Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Uh... how hosed up is your colon that a reduction in plunging is a "huge quality of life improvement?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm gonna blame poor and inefficient wiping technique for this one.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

Uh... how hosed up is your colon that a reduction in plunging is a "huge quality of life improvement?"

In my experience the vast majority of our household plunging incidents are due to the scientific exploration of the toilet's hydrodynamic capacity for toilet paper by preschoolers.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Cheesus posted:

Is the problem just that the existing toilets don't do it well?

I had a similar problem in my old house. The old pre-1.6 gallon toilets literally wouldn't flush poo poo. Replaced them and poop went down every time.

yes this. Both of them are gravity only and there's no bowl jet (the hole at the bottom of the bowl that faces toward the drain pipe, creating flow in that direction). They use at least 3 gallons per flush if not much more. I can do a double flush, just poop and then just paper and they clog on the first go around. I plunge about every other day regardless of what I try.

I figured get the latest and greatest but I don't want toilets that thunderflush at each use.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Molybdenum posted:

yes this. Both of them are gravity only and there's no bowl jet (the hole at the bottom of the bowl that faces toward the drain pipe, creating flow in that direction). They use at least 3 gallons per flush if not much more. I can do a double flush, just poop and then just paper and they clog on the first go around. I plunge about every other day regardless of what I try.

I figured get the latest and greatest but I don't want toilets that thunderflush at each use.

You wouldn't think that toilet technology has improved in the last 50 years, but modern toilets are way better at flushing then old ones.

+1 for the Champion 4. Just throw away the garbage seat that comes with it, and get a wood one.

Is this my life now? Posting toilet suggestions?

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Homeownership: Is this my life now? Posting toilet suggestions?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

devicenull posted:

+1 for the Champion 4. Just throw away the garbage seat that comes with it, and get a wood one.

What's so great about wooden seats? For my money the best seats are the ones that can't slam, so all you have to do when you're done is tip the lid over and it'll gradually settle down to the bowl.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Can't slam the lid when your toilet is just a hole in the ground

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
The best thing about having the unslammable toilet seat lids at home is pooping anywhere else and absolutely spiking the seat lid afterwards because you absentmindedly just let it drop.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The key to a good toilet is the size of the toilet outlet. I challenge you to clog a 3 inch toilet. Maybe your rock hard foot long turd get stuck but you ain't clogging the water up. I have easy close seats so the kids can't slam them, plus they make them with a tiny seat that fits in the lid for if your mini mes are still tiny or you want a challenge when peeing.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

therobit posted:

Growing up with the first late 80's low flow toilets have scarred me for life. When you need to dump in a bucket of water to flush pee, you know it's bad.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

uwaeve posted:

The best thing about having the unslammable toilet seat lids at home is pooping anywhere else

:shrek:

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

OSU_Matthew posted:

When you need to dump in a bucket

It took me several reads to understand your sentence correctly, I thought you were taking a dump in a bucket and then transferring turd to toilet lol

Homeowner chat: I got my new front door yesterday! This time Lowe's actually sent a left-swing like I ordered. Now I can officially never hire them again.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
This weekend I bought a new vacuum and was very excited by how much better it is, painted what will eventually be the master bedroom, and fixed a tub stopper lever that was keeping it from fully draining. This morning I stood on my porch and enjoyed the morning rain.

Sometimes homeownership can feel pretty good. :)

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Lotta toilet talk in here without mention of a bidet. You want to talk quality of life improvement? Install a bidet, your life will change

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

CloFan posted:

Lotta toilet talk in here without mention of a bidet. You want to talk quality of life improvement? Install a bidet, your life will change

This man speaks the truth; I have the cleanest butthole.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

A heated Toto Washlet seat is worth every penny. I’ve got an S350e and I can’t recommend it enough.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

CloFan posted:

I now hate pooping away from home because of the lack of a bidet, not from any sort of poo shame, or fear of dirty public toilets.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
well the toilet I was looking to replace sprung a leak and blew water all over. It was located on the 2nd floor and water flowed into the half bath and pantry beneath it as well as all the way to the basement. :argh:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Ok, serious question about bidets. How do you know when you're done squirting your b hole? Like with paper I can look at it and see that it's clean, but I can't see my own pooper.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ghostnuke posted:

Ok, serious question about bidets. How do you know when you're done squirting your b hole? Like with paper I can look at it and see that it's clean, but I can't see my own pooper.

Yoga

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

You can still wipe.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The gently caress you can. I paid $200 for this water robot to squirt my rear end clean, not so I can bat clean-up with a square of two-ply.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also do you like have a butthole towel to dry off after your bidet hoses down your nethers or what

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I still use toilet paper, it just goes a LOT further. A four pack lasts me like three months, now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

also do you like have a butthole towel to dry off after your bidet hoses down your nethers or what

Real toilets blast your wet rear end with warm air for you after hitting you with the pressure washer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Real toilets blast your wet rear end with warm air for you after hitting you with the pressure washer.

So, about as effective as a men's-room hand blowdryer, e.g., sorta works but only if there's a powerful and super noisy blast of hot air for like 15 to 20 seconds? Do you bidet your rear end and then blast noisy hot air at 2 AM and wake up everyone else in your house? Or is it more of a leisurely not-noisy 2-minute gentle cycle kind of thing

I'm going to france in April and I hear they have lots of bidets so I need to learn how to do it right

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

No that's a bullshit feature, real toilets come with a strapping young gentleman who does the hot air blowing

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So, when putting a house up for sale, I assume it is standard practice to remove the flag with a nazi symbol on it before listing it. Because poking around zillow I found someone who looks like they missed that memo.
In the garage is a flag with a totenkopf in one corner.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

So, when putting a house up for sale, I assume it is standard practice to remove the flag with a nazi symbol on it before listing it. Because poking around zillow I found someone who looks like they missed that memo.
In the garage is a flag with a totenkopf in one corner.

Screenshots

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...762_rect/15_zm/

Hit up the photos, its the last one in the garage.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

*Nazi flag, Gadsden flag, brodozer*

Have you considered asking his neighbors to pitch in some cash for your down payment?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is that the skull thing?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

Is that the skull thing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_SS_Panzer_Division_Totenkopf

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

*Nazi flag, Gadsden flag, brodozer*

Have you considered asking his neighbors to pitch in some cash for your down payment?

I'm hopefully leaving town in the next few months, or that might work.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
His neighbors are probably just like him.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Are there any easy ways to get Home Depot coupons? Gonna make a big purchase and would love a 10% off coupon.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Are there any easy ways to get Home Depot coupons? Gonna make a big purchase and would love a 10% off coupon.

Their CEO just said a bunch of despicable poo poo this morning so could you make it Menard's or anywhere else?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Their CEO just said a bunch of despicable poo poo this morning so could you make it Menard's or anywhere else?

If you mean the tax reform stuff, that was a co-founder and not the CEO. I don’t think he’s with the company any longer.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Subjunctive posted:

If you mean the tax reform stuff, that was a co-founder and not the CEO. I don’t think he’s with the company any longer.

Oh *whew*

It was negative enough that it pricked my ears up. I am already on the outs with Lowe's so I didn't want Home Depot to be off-limits also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Besides, it's not like Menards is any better.