Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You forgot the other half of the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Haha i knew it. I knew Colombia was fake. That movie is never coming out

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A: The "toldyaso" poo poo is lame, rovert.

B: Is the full-time thing for Ronda a work? A half-truth (like she has a Lesnar deal) or is it legit?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

B: Is the full-time thing for Ronda a work? A half-truth (like she has a Lesnar deal) or is it legit?

Nope

ESPN posted:

”This is my life now,” Rousey told ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne. “First priority on my timeline for the next several years. This is not a smash-and-grab; this is not a publicity stunt. When I first met with Triple H, I told him, ‘There are other things I can do with my time that’ll make way more money, but I won’t enjoy nearly as much.’”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They managed to swerve the media on every aspect of this deal right up until about an hour before the show. Pretty impressive for WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert please stop (half)quoting yourself. Thank you.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So the rumored plan for Ronda is Steph and Trips in a Mixed Tag match so her partner, looking at Raw's Roster, is either Cena (if he's not doing the Taker match) or Finn, I'd guess.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Senerio posted:

So the rumored plan for Ronda is Steph and Trips in a Mixed Tag match so her partner, looking at Raw's Roster, is either Cena (if he's not doing the Taker match) or Finn, I'd guess.

Can't believe they are feeding her to Steph so soon

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

AsInHowe posted:

Can't believe they are feeding her to Steph so soon

brock lost his first match back, gotta humble the outsiders

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What a mark.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Senerio posted:

Take it with a grain of salt though. Dave has been batting 0.000 with Ronda and WWE news

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Gaz-L posted:

Oh come on, we all knew she was in the match as soon as they said she was on the announce team, right?

So, as a spoiler, did anyone else happen to notice that Steph is pretty okay as an announce team member?

Likely because she doesn't have anyone yelling in her ear, but she was giving pretty okay color commentary and keeping her mouth shut for the most part.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

So, as a spoiler, did anyone else happen to notice that Steph is pretty okay as an announce team member?

Likely because she doesn't have anyone yelling in her ear, but she was giving pretty okay color commentary and keeping her mouth shut for the most part.

Other than constantly repeating what Cole said, she was white noise.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

She could have been a lot worse. She seemed to genuinely laugh at a couple of Corey’s jokes too which made her come across as kinda normal. Weird, I know.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bradzilla posted:

Other than constantly repeating what Cole said, she was white noise.

White noise is a step up from the norm for WWE commentary on a womens' match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She didn't add anything, but she didn't detract either so that's fine.

Except when she "Whose side is he on?!"ed the Beth/Natalya bit.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah I was kinda worried that she would be terrible on commentary but she was basically a nonentity. The female Tom Phillips perhaps

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Liquid Communism posted:

White noise is a step up from the norm for WWE commentary on a womens' match.

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah I was kinda worried that she would be terrible on commentary but she was basically a nonentity. The female Tom Phillips perhaps

A lot of the women we were watching with seemed to greatly enjoy her pushing attention (especially Corey's) back onto the match, especially in early stages.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DarkstarIV posted:

Take it with a grain of salt though. Dave has been batting 0.000 with Ronda and WWE news

I thought other places were saying Charlotte/Ronda was the plan.

I'd be down with Finn/Ronda v. HHH/Steph, but I feel like they'll want to give Ronda her own match to shine given how much publicity her arrival is getting.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

I thought other places were saying Charlotte/Ronda was the plan.

I'd be down with Finn/Ronda v. HHH/Steph, but I feel like they'll want to give Ronda her own match to shine given how much publicity her arrival is getting.

Yeah. Meltzer is saying its Triple H/Stephanie vs ???/Ronda. He's been batting 0.000 (as in, he's gotten pretty much nothing right with regards to ronda and wwe) so far with regards to Ronda. Rovert is claiming that its Charlotte vs Ronda. PWInsider mentioned in its live coverage that its Ronda vs Charlotte as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

rovert please stop (half)quoting yourself. Thank you.

The Sanity thing wasn't really relevant/proven yet so I didn't include it.

Gaz-L posted:

A: The "toldyaso" poo poo is lame, rovert.

People on here say I don't have scoops all the time to be fair.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 29, 2018

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Can you ever just do a thing without making it an argument?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

Can you ever just do a thing without making it an argument?

I am not having an argument and I want to be seen as heeding mod warnings. Just I wasn't being deceitful that's all. We still have Raw and Smackdown to go. However, Sanity did go back to Orlando yesterday.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 29, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. Meltzer is saying its Triple H/Stephanie vs ???/Ronda. He's been batting 0.000 (as in, he's gotten pretty much nothing right with regards to ronda and wwe) so far with regards to Ronda. Rovert is claiming that its Charlotte vs Ronda. PWInsider mentioned in its live coverage that its Ronda vs Charlotte as well.

