Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vengarr posted:

It's a big ongoing thing since the veerrry first appearance of the Villain Alliance, when they somehow learned that All Might was going to be at the training session at USJ. When the training camp was attacked, it became extremely obvious that someone on the inside was giving the VA information. Since the location was a closely-kept secret.

The "have all the students sleep in dorms" idea is stated to be part of the Principal's plan to expose the traitor.

Not the first appearance. They believed that one of them had broken in to the school and stole the schedule when Shigaraki broke down the gate and let the press in as a distraction.

The idea of someone feeding the League of Villains info was first outright presented in universe when the Training Camp was attacked like you said.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Only villains do that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
What is that?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tide pods.

Eating them is the new suicidal trend.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not really a "major" plot point in the sense that it doesn't really get continued focus and none of the kids, our viewpoint characters, care about it. But the teachers have brought it up enough between arcs that it is certainly a thing that exists and is slowly (too slowly probably) being built towards.

Really, it's not that they don't care necessarily. It's only been brought up by the teachers in their secret meetings. Once one of the kids brings it up, that's when we know it's going to be relevant. Until then, however...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

Tide pods.

And yet another source of schaudenfraude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's called a juke. A head fake. A stutter step. A red herring.

Defender: you.
Guy with ball: horikoshi.

Incoming egg on my face when sparkles is the traitor.

make the same analogy with a real sport please

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Tide pods.

Natural selection at its finest.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hate-Senpai posted:

Tide pods.

There were 39 cases of eating tide pods in the first fifteen days of 2018.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

That chapter just confused matters further. Despite being played off as a gag, Aoyama engraved a french expression in the rock that translates to "still waters run deep". To me, a very specific detail that seems like more foreshadowing...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Deku is the "traitor" because he never stops live tweeting and blogging

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Hate-Senpai posted:

Tide pods.

Well, after the trend of literally putting yourself on fire, I suppose the kids need new ways to shorten their life span.

I'd ask what's wrong with these people, but I know exactly what is wrong and I'm just saddened by it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
You were never young?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To elaborate, after the Tide pods were revealed a few years ago, people commented/joked that they looked like candy. Some time between then and now, people went from joking about eating them to actually sticking them in their mouths, which, given that these things are meant to release their contents inside the wet washing machine, means that even people who weren't actually going to eat them and were just messing around have gotten themselves poisoned by them. At least a few people did it for some sort of "YouTube challenge". (Tangent, all the YouTube challenges I've seen seem to have been started by assholes trying to get gullible people to hurt themselves, or creeps trying to get kids and teens to indulge their fetishes.)

I think Tide is actually planning on changing the design of the pods now, so people are less tempted to put them in their mouths.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

You were never young?

I did dumb poo poo as a kid but at the very least I knew not to ingest laundry detergent

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

You were never young?

I said I know exactly why they do it, but it drives me up the tits that stupidity and peer pressures are still so prevalent.

I was pretty immune to those kinds of things things though, by luck of circumstance.

I mean, I think the Instagram addiction is stupid too, but at least it's mostly harmless.

Except that it conditions kids for Skinner box gambling and normalizes exploitation of psyche.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

make the same analogy with a real sport please

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

make the same analogy with a post that works!!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I thought you said a real sport

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a post slain by hotlinking/adblock

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Sad times.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I want there to be a traitor so we can watch Nezu politely but effectively interrogate them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I believed in my sparkling prince and it was even better than I expected, though I'd assumed it was a bravery thing rather than unsuitable Quirk thing. I would love a chapter like this for a bunch of the class who have been lacking in screentime lately. I don't think he's the traitor especially after the final page with Deku talking about them being friends from then. Especially as it wouldn't mesh that well with Aoyama's private moments we've seen, it's still possible though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

perhaps aoyama knows who the traitor is and is attempting to become close to deku

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I believed in my sparkling prince

I thought this was the DB thread for a minute

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aww...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think that's already been posted but it's still fantastic

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:3:
Hasn't seen that.
Makes me smile.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BduypiulQBO/?taken-by=tsikyocos

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nonexistence posted:

I want there to be a traitor so we can watch Nezu politely but effectively interrogate them

Why would Nezu interrogate himself?

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
The real traitor is the friends we suspected along the way

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TurkeyFried posted:

The real traitor is the friends we suspected along the way

Nah, the real traitor was inside us all along.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I think this belongs in the Shougeki no Soma thread.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Don't you loving start, the dead gay forums died right after I noticed I had posted in the wrong thread and I couldn't fix it until the day after.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Who do you think will be the next hero to be left quirkless? I'd be a bit disappointed if the League of Villains ends up wasting all the serum after that awesome theft chapter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aizawa's quirk is really strong and I wouldn't be surprised if Shigaraki had a bit of a grudge

I dunno if he will be quirkless, but I think they will try and target him

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh man, what if they hit All Might?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

gmq posted:

Who do you think will be the next hero to be left quirkless? I'd be a bit disappointed if the League of Villains ends up wasting all the serum after that awesome theft chapter.

I think you're getting the serum and the bullets confused. The bullets are what removes "rewinds" someone's X gene quirk factor or whatever they called it when hit. The serum unrewinds it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh man, what if they hit All Might?

I hope the answer to this is that his obi wan ghost gets deleted from deku's OfA