Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao the maus wishes it bounced as much as the kv-220 does, got the mission on its first spin out

You're welcome! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

The most fun I ever had in this game was sync dropping two platoons with five KV-220s between them into a tier 5 game.

The KV-1100 was a thing of true beauty.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there a good heavy tank for the bounce twice your HP mission? i got close in the maus but that was entirely thanks to two tier 8 mediums i couldn't see bouncing rounds off me for a solid two minutes
I did this in the Black Prince.

Yeah okay I admit that this was a long, LONG time ago (before Jap superheavies), and the enemy team was 'special', to say the least. Just laughed off some idiot in a Tiger II as he lobbed shots at my steeply-angled side (while his IS-3 platoon buddy missed everything).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Watching someone play the Even 90 right now and it's a little lawnmower with a nerfgun on it. It's hilarious.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I did this in the Black Prince.

Yeah okay I admit that this was a long, LONG time ago (before Jap superheavies), and the enemy team was 'special', to say the least. Just laughed off some idiot in a Tiger II as he lobbed shots at my steeply-angled side (while his IS-3 platoon buddy missed everything).

Yeah the Heavy bounce mission, like many of the missions relies on a certain set of circumstances to do it. I did mine in the IS-6 of all tanks just by being hull down and having retards constantly shoot at me. I'm sure you could do it in an Emil/Kranvagn for the same reason.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

MariusLecter posted:

Watching someone play the Even 90 right now and it's a little lawnmower with a nerfgun on it. It's hilarious.

I've seen a few, and murdered one with a WZ 131 when it couldn't land a shot on me from 20- 30m while moving and it took me like 10 shots to kill it because the things so small and hard to hit when flying around. Most I've seen were played really bad, like rushing to the Designated Heavy Tank Brawling Area on [map] and getting killed in 2 shots or otherwise just racing around like a annoying but harmless fly til someone finally tracks it, and one played by someone with a clue that never got spotted but kept us spotted the entire match which won it for them. Not sure I'd want one just to sit in a bush.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fat Jesus posted:

I've seen a few, and murdered one with a WZ 131 when it couldn't land a shot on me from 20- 30m while moving and it took me like 10 shots to kill it because the things so small and hard to hit when flying around. Most I've seen were played really bad, like rushing to the Designated Heavy Tank Brawling Area on [map] and getting killed in 2 shots or otherwise just racing around like a annoying but harmless fly til someone finally tracks it, and one played by someone with a clue that never got spotted but kept us spotted the entire match which won it for them. Not sure I'd want one just to sit in a bush.

Both the new tier 8 prem scouts they've released have been very difficult to play and a noob trap. Its quite interesting why they went down this route.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MariusLecter posted:

If you have camo and a crew with full camo, the enemy has to be within around 70m of your tank to see you if you're in a bush. It's ridiculous. Even moving the little bastard is hard to keep visible for long.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

RanKizama posted:

If you have camo and a crew with full camo, the enemy has to be within around 70m of your tank to see you if you're in a bush. It's ridiculous. Even moving the little bastard is hard to keep visible for long.

Doesn't it have a crew of 3?

Heck, put a bunch of girls with SoS in there, plus full camo, plus vents, plus food, plus camo net, and then force draws like a motherfucker by just hiding in any of the loving bushes of a map, because pretty much the entirety of them is large enough to cover your tank from all directions.

Force a new "meta" (gently caress the way that esports uses that word) where people load into a match, see an Even 90, and go "gently caress, we're on the clock"

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well I'm continuing my streak of poor life decisions by playing this game again. Shoot an invite for PANSY over to ColorMeTank when you get a chance.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Stop making me want to buy that little bitch-made tank you shitters

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

You could buy the defender. Then you can learn while it is OP when in a T8 game, as soon as the high pen high alpha T9 guns show up, it is utter trash. Gun handling and mobility become much more important.

