Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat aria of sorrow on hard and i just picked this up on steam. gonna play through the SP since its pretty much a tutorial and ill fight some imps later (hopefully)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing all weekend and would be down for matches whenever

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Android 16 has too many good buttons.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im trying to get through the story for 21 but im afraid im gonna die of old age before im done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you buy the season pass you get the 3 unlocksble characters immediately. I've never touched story mode

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im trying to get through the story for 21 but im afraid im gonna die of old age before im done

i just skipped trhu all the cutscenes and it still took 3 hours and when i was finished....i started playing monster hunter and tekken instead :twisted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

If you buy the season pass you get the 3 unlocksble characters immediately. I've never touched story mode

On ps4 it only gave me ssgss goku/vegita and i couldnt figure out how to get 21 so im doing story mode. 53% done after 8 hours.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really need to learn how to use the assists because people are kicking my loving rear end with them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't figured out any combos utilize assists bc I think my entire team sucks for doing that, but mainly I use them to extend blockstrings. I've had some matches come down to 1v1 and then Match gets so weird and stilted w/o assists to make every move safe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m 0 for about 50 games played and I figure if I lose 100 more times I’ll be able to tell what’s happening at any given moment.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Losing in ST for 5 hours felt like being in heaven with grandpa and all the girls I should of had crushes on as a schoolboy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I walked up and threw someone at the perfect distance in ST and it made me forget the 3 hours I spent sighing at Dbz.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish DBFZ had real throws. There's no good buttons to hit when somebody is in your face because even 2L is kind of slow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Every single time I thought I was figuring something out and it seemed like I was controlling the fight for the past 90 seconds I would look at the health bars and because they tagged more than me it was like I landed a single light auto combo on them collectively and 2 of my characters were nearly dead. :sigh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You have to learn too much at once and trying to learn any less than everything possible seems to just end up watching combos. The only help anyone in the chat room gave me was Bro why aren’t you playing Yamcha and Gohan(adult) is Gay. I wish I didn’t spend so long playing it so I could refund it lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they're tagging in neutral you can hit 2H as the character swaps out to do a counter hit launcher that will mess them up. In the lower ranks people just dash back and then tag even though it's completely unsafe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I punched my stick and yelled at it because I couldn’t figure out how to tag my guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How come when you hold forward and tag sometimes it just jumps the guy in and sometimes he just does a assist fireball.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you hold forward and hit assist they come in instant, you have to have the stick neutral or back to call in assist moves

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

If you hold forward and hit assist they come in instant, you have to have the stick neutral or back to call in assist moves

So your telling me the stick is broken.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

So your telling me the stick is broken.

Is it a super fireball? If you do qcf+Assist they pop in and do their Level 1 super.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t know anymore.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Actually the tagging is kind of hosed in this game, if you ask me. Sometimes I'll tag when I don't want to and sometimes I won't tag when I want to. The way it's supposed to work is you press the assist button to do an assist, and you hold it to do a tag. If you press forward + assist you'll tag instantly. It still feels unresponsive, though. You also can't tag in a character that is on assist cooldown unless you do a z change, which is tagging in during a super.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New trailer for SNK heroines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcZlarM8D4

I'm afraid now that they've shown more of this game its too much unbridled AIDS for a western release and it may be stuck in Japan. Thankfully the switch is region free

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

New trailer for SNK heroines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcZlarM8D4

I'm afraid now that they've shown more of this game its too much unbridled AIDS for a western release and it may be stuck in Japan. Thankfully the switch is region free

the reveal trailer already had a different version for the west with doctor, police, business etc outfits on the characters and people thought it was really brave, so id imagine theyll stick with that plan lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Im getting better at doing the inputs in dbfz and starting to get the hang of combos but cant translate it into wins yet.... but I guess every Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan starts some where....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should try to get 6 people together to do the tag battle mode.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So far everyones posts about DBZ seem to be The game is awesome and sooo dope but I have never won a single match and I am worthless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I lose against Kongming all the time but he played the beta for 20 hours so he has the leg up on me. But I beat people online when I play randomly but I'm probably gonna get put in the ragequitter tier because I alt F4 out of any match with a lag higher than 2 frames.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

So far everyones posts about DBZ seem to be The game is awesome and sooo dope but I have never won a single match and I am worthless.

Same. Lets do the 3v3 thing

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

One of the first things I did when getting this game was a battle against the AI at the default level 50 and I got owned pretty badly. Now I can beat the AI at 50, so that’s progress at least. Still not able to win online tho

When I get home I can try turning the AI up some more and see where it gets too challenging

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You all may find this discouraging but Goku won like every single fight he was in without too much trouble for the 50 or so episodes of Dragon Ball.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*first 50. And though I havent watched the entire series I think he has basically never lost a rematch.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Goku loses a fair bit in DBZ. It's basically a toss 'em up between my boy goku and that man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

One of the first things I did when getting this game was a battle against the AI at the default level 50 and I got owned pretty badly. Now I can beat the AI at 50, so that’s progress at least. Still not able to win online tho

When I get home I can try turning the AI up some more and see where it gets too challenging

Battling AI generally gives you bad habits FWIW. Its not bad to use to practice your inputs but in terms of dealing with a human player it doesn't teach you much

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

After playing some matches: this game loving blows. I hope its dead by 2019

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but enough about mvci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MVCI didn't even make it a week