Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Washout posted:

As a newbie who got lucky and pulled the Onion Knight Physical and Magic on the last banner should I pull on this one or wait for that FFT banner that's coming? I was saving for that but I could pull once on this and still have 100 by the time the FFT banner comes, or pull twice and still have 50 by then. I can only clear 140's right now and some are too hard, 180s are still a ways off I think, but mostly because I've been using all my stamina farming realms instead of farming orbs for more hones.

I wouldn't even blink before pulling. The banner is stacked from top to bottom. The BSBs are good, the LMs are good, and there are still two of the best 6* relics in the game left. Definitely pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Five dupes and three duds (relatively speaking), but I don't have any of the USBs. This is going to be a tough choice.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Five dupes on banner two, it's actually an easy pass for me. The Tidus stuff would be nice as would Squall LMR, but I'm not particularly attached to most of the characters. Banner 1 actually is more appealing personally for the Kuja/Jecht stuff.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I have a grand total of one Dupe on that banner 2, and I fully expect to draw that If I can get enough Mythril

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Five dupes (All the BSBs except Squall's, OK LMR, Shout), but more importantly I have no mythril. :saddowns:

And no money with which to whale. :saddowns::saddowns:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
6 dupes, one I paid $40 for. :catstare:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have four dupes on that second banner in Tidus chain, OK LMR, Noctis SSB and Yshtola BSB. i think im gonna pull even though thats all my mithril again but gently caress it, always pull

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Tbh unless they radically change the next fest banners I'll probably have drat near as many dupes on all of those as I would here anyway.

There are very few banners nowadays that don't involve dodging a minefield of dupes, but I guess that's the cost of being a long-term player with occasional bouts of really good luck.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

3 dupes on each banner. May pull

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good enough.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Catching back up with JP, the current IX event doesn't add too much; Amarant gets his legend dive, but, ah, still wouldn't exactly call him a top Fire Monk.

Amarant posted:

Amarant LM1: Fire Damage +10%
Amarant LM2: Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery & Trance for 25 seconds
Amarant Trance: ATK and RES +30%, 50% chance to restore 1500 HP to all allies after using a Monk ability
Amarant LMR: When using Monk abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Anything new's on the first banner, so just some quick listings for everything else.

BANNER 1 posted:

Zidane's The Tower [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Thief Ability Boost & Thievery to user
Thievery: 8/12/16 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks when status is removed, with 0/5/8 Thief abilities used during it
Amarant's Tiger Fangs [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, 75% Fire Radiant Shield to party
Kuja USB
Vivi USB

Kuja's Heretic [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark & 45s Doom to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT, Doom Count -3
Defend -> 2~5 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, number of hits is dependent on Doom Counter
Zidane BSB2
Amarant BSB
Vivi BSB2
Eiko BSB

Amarant's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Monk abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Vivi's Mage's Hat [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Zidane LMR2
Kuja LMR
Eiko LMR

BANNER 2 posted:

Zidane USB1
Garnet USB
Eiko USB
Beatrix USB

Zidane BSB1
Garnet BSB2
Beatrix BSB2
Steiner BSB2
Quina BSB

Zidane LMR1
Garnet LMR1
Beatrix LMR
Steiner LMR
Quina LMR

Then straight on to the upcoming V event!

Bartz gets the USB2/UOSB/FSB grand treatment, but the rest of the main cast gets new toys as well.
Also, Galuf gains White Magic 4*.

BANNER 1 posted:

Bartz's Man-Eater [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth Overflow physical attacks (3 x 8.00)

Bartz's Zorlin Shape [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth physical attacks, EX "Four Crystals" to user
EX "Four Crystals": Spellblade Damage +?~100% depending on the amount of Wind, Water, Fire or Earth abilities used, chases with ? single-target Overflow physical attack when the status is removed, damage is equals to ?% of Spellblade damage dealt during it
(so far all of the "chase based on damage dealt during a window" have totaled up to 35% of said damage)
Lenna's Healing Rod [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Guts & 30% Stoneskin to party

