Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's hosed up how actually good watch dogs 2 was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's not canon except for nabbit who is very cute and he deserves a win

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's an "ending to the Incredibles"-type scenario here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I love how much this looks like the gif of that one horse racing game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have done three episodes of the Tell Tale Batman game and I am absolutely invested in it!

I have not played played a tell tale game before, but thanks to PS Plus I have tales of borderlands and a walking dead one, so I am going to play them next! :D

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

hmmm let me check. says here, it's "in your freaking dreams". he's the fastest thing alive

Oh yeah? How come Sonic can never catch him in the genesis games then?

Checkmate.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

VideoGames posted:

I have done three episodes of the Tell Tale Batman game and I am absolutely invested in it!

I have not played played a tell tale game before, but thanks to PS Plus I have tales of borderlands and a walking dead one, so I am going to play them next! :D

Play Borderlands last, it's the best one and it'll be a change of pace from TWD grueling world.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well I'm downloading Celeste IT BETTER BE GOOD GOONS, OR ELSE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

play borderlands next, and also last

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
its hosed up how actually good the borderlands one was

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Oh yeah? How come Sonic can never catch him in the genesis games then?

Checkmate.

Sonic may be physically fast but Robotnik outwits him intellectually every time

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sonic may be physically fast but Robotnik outwits him intellectually every time

This is why Sonic needs a gun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s pretty troubling that they made the black hedgehog have a gun and be terrible

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macaluso posted:

I love how much this looks like the gif of that one horse racing game

sadly i don't think that's a game per se, it's a horse betting sim :(

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
play the walking dead season 1 and never play any of the seasons after that because they're all insanely awful

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yo the movement in Celeste feels fantastic, thanks friends

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://i.imgur.com/Op4dF3C.mp4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish Sonic were my dad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I wish Sonic were my dad

He seems like he'd be a deadbeat.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Yo the movement in Celeste feels fantastic, thanks friends

HAH gotcha, tricked you into playing the good game :smuggo:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

sadly i don't think that's a game per se, it's a horse betting sim :(

Maybe they're talking about Pocket Card Jockey

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Looper posted:

HAH gotcha, tricked you into playing the good game :smuggo:

Don't worry, plenty of people tricked me into playing the bad game too (breath of the wild) :smug:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7n3sF7sX0

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I started Celeste and it seems cool

I died 83 times in the first level :v:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

I started Celeste and it seems cool

I died 83 times in the first level :v:

you have barely begun to die

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ometeotl posted:

What the hell does Twee mean?

there is a whole lot of good (and a whole lot of bad) music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLTUkDVlPo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Twee can basically be described as the entire discography of Belle & Sebastian, combining miserablist ironic detachment with bright catchy melodies.

e: It's great.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Eh idk I think I'd sooner describe some saccharine poo poo like owl city as twee

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Okay but owl city isn't twee, it's just regular old pop.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i set up family sharing with my brother so now i get to see if nier will run on my pc

if it doesn't i guess i'll just buy celeste and try to see if i can earn some money for when cold steel ii releases next month

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

reviews in less than tens words:

subnautica is real good but runs like real rear end

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I heard a lot about Aiden Pierce's sidemission in Watch_Dogs 2 feeling off, and I agree, but no one ever talked about the reward you get for completing it

Aiden Pierce's Iconic Cap :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

theres a will theres moe posted:

Eh idk I think I'd sooner describe some saccharine poo poo like owl city as twee

i mean not that it matters but the designator "twee" really does refer to some extremely specific bands and their style. like Tea said, it didn't start with but was definitely epitomized by Belle and Sebastian, who wrote cheeky risque/depressing lyrics over bouncy tunes. The whole movement can be summed up by their excellent "This is Just a Modern Rock Song":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT0grH_H-_M

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

precision posted:

i mean not that it matters but the designator "twee" really does refer to some extremely specific bands and their style. like Tea said, it didn't start with but was definitely epitomized by Belle and Sebastian, who wrote cheeky risque/depressing lyrics over bouncy tunes. The whole movement can be summed up by their excellent "This is Just a Modern Rock Song":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT0grH_H-_M

Yeah I did a little research and acknowledge my error. I feel like there must be something more to that definition though or you could call Elliot Smith and Beck twee. I guess thinking of the classification as a derogatory term biases me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve played a tiny bit of Nier Automata this weekend, I’m glad it isn’t as self-serious as I imagined it’d be. In fact it’s almost goofy (the short bit with the Self Destruct menu option is one of my favourite gaming things in recent memory, I hope there’s more like it)

I do wish 2B didn’t feel the need make “!”, “?” or “...” noises though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve played a tiny bit of Nier Automata this weekend, I’m glad it isn’t as self-serious as I imagined it’d be. In fact it’s almost goofy (the short bit with the Self Destruct menu option is one of my favourite gaming things in recent memory, I hope there’s more like it)

Hai.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For the first handful of screens, I totally thought I could handle the first b side level in Celeste but NOPE not happening anytime soon or possibly ever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

theres a will theres moe posted:

Yeah I did a little research and acknowledge my error. I feel like there must be something more to that definition though or you could call Elliot Smith and Beck twee. I guess thinking of the classification as a derogatory term biases me.

Elliott Smith's solo stuff is definitely twee, at least songs like "Miss Misery".

The Patient Zero for twee music was Nick Drake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vzkB8fScIY

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

hosed up to want 2B to be more like a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Night in the Woods seems pretty long for that type of game but I'm probably making it worse by having to go around and talk to literally everyone in town every day.
Also gently caress that game on Mae's laptop

• Locked thread