 weeks.

Also, I play duos, EU, FPP, and I don't recall any suspicious deaths, at least not in 1.0.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Few things:

Driving in the final circles is risky if you don't have to do it. Maybe you did IDK what your sitch was before the start of the vid. When you drive somewhere, everybody around knows (approximately) where you stopped. Since those houses were some of the only buildings in the circle, it was obvious where you were. You can drive, stop a bit outside the circle and run in and it makes it less obvious where you are. Depending on where the blue is you may run into other people while doing this too though. Driving isn't wrong - it can be very useful and you can use vehicles for cover in low cover final circles, but you need to account for other people's knowledge of where you are. Same goes for when you get into a fight, don't kill a guy and think "well that fight is over", kill a guy and think "well everybody around heard those gunshots now so I should be careful" because myself and people like me will generally move towards gunshots and try to take people out while they're still out of position or on low health etc.

Jumping into a building in the final circles is super risky because they're usually already occupied by the time you get there, but not always.

The main thing is, you ran outside of the house without even checking for people in front of you or trying to stay in cover. You exposed yourself to basically everywhere to the S/W/N (more than half of the circle) when there were still 17 guys left. ALWAYS be mindful of where you are exposing yourself to, unless you know for sure where people are and aren't. Even if you already know where people are, be aware of people potentially flanking around behind you etc. At that late point in the game, you should always be moving in cover unless you can't avoid it, and always be checking in different directions.

To expand a bit. I find that driving and attacking a house like that can be fine. He parked in a good spot and got inside fast. When I do it though, I expect to clear the house from the inside, unless I'm 100% sure nobody can be around close to it. The problem especially in this instance was that the hill to the W/SW of that house is very good and therefor always very popular, especially since it was at the edge of the next circle. I would 100% assume that someone would be on the hill until I could prove otherwise.
This highlights a general tactic that is very good to keep in mind at all times and that is to always limit the amount of angles you can get shot from, ideally to only the angle you are looking at. This needs to be on your mind at all times. When moving around clear one angle at a time before exposing yourself to more. Slice the pie. Also getting in to a prolonged fight (+5-10 sec) while exposed to more than one angle can get you pinched real fast. Its OK to run from a fight or relocate if you don't like the terrain around you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I changed a couple of settings on the Nvidia overlay (hdr tuning and "shadows") and didn't get any FPS loss

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I changed a couple of settings on the Nvidia overlay (hdr tuning and "shadows") and didn't get any FPS loss

I don't think you should, you might get this however: https://gfycat.com/MammothLikelyKestrel

If you don't, enjoy lighter shadows.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Pro-Tip: If you use ear buds, make sure they aren't in backwards.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Also, I play duos, EU, FPP, and I don't recall any suspicious deaths, at least not in 1.0.

Last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQu-O88uEA&t=28s

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Pro-Tip: If you use ear buds, make sure they aren't in backwards.

yeah, putting the end with the cable in your ear is very uncomfortable

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

im guessing you reported him and guess what? still playing, still hacking like crazy

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/digits553/squad?region=agg

AVG DMG PER MATCH

K/D RATIO

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
why does my game freeze up when grenades go off near glass

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

why does my game freeze up when grenades go off near glass

is the game installed on a ssd?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I think I've had one suspicious death/player in FPP.

Maybe it's the FPP maybe it's only playing in squads.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i love that he doesn't use a gun that even gives a sniff of deniability.

BraveUlysses posted:

im guessing you reported him and guess what? still playing, still hacking like crazy

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/digits553/squad?region=agg

AVG DMG PER MATCH

K/D RATIO

why does bluehole not have an autoban thing. it's impossible to have 65 kda from a single match let alone over the course of a bunch of games.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 28, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Manky posted:

is the game installed on a ssd?

That's generally not the problem, the game just fuckin' implodes because the sound of glass breaking over half a dozen windows overloads the sound engine.

https://plays.tv/video/59c611caafef8d9172/dat-georgipol-push

Old video but a good example around 45 seconds in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It's pretty realistic in that if you've ever been in a room with a window suddenly exploding, I swear the entire world comes to a cacophonous standstill for atleast a few seconds after