Galuf's Triton Hammer [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Earth Limit Chain (150) & 50% Earth Field, ATK +50% to party

Bartz's Armguards [FTSB, +10 ATK] - Quick Spellblade & Spellblade Ability Boost, Instant Cast

Faris's Perseus's Bow [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -50%, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, ATK -40%
Defend -> 2 single-target Fire/Wind ranged physical attacks, DEF -40%

Krile's Black Robe [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, Imperil Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%

Bartz's Gladius [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks
Defend -> 3 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns

Lenna's Nirvana [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal & 40% Reraise to party, MND & RES +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy white magic attacks, MND +15%
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Galuf's Murasame [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Critical = 50%

Krile's Cat-Ear Hood [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Fire abilities
Galuf's Tiger Mask [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Bartz's Maximillian [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Spellblade abilities
Lenna's Crown of Laurels [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party

BANNER 2 posted:

Bartz's Chicken Knife [USSB, +5 SPD & +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth physical attacks, EX "Spellblade Barrage" to user
EX "Spellblade Barrage": ATK +30%, Quick Cast & chases Wind, Water, Fire or Earth Spellblade abilities with 2 or 8 single-target Wind, Water, Fire or Earth physical attacks
Faris's Fairy Bow [USSB, +10 ATK] - 9 random Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Wind, ATK/MAG/MND -50%
Dorgann's Falchion [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, DEF +100% & Sandstorm to user
Sandstorm: After using R1~5 Knight abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks
Galuf's Platinum Hammer [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, En-Earth to user

Bartz's Great Sword [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 2 turns
Defend -> 3 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, ATK & RES +30%

Faris's Artemis Bow [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target ranged physical attacks, Full Breakdown, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target ranged physical attack, MAG -50%
Defend -> Single-target ranged physical attack, ATK -40%

Dorgann's Redoubt [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & DEF +30% to party, Imperil Earth to targets, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Knight Damage +15% for 2 turns
Defend -> 3 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, ATK & RES +30%

Kelger's Avenger [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Physical Blink 1

Exdeath's Demon's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Dark/NE magic attacks, Imperil Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if user is Doomed
Defend -> AOE Dark magic attacks, 45s Doom & MAG +30% to user

Faris's Epaulet [LMR, +10 ATK] - Damage +3/6/9/12/20%, depending on number of stat breaks on target
Dorgann's Bastard Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Galuf's Kenpogi [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities
Kelger's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant user Physical Blink 1
Exdeath's Visage [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Ooo, Galuf gets a chain? Noice.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Four dupes on hero banner:
Ok pUSB, yshy bsb, noctis ssb, Ramza ssb.

Have 100 myth saved.

I can see one pull easy. Maybe a rage pull if the first one sucks. I'm good for fft, so the god banner doesn't excite me much.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I need that Butts Flash Art and I need it now. Holy moly is that a good SB for him.

Gonna pass on both of those Training banners.

Wants from 1:
Chain
CoD bsb2
CoD lmr

2 dupes and 1 non dupe super

Wants from 2:
OK usb2
Tidus USB
Tidus lmr
OK lmr
Squall bsb2
Squall lmr
Ramza LMR

5 dupes and ramza bsb2 and noctis ssb as undesirables, ramza lmr kind of too because of fft soon.

Actually 7 desirables is fairly high, maybe.. hm.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Has his Chain, not USB. Still looks like a great banner, though.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
5 dupes... think I'll pass

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Six dupes on banner 1 and ELEVEN dupes on banner 2. Too bad, that banner 2 could actually pass for a god fest banner any day of the week.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
For those wondering, Bartz now has twelve SSB+ relics, mastering all of them gives him +120 ATK and +5 SPD.

Angeal has one SSB.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Has his Chain, not USB. Still looks like a great banner, though.

Oh, that's even better though since my Teedus is naked. Going to have to sleep on this.

For reference the Godly banner has 6 desirables if I'm counting Ramza BSB2 and it will absolutely not help me beat the final 4* Tiamat. But only 1 dupe.

I'm absolutely pulling on the Godly banner. I've gone out of my way to pass banners with the relics it shares with to make the banner's value as high as possible.

Speaking as a veteran, what's the value of ie. Marche BSB? Would I ever use him without the USB? I don't think so. Or Alma USB? Nice to have, probably never used. Orlando's BSB is +10 atk, Gaff BSB is +10 atk etc.

Does a high dupe count matter if there are enough desirables? That's the question I need to answer.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
In the OP it mentions a reduction in stamina costs for realm dungeons at the start of the month - is that still something that gets done? Will that go live this Thursday and traditionally how long does this reduction last? I'd like to power through the realm dungeons and some of the earlier elite dungeons, hoover up some more stamina gems.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DeadButDelicious posted:

In the OP it mentions a reduction in stamina costs for realm dungeons at the start of the month - is that still something that gets done? Will that go live this Thursday and traditionally how long does this reduction last? I'd like to power through the realm dungeons and some of the earlier elite dungeons, hoover up some more stamina gems.

It happens every time that a Dungeon Update hits - so not tomorrow, but a week after that on the 6th - and it generally lasts a week.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Speaking as a veteran, what's the value of ie. Marche BSB? Would I ever use him without the USB? I don't think so. Or Alma USB? Nice to have, probably never used. Orlando's BSB is +10 atk, Gaff BSB is +10 atk etc.

Does a high dupe count matter if there are enough desirables? That's the question I need to answer.

I brought up Alma USB's general "bleh" status in Discord and got torn apart about how the New Chain Meta in JP (with the 150-cap chains, all of which give ATK +50%) doesn't include Hastega so Alma USB slots in just as well as Rikku USB, just giving Astra (and a mostly useless Reraise) instead of ATK/MAG.

...Except it's also on a healer, and generally you want medicas on your healers.

Regarding banner viability, a dud and a dupe are about equivalent, until you get into the situation where you already have all the dupes you want (which is to say, you have an 8* piece of equipment or enough +element to go around your team) in which case a dupe drops off even further.

A dud relic is still more diversity/stats for your team, even if it's bad SBs or on bad characters. Every character is usable.

Except Angeal.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 30, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Balls, was looking forward to powering through a bunch of dungeons at the end of this week. :( Ah well, next week it is.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

KataraniSword posted:

I brought up Alma USB's general "bleh" status in Discord and got torn apart about how the New Chain Meta in JP (with the 150-cap chains, all of which give ATK +50%) doesn't include Hastega so Alma USB slots in just as well as Rikku USB, just giving Astra (and a mostly useless Reraise) instead of ATK/MAG.

...Except it's also on a healer, and generally you want medicas on your healers.

The main problem with Alma’s USB is that it’s not much more than a high-density ability slot saver and the best general purpose effects are - or will be, in Hastega’s case - replicable by abilities. It’s a NICE convenience swiss army knife, but the only valuable, non-replicable boon it gives is Astra, which is both situational and better used by a healer with Wrath. I figure they meant it to be comboed with her BSB - open with Divine Barrier then devote any further gauge to her BSB. But that’s frankly pretty awkward design and I feel her lack of Wrath acess hampers it further. Maybe it’d work a bit better if they replaced the regen with 3000 HP stock, it’d gain some use as a makeshift Medica that way.

(Replacing Reraise with Last Stand would also go a long way, but that’d hurt Ovelia more than help Alma)

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
4 dupes on that second banner (Cloud USB, Squall and Ysh BSB, Ramza SSB) so I'm pretty sure it's replacing my FFT pull I had allotted. Only 3 dupes on the FFT banner, but a lot more duds, relatively speaking.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

The main problem with Alma’s USB is that it’s not much more than a high-density ability slot saver and the best general purpose effects are - or will be, in Hastega’s case - replicable by abilities. It’s a NICE convenience swiss army knife, but the only valuable, non-replicable boon it gives is Astra, which is both situational and better used by a healer with Wrath. I figure they meant it to be comboed with her BSB - open with Divine Barrier then devote any further gauge to her BSB. But that’s frankly pretty awkward design and I feel her lack of Wrath acess hampers it further. Maybe it’d work a bit better if they replaced the regen with 3000 HP stock, it’d gain some use as a makeshift Medica that way.

(Replacing Reraise with Last Stand would also go a long way, but that’d hurt Ovelia more than help Alma)

It sounds sensible enough to me, but I'll let you know how it works once I get a chance to use her some for hard content.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Bruceski posted:

I've got 7 dupes on that, don't think I can justify a pull. But MAN that's a tasty banner.

I got 7 dupes too, but the other 7 are too tasty for me pass up

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
On the one hand, the mote dungeons are great: since yesterday, I farmed 120 Vit motes for future use on Prompto and maybe one of Ingus or Orlandu.

On the other hand, I need to farm 100 Wis motes to dive Ace and they start on Dark orb daily day.

:negative:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Power up dungeons - do I do anything special to magic pots, or just beat them up?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Just kill them.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

KataraniSword posted:

I brought up Alma USB's general "bleh" status in Discord and got torn apart

Is "torn apart" really how you remember that conversation?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Avalerion posted:

Power up dungeons - do I do anything special to magic pots, or just beat them up?

It's really fun to use the biggest hardest attack you have on them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Is "torn apart" really how you remember that conversation?

Nah, exaggeration.

I still don't see the appeal, but I'll admit that I probably am undervaluing the buff suite. :shrug:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Does anyone know how long Flash tech SBs last? 15 seconds? Hell, for that matter, what about USBs without "EX modes" but named modes, such as Setzer's USB giving you "Gambling Break."

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

iamsosmrt posted:

Does anyone know how long Flash tech SBs last? 15 seconds? Hell, for that matter, what about USBs without "EX modes" but named modes, such as Setzer's USB giving you "Gambling Break."

Don’t have an answer for Flash SBs, but most EX Modes -and- pseudo-EX Modes last 15s. Terra is a known exception with her 25s EX, but I think there may be others with a higher duration.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Rank boosts have been 15 second while the attach stacking has been 25.

"EX modes" are just a bunch of unique buff IDs much like Setzer's "Gambling Break" which is also a unique buff ID. They all last 15 seconds with some notable exceptions. Why is it not called an EX mode then? Hell if I know, but it's the exact same thing.

Sometimes things have different durations inside soul breaks of which Cloud's Ultra Cross Slash is a fine example of. The 100% crit part ("Cross Slash") lasts for 25 while the damage cap break and boost ("EX-SOLDIER") is 15. A more common example would be an en-element quickcycle like Refia's where the "EX-mode" lasts for 15 but the enfire for 25.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I only have 3 dupes from that second sorta-event banner so I'm definitely giving it a pull.

I also kinda want to try a pull on that banner with Chicken Knife because Chicken Knife.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I know screen real estate is an issue, but it'd be nice to have actual timers on some of this poo poo. Or at least have all fights have a timer that could be toggled on and off. It's just too difficult sometimes to keep track of all these buffs/ex modes/etc. once you have a bunch of your team all juggling all these USBs n'stuff.

I have a lot of the top prizes on banner 2, including Tidus CSB, Cloud USB, OK pUSB, Tidus and OK LMRs, and then the lesser prizes of Vaan BSB and Ramza SSB1. I'm still debating a pull though because OK mUSB would be awesome to have, Squall BSB2 is something I've been trying to get, and the other things on there would just be nice to have.

Banner 1 should be a pull since the only thing I have on it is Kefka's BSB2, but my go to dark users are dived Raines, dived Shadow with BSB (wish I could get his USB, but I don't think it ever comes back), and CoD USB/BSB1.

TG Cid's banner makes this a tough choice with only having 100 mythril right now...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

They should at the very least make the magicite timers standard in every battle. I can at least have a decent idea of durations from that. I had to S/L on the Crystal Towers a couple of times because I forgot to re-up Wall on time.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

What's with the os update later February? Finally optimizing for Android?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I also kinda want to try a pull on that banner with Chicken Knife because Chicken Knife.

That’s jp so several months away for us on global I believe. :)

• Locked thread