Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Archonex posted:

Does direct x 12 do anything? Like, anything at all?

I'm trying to figure out if it even changes the graphical quality of the game. Or just makes something worse. So far all it seems to do is cause the game to bug out when alt tabbing.

In the first game it was actually an appreciable performance gain on AMD hardware. I used it and had no issues with it.

In this game, though, it seems to only add instability and lengthen load times. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH

turn off the TV posted:

I already said that the sphinxes don't cover enough area, they're more of a gorebull or a mammoth, which is good, but there isn't a skinwolf or minotaur equivilent where a unit with multiple models can do the same.

Chariots. I don’t get why the things get so little love. They have a high mass and unit size plus a lot of buffs from research that let you carry them to the endgame. I charge them through breached gates then let them fire arrows at the wall guards from behind.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Settra rules, tia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Archonex posted:

Does direct x 12 do anything? Like, anything at all?

Yes it crashes the game.

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Chariots. I don’t get why the things get so little love. They have a high mass and unit size plus a lot of buffs from research that let you carry them to the endgame. I charge them through breached gates then let them fire arrows at the wall guards from behind.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Settra rules, tia

Settra has the added bonus (on top of four horses) of being an explosive mummy that can never be bogged down by infantry, so you can just drive him around like a matchbox racer bowling over hundreds of mooks.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm a little hesitant to give settra the chariot of the gods over a loving Sphinx what's the word on that

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The DoomCat is great but if you're willing to micro him a bit he can do sickass flaming donuts all over the other guy's army and is also still capable of sorta dueling lords if they're not supported so I say go for it

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
What's the deal with Tomb King AI factions and Tomb Swarm? Do they actually perform the ritual and get the army ability for 10 turns, or is it just perpetually available to them at a certain point?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Realm of souls would be vastly improved by the ushabti not degrading as quickly, before the getting out of the ground animation finishes they already degrade to 90% HP.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I had a pretty fun battle against the savage orcs on a bottleneck map. I had a full stack of settra's army, 4 archers, cat, sword infantry against 2 full stacks of savage orcs and a couple archers and boar boys.

I teased them to charge me by picking at them with my archers, then charged my infantry into the two choke points so they would blob up real good like. My skelly boys held up admirably while my archers gunned down hundreds of orcs and my kitten sent them flying. I'm honestly sad I don't have more orcs to fight right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Now with all the weird poo poo in not africa, I think it is time for grimgor ironhide to head south

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Honestly it feels like all their heals could use a buff. There's different ways they could do it:

-Have all your skeleton units get 2x the benefit of heals vs constructs. This could be as simple as doubling the duration of the heal over time, forcing you to be careful with units to get the most from the benefit.

-Skeletons are resurrected before existing units are healed making it really effective for ranged skeleton units by quickly restoring the units offensive potential.

-Restless Dead gives an additional healing/resurrection effect on buffed targets encouraging you to use it on weak units.

-Research and Lord traits that boost the duration of heals for skeleton units.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I don't invite what I'm doing but I like the lizards

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
After doing an Akhan campaign I decided to give Tretch a go. He's a lot of fun and his DE start is really cool and good. Food is a nightmare though as he doesn't have any buildings that provide it. I end up permanently raiding my own territory and eating the rebels to keep above water. It really punishes you for expanding and when there's so much action up top, there are loads of juicy ruins you can't get! I am enjoying making treaties every everybody though as breaking them gives you a public order boost, so you can be super chill and know you won't suffer when you decide to invade.

All hail the doomwheel!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Honestly it feels like all their heals could use a buff

I have been using Gejnor's tweaks for TKs and they are solid pro awesome, also makes fighting TK really tough and strategic (in the early game at least)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Anyone got any impressions of the revamped Bugman's Rangers? Charge Defence vs Large, good melee stats, crossbows, and regen sounds like a good alternative to Greatweapon Longbeards as an anti-large unit.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Holy poo poo the Tomb Kings actually have an audio bug and their higher tier skeletons are supposed to sound like the Hierotitan. :allears:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1285032358&searchtext=

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 29, 2018

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

I'm thinking about making one of those climate mods for myself, and my current plan of action is basically this: Badlands to desert, most mountains south of Black Crag to wasteland. Unfrozen naggaroth is temperate, the southern coast of Norsca is frozen. The coastal settlements of Lustria are savannah. Factions can colonize unsuitable climates, but not uninhabitable ones. Each faction would have about four to five suitable and unsuitable climates out of the ten, with the exceptions being Orcs and Skaven. Orcs can colonize anywhere, Skaven cannot colonize Ulthuan.

I think that that would do a pretty decent job of keeping nominally friendly factions off of each other's asses in ME while still allowing for a decent amount of randomness.

I think it depends on if you just want a fudged climate mod or a regional occupation mod ( which I'd love to learn how to make. ).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Speaking of climate, are the penalties per region or province? There's a sick nasty port in Kislev but the other settlement in the province is snow

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Holy poo poo the Tomb Kings actually have an audio bug and their higher tier skeletons are supposed to sound like the Hierotitan. :allears:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1285032358&searchtext=

I really do love the attention to detail, bugs aside.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Speaking of climate, are the penalties per region or province? There's a sick nasty port in Kislev but the other settlement in the province is snow

I think everything but the public order penalty is individual to the region. The PO penalty stacks.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Realm of souls would be vastly improved by the ushabti not degrading as quickly, before the getting out of the ground animation finishes they already degrade to 90% HP.

