Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Krankenstyle posted:

no, it would not have.

ok then, i would be happy to get high and do minecraft with snoop doggy dog, in his house, if he would have me there, if that's what he wanted to do. sounds like a good time! i bet he's got some really good snacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Roosevelt posted:

ok then, i would be happy to get high and do minecraft with snoop doggy dog, in his house, if he would have me there, if that's what he wanted to do. sounds like a good time! i bet he's got some really good snacks

my original thought was "showing up at Snoop's, getting high, and then" --- playing minecraft or the opposite

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Krankenstyle posted:

my original thought was "showing up at Snoop's, getting high, and then" --- playing minecraft or the opposite

lol imagine if you showed up at snoop's, looking around for the party, but instead it's just him , you, a bottle of mountain dew, a family-size bag of doritos, and a minecraft server, ready to roll

that would be like an episode of the twilight zone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Roosevelt posted:

lol imagine if you showed up at snoop's, looking around for the party, but instead it's just him , you, a bottle of mountain dew, a family-size bag of doritos, and a minecraft server, ready to roll

that would be like an episode of the twilight zone

haha gently caress

could i at least prank call from his phone?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

notch may be the embodiment of gonniness, but i'd be pleased to play some minecraft with snoop. never played it, but i suspect it'd actually be a fine venture high

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
any video game must be amazing when you're snoop-high

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i want to play it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvELT5aIo9A

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i don’t play minecraft, smoke pot, or hang out with snoop dogg but goddamn if i wouldn’t spend a weekend broadening my horizons doing them all at once

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i'm more of a cocaine + dreamcast + limp bizkit kind of person

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I'm more of a cough medicine and Braid with Soulja Boy dude

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i'm more of a drink beer in my underwear while browsing the forums kind of guy.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wheany posted:

i'm more of a drink beer in my underwear while browsing the forums kind of guy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the russians just used computer

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ma...lignment-dance/

:psypop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Some of the names being thrown around as possible acquisitions by Microsoft are, frankly, astounding, even unthinkable. But the fact that they are doing the rounds is instructive. The most recent one we heard (from a reliable source close to Microsoft) was, in fact, Electronic Arts. We also heard a whisper about Valve and about Korean outfit PUBG Corp., which Microsoft last year signed to a timed exclusive for its hit survival shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Some of the names being thrown around as possible acquisitions by Microsoft are, frankly, astounding, even unthinkable. But the fact that they are doing the rounds is instructive. The most recent one we heard (from a reliable source close to Microsoft) was, in fact, Electronic Arts. We also heard a whisper about Valve and about Korean outfit PUBG Corp., which Microsoft last year signed to a timed exclusive for its hit survival shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

Wouldn't EA dying of Microsoft Acquisition Syndrome be a net good for the world, maybe force an org chart shuffle at MS, and basically only hurt people who willingly subjected themselves to working at EA?

Valve I'd appreciate MS waiting until a few more GOG Connect events happen, and PUBG wouldn't really mean anything yet, but EA's well into 'do it you cowards' territory.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they could buy a controlling share of ea, but valve is a privately held company making piles of money with zero motivation to sell.

i'm also loving the latest visual studio update which causes debugging to randomly not work after a few minutes because "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients." idk what the hell that means, but closing and reopening vs is the only thing that fixes it.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
wasnt valve started by butthurt ex microsoft guys

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Dongslayer. posted:

wasnt valve started by butthurt ex microsoft guys

they may have been way back then but it's hard to imagine them not being pretty much vampire capitalists now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dont be mean to me posted:

Wouldn't EA dying of Microsoft Acquisition Syndrome be a net good for the world, maybe force an org chart shuffle at MS, and basically only hurt people who willingly subjected themselves to working at EA?