I've been playing WoWs lately. It is nice that T8s while being underpowered compared to T10s, don't suffer nearly as bad as tanks. I come back to tanks and every T8 match has me facing off against T10s. If my T10s are good, congrats, I win doing no damage because they just steam roll the enemy. If my T10s are bad, congrats, I get no damage because I got to shoot at the front of some T10s that steam rolled my pubbies. Occasionally, they will whipe each other out and then I might have a good game.

In fact, I really do enjoy the single tier games. Seeing my WN8 shoot to 3500+ in same tier games makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It's funny that playing my T10s or T9s will have the same effect unless I come across a unicum platoon.

HFX fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 29, 2018

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Well I'm continuing my streak of poor life decisions by playing this game again. Shoot an invite for PANSY over to ColorMeTank when you get a chance.

Sent.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Hey, what's your IGN? I see you in the MLB threads all the time but I didn't know you played WoT.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HFX posted:

In fact, I really do enjoy the single tier games. Seeing my WN8 shoot to 3500+ in same tier games makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It's funny that playing my T10s or T9s will have the same effect unless I come across a unicum platoon.

I think everyone does. Why MM doesn't heavily prioritize same tier matches is beyond me

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Barry posted:

I think everyone does. Why MM doesn't heavily prioritize same tier matches is beyond me

Presumably it's because Wargaming makes more money when 3-5-7 matches are the priority. It blows my mind that they actually admitted in an article on their website that the matchmaker struggles to make 3-5-7 matches and that the matchmaker finds it much easier to make same-tier matches and that Wargaming specifically had to program a limiter to decrease the same-tier matches and increase the 3-5-7 matches.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Presumably it's because Wargaming makes more money when 3-5-7 matches are the priority. It blows my mind that they actually admitted in an article on their website that the matchmaker struggles to make 3-5-7 matches and that the matchmaker finds it much easier to make same-tier matches and that Wargaming specifically had to program a limiter to decrease the same-tier matches and increase the 3-5-7 matches.

But doesn't that also defeat the chance of their 30 v 30 t10 mode?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is there a good heavy tank for the bounce twice your HP mission? i got close in the maus but that was entirely thanks to two tier 8 mediums i couldn't see bouncing rounds off me for a solid two minutes

I've used my 112 for all these missions so far, but I am not sure if it'll cut it for HT4-12.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

HFX posted:

You could buy the defender. Then you can learn while it is OP when in a T8 game, as soon as the high pen high alpha T9 guns show up, it is utter trash. Gun handling and mobility become much more important.

While the latter is absolutely true, I wouldn't exactly go as far as calling it "utter trash"

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

While the latter is absolutely true, I wouldn't exactly go as far as calling it "utter trash"

I just find it way overrated compared to other options. In a higher tier game, I almost always feel more comfortable in any of the following tanks: STG, T-34-3 (after the buffs), CDA, Strv, T-54 mod 1 (after last round of buffs), T-44-100 WZ-120-1G FT, T26E5 (Patriot), Lorraine, Black Dog, and Chrysler K.

You'll notice a some common themes with these: Good to great mobility (All of them). Good to great alpha levels (Most of them). High pen guns (Having a good gold round can make up for a poor normal round).

Several have great camo which allows me to maneuver to exploit positions. Some have armor or good sloping, but don't sacrifice everything for that armor.

Now, when I do get a T8 game, short of gold rounds or some other crazy stuff, the Defender can pretty much walk all over the other T8s including many that I listed above. I guess I could call it has two faces. The mostly T8 games it is death incarnate. In T9 or T10, what it gave up for the alpha and armor becomes much more of a weakness.

HFX fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 29, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HFX posted:

T-34-3 (after the buffs)

The T-34-3 was always good and enjoyable :crossarms:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Why couldn't they give me a guy with comparable stats to the rest of my crew on this stupid Badger? At the very least they could have given him Brothers in Arms. I didn't realize there was a new guy and re-trained up the rest of the crew with BiA (since they all have 3 skills) and now they all have a wasted skill. Thank you Wargaming.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I can't describe how much I hate low level gameplay.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

And mid level gameplay. And high level gameplay.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Being an arty scumbag is kind of one of the last enjoyable things left :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

But doesn't that also defeat the chance of their 30 v 30 t10 mode?

