Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

he looked very presidential

ya like second only to bill pullman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the whole moon landing challenge also makes him look good

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
who

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

:berned:

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Frijolero posted:

Lookit the loving melon on this guy

You could hit that sucker 100 yards away with a potato cannon.

Pfft... you know how many potatoes it takes to kill an Irishman? None!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ken enn n' edy!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do people like John F Kennedy so much? Not only did he get nothing done in Congress but he also almost blew up the world.

he hosed marilyn monroe

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ogantai posted:

Pfft... you know how many potatoes it takes to kill an Irishman? None!

:eyepop:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i for one am glad lbj killed kennedy and then went on to actually achieve things (and kill a bunch of vietnamese but gotta break a few eggs tbh)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

dems looked themselves in the mirror, took a deep breath and told themselves 'we gotta get more orange'

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i for one am glad lbj killed kennedy and then went on to actually achieve things (and kill a bunch of vietnamese but gotta break a few eggs tbh)

He's top 15

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

For the record I never gave a poo poo about Camelot or the Kennedy's

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lawman 0 posted:

Nobody under 60 should

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Lawman 0 posted:

I actually kinda wonder why even people who wasn't alive when jfk was president seem to know about him and vaguely remember him with fondness

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

vietnam war was what broke america

pretty much everything bad like the cultural wars and reagan and trump somehow had it's origins in the vietnam war

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Typo posted:

pretty much everything bad like the cultural wars and reagan and trump somehow had it's origins in the vietnam war

(it's the boomers)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

let him out!!

nah
Mar 16, 2009

sirhan youre free

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Typo posted:

nixon, so yes

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Typo posted:

I actually kinda wonder why even people who wasn't alive when jfk was president seem to know about him and vaguely remember him with fondness

our figurehead-loving culture and a 24-hour media and entertainment industry, all endlessly amplifying the mythos of an decent-looking youngish guy who gave decent speeches and more or less knew how to act in front of a TV camera

kids grow up hearing about how fondly remembered he is and how much their parents love him, and tend to develop a generic positive association which never really gets tested because they never really have occasion to give a poo poo about JFK the person rather than JFK the cultural meme

kind of like how nobody remembers anything about Nixon aside from Watergate and "I am not a crook", or how no one remembers anything about George W. besides "Mission Accomplished" and "wasn't Trump"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Typo posted:

Our parent never, ever shut up about it as it was a seminal moment in their lives. Because it happened for them, it was therefore an Indelibly Important Moment in History.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Our parent never, ever shut up about it as it was a seminal moment in their lives. Because it happened for them, it was therefore an Indelibly Important Moment in History.

We'll be like that with 9/11. Then again 9/11 actually did have a serious impact on history.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Conan O'Kennedy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

my dad's only experience, as he was 3, was being in my grandparents car trying to go across into mexico for the day, when they got the news on the radio he'd been shot, and the borders were sealed, they couldn't leave the country.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

We'll be like that with 9/11. Then again 9/11 actually did have a serious impact on history.

be a teen, don care

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jan 30, 2018

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do people like John F Kennedy so much? Not only did he get nothing done in Congress but he also almost blew up the world.

He was the Harbinger of Reagan in that he was camera-friendly and gave good speeches, so people felt really good about him after seeing him on tv even though he sucked big time.

Oh and a good portion of the electorate wanted to gently caress him, which helps.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
As with most things, the papists are to blame for Kennedy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The gently caress is camelot

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

The gently caress is camelot

Tis a silly place

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rabble rabble posted:

nixon, so yes

Nixon pretty much created the modern GOP with stuff like the southern strategy and the poor persecuted rich white men with the Silent Majority messaging.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

WampaLord posted:

Tis a silly place

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

WampaLord posted:

Tis a silly place

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
if joe kennedy is such a rising star, maybe he can get out of jfk's dead shadow since thats all anyone's talking about at this point

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

if joe kennedy is such a rising star, maybe he can get out of jfk's dead shadow since thats all anyone's talking about at this point

he has nothing besides that shadow though

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I'm not sure I agree with him about French waiters, but I do agree with having giant rice krispy treats.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the opposition party response to the state of the union has been the sole jurisdiction of so-called "rising stars" for at least as long as i've been politically aware. look at marco rubio or bobby jindal under obama, or jennifer granholm under W (who could never run for president anyway on account of her being a dirty canuck). joe kennedy is just the latest in the long line of soon-to-be has-beens

that said, lol that they chose a Kennedy. the hype that democratic hacks will be spewing for a week will be equal parts hilarious and nauseating

nah
Mar 16, 2009

he just has to not stumble over 15% of his words or drop the n word and the media will fellate him nonstop as a savior. he won't mention anything of substance but who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the only platform political dynasts "deserve" is one where the get their heads cut off infront of a baying mob imo

• Locked thread