There's a Gejnor mod that fixes that. It's called "Nehekhara Rises", and I consider it a must have.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Devorum posted:

There's a Gejnor mod that fixes that. It's called "Nehekhara Rises", and I consider it a must have.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Total War: Warhammer 2 - There's a Gejnor mod that fixes that

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
but can gejnor mod my broken heart?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

If you don’t take the snow one you won’t get any penalties

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Is there a mod which gives Arkhan his actual skull face, instead of the strangely fleshy look he has in game?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sounds like you need Gejnor’s mod

And agreed

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Plavski posted:

but can gejnor mod my broken heart?

I don't know... can i..?

Also, do you want a really hard challenging balls busting time against greenskins as.. basically anyone but them (but especially as dwarfs)?

Just install my mod Raging Beasts and Brutes (Green Iz Best optional, but it will help the ai!) and have vistas such as theese in your games:

And so you too can have a real green hellwar on your hands! Spread the Age of Reckoning (if you survive that is..)!

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 29, 2018

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Why didn't Cataph ever make a Kislev mod? Or for that matter, why are there so few? Nobody likes Ice magic Russia?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Aurubin posted:

Why didn't Cataph ever make a Kislev mod? Or for that matter, why are there so few? Nobody likes Ice magic Russia?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

this is not what we meant when we asked for bear cav

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There were issues for a long rear end time in that you can't make new models in the TWW engine. Which is why all the big chaos mods were just recolored Chaos spawn, or dudes holding different weapons. I think people fairly recently figured out a way around this by importing custom models from Rome 2 though iirc.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Thoughts on TK units:

Basic skeletons: Why doesn't any research buff them? The only buffs they get are the red line skill and Khateps skill, but both of these benefit all infantry so really is the better units that benefit.

Warriors/Guard: They seem decent for the price. No complaints. Not as good as Grave Guard but Grave Guard don't get a Halberd option.

Archers: Great utility, definitely help support their weaker units. 4 per building is a good number in my opinion.

Skull catapult: Disappointingly mediocre. It's a worse version of the plagueclaw catapult. Haven't tried Casket of Souls but considering the cost to obtain it deserves to be decent in campaign at least.

Cavalry: Is it worth bothering? Cavalry seems to overlap with chariot counterparts, but Chariots get more bonuses and upgrades. I haven't used the higher end stuff much but Constructs in general can at least be supported by a Necrotect.

Chariots: Even more micro intensive than cavalry, but they get a lot of bonuses you can stack together with a Tomb Prince on a chariot tagging along.

Ushtabis: probably my favorite unit in the roster, they feel strong and hard hitting and the combination of lord/hero traits red skills and research makes them even more potent. The bow versions are pretty much bolt throwers.

Sphynxes: Having a Necrotect heal and buff them as they rampage through enemy lines is really helpful. Monsters are definitely a Tomb Kings specialty and they really seem to shine overall.

Heirotitan:Really slow but the embedded spells are helpful.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Thoughts on TK units:

Basic skeletons: Why doesn't any research buff them? The only buffs they get are the red line skill and Khateps skill, but both of these benefit all infantry so really is the better units that benefit.

I think based on my games so far you're really meant to stop using them in favor of Tomb Guard eventually. I am phasing out using basic skellies in my armies one by one. I do still recruit them to quickly fill space when I have empty spots but that's it once I can get a good Tomb Guard cap rolling.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Space Skeleton posted:

I think based on my games so far you're really meant to stop using them in favor of Tomb Guard eventually. I am phasing out using basic skellies in my armies one by one. I do still recruit them to quickly fill space when I have empty spots but that's it once I can get a good Tomb Guard cap rolling.

What sucks about them having no research upgrades is that the tons of em you get in garrisons never get any better.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Jeremor posted:

Sword infantry instead of spear infantry make a big difference early on, as well as recruiting a bunch of archers. Archers tear up most of the poo poo you're fighting early game. Beyond that, microing chariots is important and keeping your lords safe while still taking out opposing generals. I still haven't experienced much of the late game TK, but I'm looking forward to more sphinxes and poo poo ruining people's day.

You found sword infantry worth using? Between having a lower MA+MD and their lack of anti-large I went all spears and never looked back. What am I missing?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

KPC_Mammon posted:

You found sword infantry worth using? Between having a lower MA+MD and their lack of anti-large I went all spears and never looked back. What am I missing?

Yeah I straight up can't see a reason to use basic skellingtons over the spear version

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I also stuck with spears since they at least get charge defense vs large and the better MD combined with 3 points in the red tree let them at least hold out against most line infantry for a while.

The sword guys just get outclassed quickly by Nehekaran Warriors which can be used to flank charge units bogged down by your spear guys. The basic sword skellies will just die too fast;their slightly higher MA isn't worth the much lower MD as a tradeoff.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Panfilo posted:

Besides the one that buffs them there isn't any research that buffs them.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
What's the best dynasty lord? I think the Ushtabi one probably is. You can combine him with a Netcrotect that has Ushtabi Carver trait along with the Ushtabi expert follower. You get a lot of potential upgrades and bonuses for those guys anyway so the only thing really holding you back is the fact that it is a 6,000g tier 3 building to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Though with Khatep I found the other Liche Priest one is good too. Saves jars raising their cap and in turn you can recruit Liche Priests that give +1 veterancy/+2 jars which is useful. They also get immortality very early - like at level 8 so stuff that makes them start at a higher level really speeds this along.