Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I want Ash Williams as a Tommy substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I want Ash Williams as a Tommy substitute.

I was going to make a joke about MUH CANNON but I remembered there was that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic.

I'd be OK with Bruce Campbell as Ash in another video game. I remember one of the Evil Dead games not being completely trash but I don't remember if it was the first or second one.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

joylessdivision posted:

I was going to make a joke about MUH CANNON but I remembered there was that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic.

I'd be OK with Bruce Campbell as Ash in another video game. I remember one of the Evil Dead games not being completely trash but I don't remember if it was the first or second one.

*the Monkey's Paw curls a finger, as DbD gets the rights to have Ash and turns him into yet another boring Survivor*

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

amigolupus posted:

*the Monkey's Paw curls a finger, as DbD gets the rights to have Ash and turns him into yet another boring Survivor*

:eng99:

I keep thinking about buying that game and then I see how much they're charging for the extra killers and nah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just

DbD has such boring gameplay.

You run around, fix generators, open doors and get out.

The killer is the only one that gets to have any fun and even then they're all so loving limited in what they can do

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
they've been whittling away the fun the killer can have too, they're not really designed to kill people really

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I have played dbd back when I first came out, and I was excited for it! But after about an hour, I refunded it because I felt as though I saw everything that there was to see. Every now and then they streamer at followill play it and honestly, not much has changed in regards to the game play for me.

I guess its continued popularity really goes to show how important it is to come out first (even though it's development started after F13). That, and licensing. Because the game mechanics sure aren't there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru posted:

It definitely mentioned it in the Virtual Cabin, it also mentioned that apparently Julius' actor was boxing Hodder's poo poo for real in Part 8 at Hodder's request, and he was just tanking punches to the gut for the entire scene. That dude's no joke

I'm doing a 1970s-style horror movie and my biggest problem has been finding an actor who can play the killer. It's not insanely physical like what Kane Hodder does, but it's just impossible to find physically imposing actors who are willing to take payment that's not in the thousands.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would think you could hire an indie wrestler or something, it's not like they make a fortune for what they do.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Anyone finish either collection of tapes yet? I think I have about 7 more Pamela tapes and 4 more Jarvis. Been finding them left and right over the last week.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ghostpilot posted:

I have played dbd back when I first came out, and I was excited for it! But after about an hour, I refunded it because I felt as though I saw everything that there was to see. Every now and then they streamer at followill play it and honestly, not much has changed in regards to the game play for me.

I guess its continued popularity really goes to show how important it is to come out first (even though it's development started after F13). That, and licensing. Because the game mechanics sure aren't there.

Never underestimate how popular a ranking system can make something.

Side note, that's why I love Ft13th. No one see's a level, just a name.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Never underestimate how popular a ranking system can make something.

Side note, that's why I love Ft13th. No one see's a level, just a name.

They can see it before a match though by clicking on names in the lobby. I always check people's levels before we start, because I want to know what an assfucking I'm in for if I'm a Jason in a lobby full of people who know each other and are all level 101+.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

quote:

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.

Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

Oh thank god.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Between this and the Jason buffs, I think the repair characters are going to be in rough, rough shape.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to encourage better playing too

That's great

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ghostpilot posted:

Between this and the Jason buffs, I think the repair characters are going to be in rough, rough shape.

You don't play Deb to survive, you play Deb to die because of stupid counselors

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Man, I love Gun Media :allears:

As passe as it might be to dunk on Dead by Daylight, at least F13's devs know that their killer is supposed to be terrifying and the counselors are supposed to be in over their heads. Whenever people complain about Jason being underpowered they listen... they listen to counselor-side complaints too but they always seem to be tweaking both sides to ensure that Jason isn't totally toothless like all of DbD's killers.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Why yes Buggzy, you go ahead and fix that car and I'll protect you with my 90 lb. nerd frame and plank of wood. Oh you hosed up the battery again? That's fine, you go ahead and keep trying!