Dude I haven't played since like October, last I knew NA players effectively couldn't play Grand Battles because there was a hardcoded minimum server population of like 20k to enable them that NA didn't hit outside of a couple hours a night.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They reduced the number needed to launch the map to like 24 per side, so grands launch all the time now

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Hellsau posted:

last I knew NA players effectively couldn't play Grand Battles because there was a hardcoded minimum server population of like 20k to enable them that NA didn't hit outside of a couple hours a night.

It's changed. I've had Grand Battles with as few as I believe around 12k on NA. I was able to get GBs in a row or every other game, but then wg turned down the rate again because any time they do something good they have to screw it up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Strike Anywhere posted:

It's changed. I've had Grand Battles with as few as I believe around 12k on NA. I was able to get GBs in a row or every other game, but then wg turned down the rate again because any time they do something good they have to screw it up.

"At this rate, people will earn a piece of bond equipment in 6 months"
"Unacceptable, turn it down"

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Strike Anywhere posted:

I regularly get GBs and being a filthy European I only play off hours with the low population. Around server reset the games get really weird.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Hey, what's your IGN? I see you in the MLB threads all the time but I didn't know you played WoT.

THE_RED_MENACE

I pretty much only play arty now since global chat was removed and it's my only way of making pubbies feel bad.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Gorman Thomas posted:

THE_RED_MENACE

I pretty much only play arty now since global chat was removed and it's my only way of making pubbies feel bad.
Pubbies have no feelings.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

R. Mute posted:

And mid level gameplay. And high level gameplay.

I've started going up some medium tank lines and tier 5-6-7 are some of the most dogshit games ever. So many 15-0's because all it takes is 3 good players who have a proper crew and equipment and they can roll entire teams.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

They're the ones that are making money hand over fist and they probably have an army of actuaries telling them what to do, but to me it seems like having enjoyable games will make your playerbase a lot happier and willing to spend money/play more than shortsighted poo poo like "make them shoot a ton of premium because they have to since you're always bottom tier in T8".

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Gorman Thomas posted:

THE_RED_MENACE

Man ever since global chat was removed I lost what enjoyment I did get out of artillery.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm trying to grind out another 2m tankbux to buy my recently unlocked T57 so I'm refusing to shoot gold out of my tier 8 prems and lol every match is tier X and I average like 600 damage with the patriot, m4 rev and T-54 mod 1 but still make 25- 40 k if my oafs win. Also getting called pussy for not going up front to fight maus / e100 / type 5's in the patriot is best.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit2:
Okay, the actual skill4ltu is pretty funny. He's answering questions for best pancake toppings from twitch chat while solo-plowing across the western flank on Erlenberg in a Lorraine 40t and whistling some russian tunes and saying "GUYZ I'M SORRY, THIS TANK IS MAKING SMILE ON MY FACE" in the most :3: eastern accent.

/edit3: "CykaPershing" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOgsNeSI_GY

Just to go back in time 10 pages, this match in particular is actually one of the ones he posted on his youtube. 393k profit :homebrew:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Barry posted:

They're the ones that are making money hand over fist and they probably have an army of actuaries telling them what to do, but to me it seems like having enjoyable games will make your playerbase a lot happier and willing to spend money/play more than shortsighted poo poo like "make them shoot a ton of premium because they have to since you're always bottom tier in T8".

If you got same tier mm more they'd sell a poo poo ton more tier 8 prems tbf.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I've started going up some medium tank lines and tier 5-6-7 are some of the most dogshit games ever. So many 15-0's because all it takes is 3 good players who have a proper crew and equipment and they can roll entire teams.

What you mean the top tiers having 3.5x the hp of some enemy tanks isn't great?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

same op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

wow we mostly accused Rommel of being a gay furry (the Desert Fox) but this guy went full on pedophile Rommel