Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hooman posted:

I misread your post, but I think my misreading is funnier.

It is, yes.

E: One time I had an undesexed goat and it sprayed semen all over me, will that get you some yucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

It is, yes.

E: One time I had an undesexed goat and it sprayed semen all over me, will that get you some yucks?

No, it's funnier because the sheep thing didn't happen.

Getting sprayed with goat semen sounds awful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

Getting sprayed with goat semen sounds awful.

Much like

your posting :iamafag:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Much like

your posting :iamafag:

Please, nothing is worse than my posting.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hobo Erotica posted:

Check it guys

https://www.facebook.com/ClimateChangeIsNatural/posts/1748447445207174

Edit - nvm sorry pretty obvious should have looked closer

Not just unnecessary but actively damaging, congrats. Good thing this one was 'pretty obvious', I assume if they'd faked it just slightly better you'd be spreading it everywhere and getting the other easily led ranting and raging against the drat muzzies. :cheers:

Maybe if people when they saw a poo poo-stirring post took two seconds to loving think you wouldn't see a lot of what gets people going being spread about, eh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

This is the dumbest timeline

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Not just unnecessary but actively damaging, congrats. Good thing this one was 'pretty obvious', I assume if they'd faked it just slightly better you'd be spreading it everywhere and getting the other easily led ranting and raging against the drat muzzies. :cheers:

Maybe if people when they saw a poo poo-stirring post took two seconds to loving think you wouldn't see a lot of what gets people going being spread about, eh

Yeah totally, thanks, you got me, I'm all about ranting against the drat muzzies, you loving weirdo

I could try and say it came out wrong but I recognize that's weak so I just owned it and apologized but good on younfor dragging it out again

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Labor did a good thing.

quote:

Bill Shorten promises federal anti-corruption watchdog if he wins the next election

Labor will tackle head on the "corrosive" influence of corruption in politics and establish a federal anti-corruption watchdog if it wins the next election, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten has promised in an agenda-setting speech.

The decision to set up a National Integrity Commission - which the Greens and Nick Xenophon Team have long advocated - would cost an estimated $58 million over four years, according to the independent Parliamentary Budget Office, and have the sweeping powers of a royal commission.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...129-p4yz17.html

It’s basically a standing royal commission into corruption.

The minister for giant novelty cheques is against it, obvs.

quote:

Barnaby Joyce: federal Icac unnecessary as Senate has anti-corruption powers

The deputy prime minister, Barnaby Joyce, has dismissed the idea of forming an independent anti-corruption watchdog to oversee federal politics, saying the Senate already performs the function well.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jan/28/barnaby-joyce-federal-icac-unnecessary-as-senate-has-anti-corruption-powers

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That is amazing. I bet that minister felt smug as gently caress when he announced that.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I will open a steakhouse with VR glasses where while you wait for your meal you follow the journey from the cow's perspective from birth to your plate.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

We always said we would just run it over summer, have a look at how it goes,” he told Channel Nine. “It’s had a bit of international recognition, bit of lighthearted fun, lots of kids taking selfies.
Visit embarrassing sydney, home of stale

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

I will open a steakhouse with VR glasses where while you wait for your meal you follow the journey from the cow's perspective from birth to your plate.

This but with death metal playing while you watch.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

MikeJF posted:

man it's awesome that the people in the responses know it's fake but pretend it's real anyway just so they have something to complain about

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

DancingShade posted:

I know just the thing

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Cattle Decapitation

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sparticle posted:

Cattle Decapitation

Temptation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMa2lrFxhY

Works perfectly for the purpose.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

DancingShade posted:

Trip report: the cooked animal muscle was loving great.

I did exaggerate a bit though. I have a vegan friend and he doesn't give a poo poo when I eat a roo burger in front of him. Those anti meat protesters are simple wankers desperate for some sense of self validation.

Protesting doesn’t work

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Like I’ll be honest, what points can you make against the meat protesters that couldn’t be made against any other protest?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

Like I’ll be honest, what points can you make against the meat protesters that couldn’t be made against any other protest?

