Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope that too, and also that all exotics get a proper utility pass within the year.

"shoots mans kinda gooder" is pretty loving shite imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Divine Styler posted:

I joined the discord and was going to try and join one of the clans, but I think I’m this guy. :(

Join anyway. Play, enjoy :)

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

It's probably your style

There's pvp if you want it to be pvp

You can steal chests from other boats and redeem them yourself

You can sneak onto somebody else's boat and steal it or place a powder keg on it and cause a leak which can sink them if they don't repair it.

They call it a beta but it's more of a demo but the cool thing is that you can pre-order and get the beta and cancel the pre-order immediately after you're done this Tuesday.

The gun feel is bad but it's kind of relaxing just setting out to sea to get some booty. Bernie and I have been having a blast.

Just make sure to matchmake with a crew using comms because the big ship needs a lot of coordination: one guy steering, one guy messing with the sails, one dude checking the map for navigation, and another to play music or shoot cannons.

We had some dude on our team try to take the boat out to sea while we were turning in chests so we all voted him into gay baby jail and we got really drunk and puked into his face for a while

Tonight I was in a 4 man crew (one cool pubby with no mic) and we had like 6 chests in the hold and another ship started chasing us. So I steered us directly through a storm and we trimmed the sails just right so we were loving flying and we lost them, we all like to think they sank :)

A few days ago I swam aboard an enemy ship and dropped their anchor so my ship could pound the poo poo out them. This game is super fun.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

a perfectly healthy metagame right here folks

they ate poo poo anyway though

edit:

i went harder on the next group of hunters

the upside to all these no-AA/no-radar assholes i'm running up against while solo-dropping is that they're making me better. silver linings, etc.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 29, 2018

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
remember people bitching about how awful nightstalkers in d2 were because of the tiny half-second grace period to gtfo before their tether activated?

lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

remember people bitching about how awful nightstalkers in d2 were because of the tiny half-second grace period to gtfo before their tether activated?

lol

Idgi.

Tether could be better, for sure. That Nightstalkers have a lot of upside literally means nothing but other classes should be brought up to match those strengths. None of that speaks to ways Hunters aren't great, because super that can't kill anyone and leaves you hanging in the air like a nutsack is lol. Enemies literally have to walk into that poo poo for it to get them.

I mean, I don't think anyone is crying that they suck but the super can be a huge bummer, for sure. Tho I did lmao good at my tether floating into the sky on Vostok the other day like it were an orb on Drifter.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't really think the supers should feel fair or balanced. Like in D1 if I got hit by a super or heavy, I just shrugged because they're occasionals that are supposed to feel superpowered.

If supers piss you off or you just want guns, play some other game. Or Destiny 2.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't really think the supers should feel fair or balanced. Like in D1 if I got hit by a super or heavy, I just shrugged because they're occasionals that are supposed to feel superpowered.

If supers piss you off or you just want guns, play some other game. Or Destiny 2.

yeah Supers are deliberately disruptive, that's their whole deal

they're balanced by the fact that everyone gets a shot at loving poo poo up

that's the whole power fantasy, and you'd have to be some kind of loving dipshit to ruin that with needlessly long cooldowns that only get marginally cut with kills, because that would not just ruin the power fantasy, but it would turn PvP matches into complete slogs that leave players begging for them to be done

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I've been enjoying arcstrider with Raiden Flux in PVP just to change things up

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've been enjoying arcstrider with Raiden Flux in PVP just to change things up

Are you finding you're getting substantially more kills?

I've wondered about Shinobu with 3x grenade mods. Skip feel less... bouncy in D2 than D1 but I have been hit by a Shinobu one in pvp and and it banged.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cvnvcnv posted:

Are you finding you're getting substantially more kills?

I've wondered about Shinobu with 3x grenade mods. Skip feel less... bouncy in D2 than D1 but I have been hit by a Shinobu one in pvp and and it banged.

It's most effective in control or Supremacy where you just surprise a group and take them out. Having Raiden makes it feel like your super lasts forever.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

texaholic posted:

How much money did you make?

So I got 30 for doing one for this guy, but if I do them regularly with them then it’s 35. Not a bad little bit of spending cash to do something I was going to do anyway. Although the one really lovely thing is trying to pick useful gear out of peoples’ armories, the guy I did only had a hunter and seemingly deleted every piece of gear he had ever gotten.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

So I got 30 for doing one for this guy, but if I do them regularly with them then it’s 35. Not a bad little bit of spending cash to do something I was going to do anyway. Although the one really lovely thing is trying to pick useful gear out of peoples’ armories, the guy I did only had a hunter and seemingly deleted every piece of gear he had ever gotten.

If you do this, please tell us about how people keep their Guardians. I'd be interested to know the details of characters in which people pay money to let other people take over their accounts.

Also, good on you for finding a hobby that can pay :)

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

the good fax machine posted:

always keep in mind you can run that Sondok mission if they don't have a suitable primary. did that on a buddy's account last week while getting him a Better Devils in quickplay.

e: charge a "service fee" if you have to do that, too, lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Divine Styler posted:

I joined the discord and was going to try and join one of the clans, but I think I’m this guy. :(

You should def still play; we’re all kinds of guys and gals here.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 29, 2018

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hey guys. Monster Hunter fuckin owns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Hey guys. Monster Hunter fuckin owns.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Like for real me and two of my buddys got in a fight with a giant trex and then half a second later had to run for our lives when a giant loving dragon body slammed the trex and started wrecking everyones poo poo. Its amaaazing.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Monster Hunter is indeed great but I can’t shoot dudes with magic powers in it so

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Legs Benedict posted:

Monster Hunter is indeed great but I can’t shoot dudes with magic powers in it so

You can't do that in D2 either

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol you got served

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CheeseFactory posted:

I mean you can just very infrequently

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

moist turtleneck posted:

lol you got served

Lol goddamn

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You can totally shoot magic dudes in Monster Hunter, just get that huge bow gun and shoot a big dragon thing. Dragons can be dudes and they're all magic.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Policenaut posted:

You can totally shoot magic dudes in Monster Hunter, just get that huge bow gun and shoot a big dragon thing. Dragons can be dudes and they're all magic.

It’s not the same and you know it :colbert:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That feels like a thread title to me. What's the just for the current title anyways?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

People were talking about eating rear end.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

That feels like a thread title to me. What's the just for the current title anyways?

at the risk of being a self-promoting rear end in a top hat, there's also:

Mikey-San posted:

faction rally: the infinite bore fest

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

People were talking about eating rear end.

maybe this should be the thread title

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

TBH, this page itself is pretty good for thread titles. There isn't much going on but we aren't going anywhere.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Destiny 2 Console Thread: Hey guys. Monster Hunter fuckin owns.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
turn the thread name to whatever
i dont care
nothing matters

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Monster Hunter World looks boring and lame

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

What the gently caress is a Monster Hunter? You catching yourselves some Pikachus, guys?

no im killing a sugar glider that tries to shock me to death

gently caress

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Monster Hunter World looks boring and lame

monster hunter is very bad you just fight the same monsters over and over again and grind for gear ........

:thunk:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

deadwing posted:

monster hunter is very bad you just fight the same monsters over and over again and grind for gear ........

But can you shoulder charge them every 90 seconds?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

deadwing posted:

Sounds like it would be up my alley, then, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted: