Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Also gently caress that game on Mae's laptop
It's real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Night in the Woods seems pretty long for that type of game but I'm probably making it worse by having to go around and talk to literally everyone in town every day.
Also gently caress that game on Mae's laptop

please do not disparage my good friend sharkle

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember if you get anything from the game other than a trophy (well two trophies).

I got lucky with the second trophy because I accidentally killed the last guy that you need to find to get the true ending and he's the only one you can accidentally kill and still get the true ending

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Night in the Woods seems pretty long for that type of game but I'm probably making it worse by having to go around and talk to literally everyone in town every day.

That's how you're supposed to play it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, super late to the party and haven’t played one since 2, but Uncharted: A Thief’s End is really fuckin’ something. I just got to the auction and it’s amazing how good it looks and how real it’s written. Drake feels so much like a real person it’s insane.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Man, super late to the party and haven’t played one since 2, but Uncharted: A Thief’s End is really fuckin’ something. I just got to the auction and it’s amazing how good it looks and how real it’s written. Drake feels so much like a real person it’s insane.

Hop on Lost Legacy when you’re done. Nadine and Chloe are a great duo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah as good as UC4 is, in many ways Lost Legacy is somewhat stronger in the gameplay department. pity it's "only" 6-10 hours.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Just finished FF9 for the first time, despite buying the game on release day way back when.

I like it more than I used to but I'm still not a big fan.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More like... FF Nein

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been playing the PS4 version of FF9 in short bursts and the massively decreased load time for battles (especially with Cinematic Intro turned off) makes it really, really good. The original took 15 cock-knocking seconds between a random battle triggering and the ATB menu even appearing, plus there was a post-battle load time especially on the world map.

With the PS4 version cutting it down to like 3 seconds it now won't make you want to kill yourself if you're going for learning all the skills before you upgrade equipment.

Also and this may just be me getting lucky but it seems like the Steal chance is way higher in this version, even before you get Bandit.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why did Nintendo never make Pokemon Snap 2

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Why did Nintendo never make Pokemon Snap 2

Because the original didn't sell very well and it's mainly liked by people like us.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i predict monster hunter world will end marriages

mostly from fighting over who gets to play it :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

i predict monster hunter world will end marriages

mostly from fighting over who gets to play it :v:

Coop? Smh if you don't have two tvs and ps4s for it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I posted a few weeks ago about playing Witch's House during a weekly get together with friends, and we've ended up keeping a RPGMaker horror game a tradition since then. Last week I played Mad Father which was bad, don't play it. This week I played Ib which was really good. Our group was pretty split about whether Garry or Mary is better and the obvious answer is Mary and I will die on this hill

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Coop? Smh if you don't have two tvs and ps4s

legit tempted to get a second ps4, we already have two big TVs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Because the original didn't sell very well and it's mainly liked by people like us.

I will forever hold on to the hope that a Pokemon Snap 2 will happen one day and "where is Pokemon Snap 2" will be engraved on my tombstone

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I will forever hold on to the hope that a Pokemon Snap 2 will happen one day and "where is Pokemon Snap 2" will be engraved on my tombstone

Pokemon Go is Pokemon Snap 2. I'm sorry to be the one who has to tell you this.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Pokémon Go is Pokémon Snap 2 except everybody turned off the AR feature.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
pokemon go gently caress yourself!!!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

chumbler posted:

Pokemon Go is Pokemon Snap 2. I'm sorry to be the one who has to tell you this.

More like Pokemon Go into the trash can!!!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wall run like Prince of Persia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Macaluso posted:

Wall run like Prince of Persia

buddy you can't turn around in RELICS without manually shifting your body around

anyway the last thing i've figured out how to do in this game is lift spikes so i can enter a lower room and meet this guy. guess i'll figure out what to do from here in another six months

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 29, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Monster Hunter 4 is hard but I finally finished a quest killing crab things. It’s like the first one you get.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pokemon Go to the polls

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I lost my voice overnight and now I sound like Harvey Fierstein. I hope it stays this way forever.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I thought it sold really well

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

an actual dog posted:

you have barely begun to die

336 times on the third stage :v: +though I'm not sure if that included the pico game)

...my thumb hurts

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
haha nice nier automata froze literally minutes before i finished the prologue

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

336 times on the third stage :v: +though I'm not sure if that included the pico game)

...my thumb hurts

I'm fairly certain it does not include the pico8 version :shepface:

this game is good!!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Aaaaaaaa

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...cr_twitter_news

Some of this jojo merch looks cool as hell. If I was pretty and if I was wealthy in excess to the point where I could drop 200 bucks on a shirt then I'd totally consider it. As it is, lmao at the idea of a $200 shirt, idgaf how good it looks, unless I'm a multimillionaire that kinda price is just fuckin ridiculous.

It's super expensive and super lovely quality. I went to a jojos popup in tower records in tokyo which was cool as hell but everything was super, super expensive and felt like chinese fake brand quality.

i think even taking a picture in the photo booth was like 500 yen (but you got a lil jojo in the corner)

Edit: But I cannot understate how cool it was to be like "hm I should check out tower records" and suddently for some reason there is jojo theme songs blaring on repeat and the top floor became a jojos shrine

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 29, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Colonel posted:

spelunky is good because the random generation is fun, instead of being bad because the random generation is dull *stares at 20xx and galak-z*

I was insanely into 20xx when I first got it and yeah I think I reached the conclusion that I would have rather had real levels

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

and felt like chinese fake brand quality.

That's a shame, though I guess I should have expected that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was insanely into 20xx when I first got it and yeah I think I reached the conclusion that I would have rather had real levels

they got the feel of mega man zero down perfectly, it's just, uh, it turns out making mega man into a roguelike isn't remotely interesting for replayability

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot stop chuckling at my new avatar. Thanks to Jose he showed me a wonderful twitter called out of Context Kirby pictures and it is a goldmine for future avatars! :D

Last night I got home and decided to spend a few hours prettying up my minecraft mine shaft so it has paintings and polished diorite walls!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So from what I'm hearing Monster Hunter World is cool and good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I cannot stop chuckling at my new avatar. Thanks to Jose he showed me a wonderful twitter called out of Context Kirby pictures and it is a goldmine for future avatars! :D

Last night I got home and decided to spend a few hours prettying up my minecraft mine shaft so it has paintings and polished diorite walls!

What is that avatar anyway, is it just a weird Kirby plush or is it some kinda Kirby squishy toy that has been mashed or what?

Also, have you ever posted pics of your minecraft stuff? Also also, do you use any mods?

• Locked thread