Easy. It's not even a good cause.

Conversely people protesting against unfair industrial conditions have actual merit.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferryface is getting play internationally-- it's too stupid of a story to not. What a lovely thing to have define your career.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

DancingShade posted:

You don't think animal welfare is a good cause...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Teddybear posted:

Ferryface is getting play internationally-- it's too stupid of a story to not. What a lovely thing to have define your career.

It could only get stupider if, after it was revealed the Transport Minister had picked a name which hadn't won the one hundred thousand dollar popular vote, the Minister decided to give the ferry another name that hadn't won the vote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

quote:

Transport Minister Andrew Constance will rename Ferry McFerryface after popular children's author and illustrator May Gibbs amid questions over the name's popularity in a public poll.
Gibbs, who died in 1969, was the popular children's author and illustrator who created the Gumnut Babies and Tales of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, among other classic Australian books.
This comes after Ferry McFerryface and Mr Constance hit the headlines on Tuesday when it emerged that the name was not ranked in the top six when voting was open to the public in the Name Your Ferry competition in 2016.

At least Gibbs was on the original shortlist. I wonder what Constance has against Ian Kiernan?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/news-corp-campaign-tarneen-onus-williams/

quote:

Surprise: News Corp Is Once Again Waging War Against A Young Person Of Colour

I am deeply saddened to announce that it is time to set the ‘days since News Corp breathlessly waged a smear campaign against a person of colour who said an innocuous sentence they didn’t like‘ counter back to zero. Milking the outrage of credulous racist boomers for every single click that its worth, News Corp’s nest of ideologue columnists and journalists has been prodded several times and pointed in the direction of activist Tarneen Onus-Williams.
Onus-Williams attracted the ire of Murdoch‘s goons over comments (pearl-clutchingly described by The Australian as “expletive-laden“) she made in a speech at Melbourne‘s Invasion Day march. Specifically, they took umbrage with the following section: “We have not organised this to change the date. We have organised this to abolish Australia Day because gently caress Australia. gently caress Australia, I hope it loving burns to the ground.”
Apparently not hugely familiar with the concept of metaphor, The Australian reported on the comments as a quite literal “[call] for Australia to be burnt to the ground“, despite a) how obviously it is not and b) a full-length interview with The Age the following day in which she patiently explained how language works:
"It was a metaphor, not actually a statement to be taken literally. I just want everything, all the governments to fall apart, because our people are dying and nobody cares and the whole system needs to change. The leaders of this country continue to ignore and oppress us. I am sick of our people getting locked up and dying in custody, of our young people suiciding."
But, of course, those printing presses only keep churning as long as there’s someone to vilify that’s a colour that their readers don’t like, so we’ve seen a raft of headlines launched from under the News Corp banner in the last few days: “WAR activists ramp up calls to ‘burn this colony'”, “Aboriginal activist called a ‘hypocritical hater'”, “Burn baby burn – Oz inferno”, “Nation burning’s Tarneen’s onus bonus”, “Invasion Day activist criticised after controversial remarks”, “Call for Invasion Day rally organiser Tarneen Onus-Williams to be sacked from government body”, to name a few.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

They were harassing people eating meat.

Using your logic you should be holding a rally outside a confused Melbourne shoe shop to protest factory conditions in Bangladesh.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

DancingShade posted:

They were harassing people eating meat.

Using your logic you should be holding a rally outside a confused Melbourne shoe shop to protest factory conditions in Bangladesh.

This is a method, not a cause. Their methods are bad, their cause is good.

Which I’ve said like, at least three times.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

It could only get stupider if, after it was revealed the Transport Minister had picked a name which hadn't won the one hundred thousand dollar popular vote, the Minister decided to give the ferry another name that hadn't won the vote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

At least Gibbs was on the original shortlist. I wonder what Constance has against Ian Kiernan?

Well, it's the Libs, and cleaning up Australia is their antithesis.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

This is a method, not a cause. Their methods are bad, their cause is good.

