Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I want Hillary to get deported to Honduras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

white sauce posted:

I want Hillary to get deported to Honduras

Argh, I'm sick of these over the top hillary haters. Just put her in a good old American supermax.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol

Nobody actually likes any of these politicians, they're just the ones that Joy Reid and people like her are trying to convince everyone people like

Kamala Harris in particular is an astroturfed marketing campaign not really any different from Oprahmania. About 10% of the country even knows who she is but the media decided to crown her frontrunner one day

e: Can someone with a Twitter account tell me what the results are

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't wait for Kamala to rev up the war in drugs and also shoot some missiles at Muslim children

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

activist bitches get activist...stitches?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

loquacius posted:

Lol

Nobody actually likes any of these politicians, they're just the ones that Joy Reid and people like her are trying to convince everyone people like

Kamala Harris in particular is an astroturfed marketing campaign not really any different from Oprahmania. About 10% of the country even knows who she is but the media decided to crown her frontrunner one day

kamala harris in front with 40% of the vote

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

so basically the only way out for the people of honduras, is if they literally kill the entire political leadership. openly rigging elections means the democracy is dead and will not come back, no matter how many silly street protests you do, with signs or chants or whatever.

Frankly, I've seen stuff from twitter by people in Honduras suggesting that some are already calling for civil war. I wonder if the place doesn't start looking like Syria in five years.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Jan 28, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I refuse to a believe that 1/4 of poll respondents know enough about Joe Kennedy to want him for president.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they probably think hes one of the handsome kennedys and not a chewed up wad of bubble gum with conan obriens pubes on it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
AM Joy

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

quote:

On one evening in early 2015, Strider and the employee shared an Uber home after a networking dinner in Washington, asking the driver to make two stops, dropping the woman off first. When the Uber pulled up outside her apartment, Strider got out of the car and kissed her on the tip of her nose, she said.

ugh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

She got flown out to Martha's Vineyard to meet with Hillary's private donor circle.

She's absolutely going to be the establishment pick, the 2020 Dem's version of Jeb!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

Lol

policy positions don't matter. candidates are marketed like brands of toothpaste

chomsky said one time he listened to a 15 minute segment by npr talking about obama when he was a senator and giving him glowing accolades

not a single time in the entire segment did they talk about any policies he was for or against

chomsky said he got so angry he didn't notice he was driving 60 in a 30 zone and got pulled over by a cop lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLaP_-KXPDY

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

when i say policy positions don't matter, i mean they don't matter from the perspective of the democrats or republicans advertising their candidates and building political support with the electorate

policy positions do matter when you offer voters a meaningful choice. see: bernie sanders

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/957633355834712065

thanks obama

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I love to hear that there is a modern remix to Chomsky's classic NYT teeth grinding mystery.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

we gotta lead with our values of doing absolutely nothing and hoping our enemies find it in their hearts to do everything we want

but if not thats okay too, guys

:decorum:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Was this posted yet?

Local Democrats warn DNC: Cash crunch threatens November gains

TOM PEREZ IS A GIANT OF FUNDRAISING!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks Obama, for ensuring 4 more years of trump...your legacy as America’s genius leaderman must be safeguarded at all costs

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

harris needs to be crushed as soon as possible because otherwise the dems are gonna idpol the gently caress out of the primary and lose the election again

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Gonna be fun to piss on Obamas grave

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
He's like half my age :smug: I think I can live that long

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

harris needs to be crushed as soon as possible because otherwise the dems are gonna idpol the gently caress out of the primary and lose the election again

Also she's a career prosecutor so she spent her adult life overcharging poor people for weed.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

what's Kamala about again? She's for Medicare 4 All, but she also let Munichin off the hook and she wanted to jail parents for their children's truancy. Also she's neoliberal scum, but that only convinces people that already agree with me, what can I tell other people why she's a bad candidate.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the mnuchin poo poo should be a big deal wrt her chances

whether it will be or not, well, lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have the Democrats ever explained why they didn't pass the DREAM Act during the two years they had complete control of the government?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiberius Christ posted:

what's Kamala about again? She's for Medicare 4 All, but she also let Munichin off the hook and she wanted to jail parents for their children's truancy. Also she's neoliberal scum, but that only convinces people that already agree with me, what can I tell other people why she's a bad candidate.

When the Supreme Court said that California prisons were so overcrowded that it constituted cruel and unusual punishment so they had to let some people go, one of the arguments Harris made against that was that prisoners were a valuable labor source for the state

She's literally pro-slavery.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

When the Supreme Court said that California prisons were so overcrowded that it constituted cruel and unusual punishment so they had to let some people go, one of the arguments Harris made against that was that prisoners were a valuable labor source for the state

That's hosed up, at least Stalin called his Gulags work camps, we call our forced labor camps "prisons."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Have the Democrats ever explained why they didn't pass the DREAM Act during the two years they had complete control of the government?

Like everything that they could have passed at the time, the bottom line is that they did not want to

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Aurubin posted:

Was this posted yet?

lol:

State party chairs and executive directors expressed frustration with the party’s biggest donors, who remain wary of contributing to state parties that have been decimated in recent years and instead view individual candidates and emerging groups as more attractive short-term investments.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tiberius Christ posted:

career prosecutor means she's poo poo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/senate-bill/729/cosponsors?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22DREAM+Act%22%5D%7D&r=6

Only 40 out of 59 or so senators co-sponsored it in 2009

2010:

Politico posted:

The DREAM Act would have passed if Democrats had shown unity on the measure.

But five Democrats voted against the legislation: Kay Hagan of North Carolina, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and both Montana Democrats, Jon Tester and Max Baucus. West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin announced his opposition to the DREAM Act Saturday in a statement Saturday but missed the vote.

John Tester is still in office. Most recently, he was the only Democrat from a state which voted against Trump to end the shutdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act

tl;dr bad Dems in the Senate

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

paula swearengin save us from this poo poo head

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/957655870258769920

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was lawyers working for her office who argued that, and she denounced them: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adamserwer/some-lawyers-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn?utm_term=.wtol6dalN#.xyOak8waY

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i hope a coal mine collapses on top of manchin

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

No you see it was impossible for the democrats to do anything because they only had 2 hours of a super majority and those mean old Republicans and whatever rotating Blue Dog of the week that the party had no way to control kept ruining everything - People who think Obama was a good president

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

i know it's hard to remember in the eon of trump, but people in charge of an office are actually responsible for the official actions of their superiors.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Aurubin posted:

Was this posted yet?

This is racist because Tom Perez did that DOJ thing or something I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Okay but what did she actually do instead of just saying she was shocked to hear about it

• Locked thread