Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I feed on your pain

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh no

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
OH YEAH

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"Why did they LP a DKC2 romhack?"

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

nine-gear crow posted:

"Why did they LP a DKC2 romhack?"

:oh:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

I feed on your pain

:emptyquote:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

dis astranagant posted:

I feed on your pain

:same:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

:justpost:

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
That sounds awful.

Bring it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I want to have both an edited version that's easier to watch and the raw, uncut insanity of a nearly 2 hour playthrough.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Clearly we need to share your pain. Give us the raw, unedited version.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Today we take a trip underwater and learn that the bunny powerup is useless there.

Super Mario Land Two DX: Episode 04 - Turtle Zone

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Better late than never, it's time to finish off the last proper stage of the game!

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity #16: The International
(Heavy Sigh, corn in the bible, Combat Lobster and Great Joe)

And as always, at center square, Doctor Wily.

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity Hard Mode #16: Something Wily
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, Shinryu, Word on the Wind, and dijondujour)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I watched a longplay of Rockman 4 Infinity and I remember seeing the Gemini/Needle Man merge being interrupted by Shadow Man, and you have to fight him instead of Nemini Man. Is that something that you have to unlock by doing something special?

Reggae debuted in the Japan-only Mega Man board game for the NES, his picture appears on the password screen in Mega Man 7 if you put in a wrong password, and he's in Bass's version of the item shop in Mega Man 10. Other than that, I don't think he's in any other Mega Man game. Certainly not 8.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 28, 2018

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I watched a longplay of Rockman 4 Infinity and I remember seeing the Gemini/Needle Man merge being interrupted by Shadow Man, and you have to fight him instead of Nemini Man. Is that something that you have to unlock by doing something special?

Heavy Sigh mentioned in the hard mode video that that's getting it's own video.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dancingbears posted:

Heavy Sigh mentioned in the hard mode video that that's getting it's own video.
Ah gotcha, I haven't seen through all of the Hard Mode video. I'm on the credits.

Edit: Heard it.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 28, 2018

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
And now, I am proud to present: K. Rool's Revenge - a feature length film.

K. Rool's Keep (1)
K. Rool's Keep (2)
K. Rool's Keep (3)
K. Rool's Keep (4)

The edited version will be up sometime in the next day or two once I make it (more) watchable than this garbage.

Artix fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 29, 2018

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Now that's the stuff.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I don't understand how the hacker looked at this mess and said 'yes, that's what I want in my hack'.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Donkey Kong Country 2: The Lost Level: Layers Upon Layers of Dick Moves

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Heavy Sigh posted:

Better late than never, it's time to finish off the last proper stage of the game!

That teleport effect they use for the Wily Machine is pretty cool.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Endless" sure was an appropriate adjective for that elevator level. Jesus.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh my god, even if you just did a supercut of your deaths on those bullshit levels, it'd still be super long.

Did those levels get any playtesting?! :psyduck:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Shei-kun posted:

Oh my god, even if you just did a supercut of your deaths on those bullshit levels, it'd still be super long.

Did those levels get any playtesting?! :psyduck:

It's a romhack in a tiny community.

You tell me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now I'm not a romhack expert, but I would still say it should be kinda obvious even without playtesting that throwing poo poo at the player that they have no possible way of reacting to in time is bad game design.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Now I'm not a romhack expert, but I would still say it should be kinda obvious even without playtesting that throwing poo poo at the player that they have no possible way of reacting to in time is bad game design.

And with that kind of attitude you never will be one either :colbert: What, you want people to beat your hack without savestates? What's the point of that? It's madness.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So what's The Lost World gonna be? Will the screen just be full of red Zingers?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

A bullet hell Squawks level.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Commander Keene posted:

A bullet hell quawks level.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't think you understand how "difficulty" romhacks work. It doesn't matter if it's bullshit, it's HARD and that's what's important, after all any sort of difficulty is good difficulty. The player can just savestate whenever, there's no such thing as "unfair" because it's hard and people want hard right???

Don't expect these people to have any idea of level design or to care about the players, they make the levels and the player should instictively know them or just ram their head against their finely-crafted wall until they get through. Trial-and-error gameplay = fair difficulty!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm noticing that some people here have been personally hurt by some guy tooling around with a level editor for a bit

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I'm kinda sad you couldn't actually finish the level with Rattley.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

I could not resist.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PoptartsNinja posted:

I could not resist.

diddy's forever juggling in hell now

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

I could not resist.

I trimmed it down a bit to try to turn it into an avatar, but I think it still blows the size limits out of the water. Anyone remember what the SA avatar limits are? I can never find them.

Maybe this would be small enough?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

the store page posted:

Title Image
Must be smaller than 180x180 pixels and no larger than 150kB. Only GIF, PNG, and JPG images are allowed. Images should be "work-safe".

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

If it's not unreasonably huge you can PM it to an admin and have it uploaded.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I trimmed it down a bit to try to turn it into an avatar, but I think it still blows the size limits out of the water. Anyone remember what the SA avatar limits are? I can never find them.

Maybe this would be small enough?

Maybe try cropping Dixie out of the image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Oh, sweet, then the first one is small enough -- it's 132kB.

Kith posted:

Maybe try cropping Dixie out of the image?

Her presence is a vital part of the comedy. :colbert:

(edit: I didn't make this as an avatar for myself, so feel free to take it or give it to Artix or something)

• Locked thread