Valve I'd appreciate MS waiting until a few more GOG Connect events happen, and PUBG wouldn't really mean anything yet, but EA's well into 'do it you cowards' territory.

eh, ea did a 180 from worst to best companies to work for, surprisingly enough. as much as i love internet circlejerks, im not sure there's be much gain here, especially considering that none of their games is a ps4 exclusive to begin with.

also what on earth is a gog connect event

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

eh, ea did a 180 from worst to best companies to work for, surprisingly enough.
that is so surprising i absolutely refuse to believe it

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

cinci zoo sniper posted:

eh, ea did a 180 from worst to best companies to work for, surprisingly enough. as much as i love internet circlejerks, im not sure there's be much gain here, especially considering that none of their games is a ps4 exclusive to begin with.

also what on earth is a gog connect event

1) i really want to see a comeuppance for loot boxes

it may not be rational but it's what it is

2) sometimes when GOG gets to start selling games that came out on Steam first they give you whichever of the games you already had on Steam

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 30, 2018

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I see absolutely zero downsides to an ms acquisition of ea.

- ea gets shut down
- the ms guy gets promoted to another division to ruin something else
- gamers go nuts
- xbox continues to be irrelevant

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wild EEPROM posted:

I see absolutely zero downsides to an ms acquisition of ea.

- ea gets shut down
- the ms guy gets promoted to another division to ruin something else
- gamers go nuts
- xbox continues to be irrelevant
if microsoft bought ea they would start with firing anyone with any talent and retain only the middle managers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dont be mean to me posted:

1) i really want to see a comeuppance for loot boxes

it may not be rational but it's what it is

2) sometimes when GOG gets to start selling games that came out on Steam first they give you whichever of the games you already had on Steam

oic

anthonypants posted:

if microsoft bought ea they would start with firing anyone with any talent and retain only the middle managers

i dont want them to kill battlefield series

anthonypants posted:

that is so surprising i absolutely refuse to believe it

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-12-06-blizzard-ea-among-glassdoors-best-places-to-work

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also, apparently, https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/hrc-best-place-to-work

quote:

LGBTQ Equality by Human Rights Campaign
For the fifth consecutive year EA has received a 100% rating by the Human Rights Campaign on their annual Corporate Equality Index survey.
:eyepop:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
EA is probably more likely to kill BF than a Microsoft acquisition

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

EA is probably more likely to kill BF than a Microsoft acquisition

its their strongest franchise, that is extremely stable and we'll performing at that. no pr scandals or major fiascos running wild either

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

its their strongest franchise, that is extremely stable and we'll performing at that. no pr scandals or major fiascos running wild either

except the bit where it was taken from the studio who invented it to someone else

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah its still dice. you can tell because all the bugs make no sense ex: after a match clicking the quit button wont quit until after the next map loads.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

anthonypants posted:

net positive, the people with talent will go make good things, middle managers will continue to cost money doing nothing

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao as if ea didn't either fake glassdoor reviews or coerce their employees into leaving positive reviews

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Take that with a grain of salt. HRC is still the organization that was willing to throw away all trans protections in ENDA to pass a rump version that was basically LG only, despite every other lgbtq rights org being against that.

Their metrics probably do not account for the diversity of workplace experiences in the btq part of the acronym.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cis autodrag posted:

Take that with a grain of salt. HRC is still the organization that was willing to throw away all trans protections in ENDA to pass a rump version that was basically LG only, despite every other lgbtq rights org being against that.

Their metrics probably do not account for the diversity of workplace experiences in the btq part of the acronym.

This.

It is more likely that EA just states in their written policies about certain lgbtq rights, but there is nothing actually stating they have to enforce or follow them.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

um... i know a guy who worked at EA and the gender poo poo is terrible there

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

HRC are probably a bunch of liberals

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

PleasureKevin posted:

HRC are probably a bunch of liberals

in the most pejorative sense of the word, yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cis autodrag posted:

ah rip, but im not surprised

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

except the bit where it was taken from the studio who invented it to someone else

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

ea seems like a good fit