Which I’ve said like, at least three times.

Confusing someone who doesn't like the protest with someone who thinks animal cruelty is good and cool is also bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah it's a fine thing to care about animals and do things about it but direct action like entering a restaurant and yelling implies violence. IMO I think this kind of action is fully sick if that's your plan and you've got the will to hurt someone if it comes to it.

It's super scary when a large group of people start yelling at you apropos of nothing while you're having dinner with your mum or family though. My favourite part is the use of loud speakers to deliver missives in a lovely modern restaurant that probably echoes like a spooky cave while people a meter from the thing cover their ears. Use your lungs, it's not the Volga.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

What did that idiot think would happen after saying those things? I cringed when I saw that clip, what a way to undermine broader support for your cause.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Confusing someone who doesn't like the protest with someone who thinks animal cruelty is good and cool is also bad.

You literally said it isn't a good cause, dickhead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

You literally said it isn't a good cause, dickhead.

Let me scroll up on this page for you.

Zenithe posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DancingShade posted:

Conversely people protesting against unfair industrial conditions have actual merit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If you can't see the difference between protesting industrial award conditions and screaming outside a restaurant because you don't like how animals are farmed in a completely different location then alrighty then.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

DancingShade posted:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

gay picnic defence posted:

What did that idiot think would happen after saying those things? I cringed when I saw that clip, what a way to undermine broader support for your cause.

I don't think news corp would have supported changing the date if she was more polite. They'd have found something to fault in an Invasion Day march regardless. I don't want to blame her because a media empire is intent on making targets out of women of colour who step out of line

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

DancingShade posted:

If you can't see the difference between protesting industrial award conditions and screaming outside a restaurant because you don't like how animals are farmed in a completely different location then alrighty then.

Just read the last few posts again. Please.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I like beef.
We bred them to be food.

The ferry farce has a feeling of iSnack2.0 about it. Manufactured outrage to draw attention.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kommando posted:

The ferry farce has a feeling of iSnack2.0 about it. Manufactured outrage to draw attention.

The worst city in the worst state really doesn't need to draw further attention to just how mind-bogglingly stupid it is though.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

I don't think news corp would have supported changing the date if she was more polite. They'd have found something to fault in an Invasion Day march regardless. I don't want to blame her because a media empire is intent on making targets out of women of colour who step out of line

When someone literally says "gently caress Australia, burn it to the ground", unironically, in public, with a megaphone, to a crowd of people, their gender and race don't come into it.

I think it was a mistake and I wish it had been better separated from the change the date movement.

I support changing the date (and remember being outnumbered in an argument about it in here a few months ago). I think it is important to separate that conversation from a hatred of Australia, because it is basically an impossible argument to win. I think there are things to celebrate and wish we could do it on a day which can be happy for everyone. That's what the message needs to be to succeed. This kind of rhetoric won't help that happen.

Hating Australia is totally valid, and I'm sad and sorry this woman experiences such sorrow living here and for the pain her people continue to experience. I wish her all the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

No like I'm serious, protesting is literally disrupting people's lives and making an impact. I think it's on the shittier end of the spectrum, but the Beef industry at this moment in time is not environmentally sustainable.

If protesting didn't make people feel uncomfortable about their choices or something, or didn't make an impact, then there'd be no point to protesting ever.

JBP posted:

Yeah it's a fine thing to care about animals and do things about it but direct action like entering a restaurant and yelling implies violence. IMO I think this kind of action is fully sick if that's your plan and you've got the will to hurt someone if it comes to it.

It's super scary when a large group of people start yelling at you apropos of nothing while you're having dinner with your mum or family though. My favourite part is the use of loud speakers to deliver missives in a lovely modern restaurant that probably echoes like a spooky cave while people a meter from the thing cover their ears. Use your lungs, it's not the Volga.

Yeah sure the megaphones inside is pretty poo poo, it would also probably disrupt the message.

• Locked thread