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Glasses
Good Hair
Top Tier at suicide rushing repairs.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
While I will miss all the pocket knives, I think I got Inside Out Mom on like four separate occasions while he was Jason a few nights ago. We laughed but in reality there probably shouldn't be that many lying around.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I just play random all the time, which somehow translates to always being AJ. It's admittedly nice being aware four or so people are guaranteed to die first and Jason ain't gonna find my rear end until we're a ways in.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still wish that they'd take a style from DbD and change traps so that Jason can pick up and reuse his traps, but you can do a minigame to destroy them for good based on the survivor's repair skill.

Really at this point traps are only useful in the early game, and Debbie and LaChappa are only useful for super specific parts. It'd be rad if Deb could be a trap hunter instead of just "boy I hope my teammates are smart enough to fix the car whoops I died because they weren't"

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

cliffdiver posted:

While I will miss all the pocket knives, I think I got Inside Out Mom on like four separate occasions while he was Jason a few nights ago. We laughed but in reality there probably shouldn't be that many lying around.

I will both miss and not miss the mad dashes for camp sites looking for extra pocket knives and shotguns.

I welcome my repeat deaths at the hands of the angry man in the hockey mask.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm fine with dying as long as I get a cool kill, anything but loving Asphyxiate :mad:

My favourite round was locking myself in the bathroom, forgetting he can see the lock from a time zone away. When he started smashing through the door I said "Okay dude listen, I know I'm donezo, but give me any kill but the swirlie, please." Fortunately he was cool and killed me via fireplace instead because I cannot stand the shame of dying in a toilet.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Stealth is about to be meta, calling it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

I would think you could hire an indie wrestler or something, it's not like they make a fortune for what they do.

That's...actually a really good suggestion.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The flipside of playing random, drawing Fatty McFatfat and starting out right next to the phone box. Jason decided he was gonna chase my rear end down for the next three minutes until I ran out of gas

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DeathChicken posted:

The flipside of playing random, drawing Fatty McFatfat and starting out right next to the phone box. Jason decided he was gonna chase my rear end down for the next three minutes until I ran out of gas

If you know you're in the phone house, quickly make it look unoccupied then HIDE. He doesn't have to tools to see you that early, he doesn't have the time to check either.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was joking that the devs idea of balance would be to get rid of combat and I wasn't far off.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean if you're silly enough to get into a melee fight with Jason, you pretty much deserve to die. You can run from Jason, you can trick him into doing dumb things like not realizing cars can go backwards and forwards. But fighting him should be a resort of the desperate :colbert:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

I mean if you're silly enough to get into a melee fight with Jason, you pretty much deserve to die. You can run from Jason, you can trick him into doing dumb things like not realizing cars can go backwards and forwards. But fighting him should be a resort of the desperate :colbert:

This patch sounds like the end of every other rando match being "Hey guys let's kill Jason"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I just hope it leads to far fewer slasher-only Jasons because those players are loving boring. I don't blame them now with how frequently players get health sprays and pocket knives, but I'd like to see Jasons actually taking their chances with grabbing and executing.

Ah who am I kidding, we'll always have tryhard pussies who won't take a single risk when they're Jason because they need that kill count for some reason.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I will completely slash it up if there are a bunch of people crowding and it's obvious they're just waiting to smack me as soon as I try a grab. Then they'll probably dance

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DeathChicken posted:

Donking Jason from behind a door rules.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also it seems like Jason 4s are the most likely to not even bother grabbing and just endlessly hack you to death. There are a lot of Jason 4s

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

weekly font posted:

Donking Jason from behind a door rules.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

From Twitter:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Stealth is about to be meta, calling it.

My time has arrived.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care if you can ride the bulldozer or not I am living there

That is my new home.

gently caress off everyone else that is my home

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Also it seems like Jason 4s are the most likely to not even bother grabbing and just endlessly hack you to death. There are a lot of Jason 4s

gently caress that noise, when I'm Jason 4 I Always Be Grabbing. I paid $2.99 for those kills and by god I'm getting my money's worth. You people spectating, you're gonna see every one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

King Vidiot posted:

gently caress that noise, when I'm Jason 4 I Always Be Grabbing. I paid $2.99 for those kills and by god I'm getting my money's worth. You people spectating, you're gonna see every one of them.

The 7 kills are so nice, why does he suck so much

• Locked thread