Yeah it is still Charlotte vs Ronda but obviously if WWE can get Rock they aren't going to turn it down especially with the TV negotiations and wanting to be as seen as culturally relevant as possible.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Storyline-wise, I think the most fitting partner for Rousey would be Rock, but I'm guessing his schedule is too full for that to be a possibility.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Storyline-wise, I think the most fitting partner for Rousey would be Rock, but I'm guessing his schedule is too full for that to be a possibility.

And insurance too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Rock hurt his shoulder in a match a few years ago that caused a production delay and his insurance doesn't allow it now.

So he would have to be on a break from filming anything, and that hasn't been the case for 10 years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah Rock hurt his shoulder in a match a few years ago that caused a production delay and his insurance doesn't allow it now.

So he would have to be on a break from filming anything, and that hasn't been the case for 10 years.

I thought he tore a groin muscle?

tao of lmao posted:

She could have been a lot worse. She seemed to genuinely laugh at a couple of Corey’s jokes too which made her come across as kinda normal. Weird, I know.

Not that it's really that different from normal but Corey was on fire last night. He's the one announcer WWE has that will actively increase my enjoyment of the product.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess we both remembered wrong.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/321409581173571584

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they do the mixed tag, I bet Ronda's partner is Batista

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lol, Bryan Alvarez is claiming Asuka will be going after Charlotte for the title. He said it just now on WOL. I've seen literally no seeds planted for that direction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Lol, Bryan Alvarez is claiming Asuka will be going after Charlotte for the title. He said it just now on WOL. I've seen literally no seeds planted for that direction.

Nobody's ready for Alexa.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Well, from the standpoint of Alexa being the best talkers of all the women her building up a match with Rhonda being an overconfident arrogant shithead about it and then getting her head kicked in at Mania to a big pop makes sense from that standpoint. Also if you move Asuka to Smackdown it'll be easier to keep her an unstoppable juggernaut longer by keeping her and Rousey on separate brands for awhile.

Flair/Rousey is a much bigger marquee name, though, and I'd be surprised if WWE doesn't go with that. Daughter of one of the most legendary wrestlers of all time versus woman who put women's MMA on the map would draw more of the casual audience definitely.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Well, from the standpoint of Alexa being the best talkers of all the women her building up a match with Rhonda being an overconfident arrogant shithead about it and then getting her head kicked in at Mania to a big pop makes sense from that standpoint. Also if you move Asuka to Smackdown it'll be easier to keep her an unstoppable juggernaut longer by keeping her and Rousey on separate brands for awhile.

Flair/Rousey is a much bigger marquee name, though, and I'd be surprised if WWE doesn't go with that. Daughter of one of the most legendary wrestlers of all time versus woman who put women's MMA on the map would draw more of the casual audience definitely.

Nope. Bryan then went on to report that Dave is claiming we are getting Ronda/MYSTERY PARTNER vs Stephanie/Triple H. I don't think that's happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Observer guys are the ones saying Ronda's doing the tag match.

So this just allows for the Alexa/Nia dream match.

(it will probably be Nikki.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 29, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Observer guys are the ones saying Ronda'ss doing the tag match.

Observer says tag match, PWInsider and Rovert are claiming that its likely going to be Alexa vs Asuka, and Charlotte vs Ronda. I think I'm going to believe Rovert and PWInsider on this one, because Dave has been completely and utterly wrong as of late.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. Bryan then went on to report that Dave is claiming we are getting Ronda/MYSTERY PARTNER vs Stephanie/Triple H. I don't think that's happening.

Aphrodite posted:

Observer guys are the ones saying Ronda'ss doing the tag match.

Oh my :aaa:

I wonder what Alexa's going to do then if it's Asuka/Flair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Observer says tag match, PWInsider and Rovert are claiming that its likely going to be Alexa vs Asuka, and Charlotte vs Ronda. I think I'm going to believe Rovert and PWInsider on this one, because Dave has been completely and utterly wrong as of late.

I mean, rovert flipped at 9pm yesterday. Nobody thought she was going to be there, they did a secret charter flight to make it happen.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

DarkstarIV posted:

She stared down Charlotte pretty hard after the rumble if memory serves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Karmine posted:

She stared down Charlotte pretty hard after the rumble if memory serves.

Yeah, but she also has bad blood with Alexa as well. So who knows. I do think both Ronda and Asuka shouldn't be on the same brands however.