Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I spent 50 forma during the xp weekend and caught up with all the quests, Hydron can rest for a bit :/

Edit: next weekend, I guess I'll forma Zarr and Pox, along with whatever else I don't have that explodes along with more warframes

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I got that Carrier sentinel but the little fella doesn't seem to do much. Am I supposed to press a button to make him work? Or is there just not much auditory or visual feedback when he's working? I've not noticed him shoot anyone yet, but maybe I gotta be closer.

Is it worth getting Helios too?

Do I need to buy wings? Can I wear them all the time? They look badass. Which wings are best wings?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

alphabettitouretti posted:

I got that Carrier sentinel but the little fella doesn't seem to do much. Am I supposed to press a button to make him work? Or is there just not much auditory or visual feedback when he's working? I've not noticed him shoot anyone yet, but maybe I gotta be closer.

Do I need to buy wings? Can I wear them all the time? They look badass. Which wings are best wings?

What the heck wings are you talking about? Wings for your sentinel? The Naberus arm decos? Wing shaped syandanas?
The sentinel wings are compatible with all sentinels, arm decos and syandanas are compatible with all warframes.

You also need to slot mods in to your sentinel in the arsenal, their behavior is determined by their "precept" mods which have the little sentinel-unique mod polarity. I believe Vacuum has a precept mod polarity but is always active when slotted and also the main advantage of using a sentinel-- upgrade it so you hoover up all the pick-ups within 6 meters of you or whatever. You need to slot the attack mod to have your little buddy attack, and upgrading the attack mod will increase its targeting range.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Did you put mods in him yet? Max the mod Vacuum to gobble up loot. You also need a mod to make him attack things. The mods should have been auto given to you when you finished building him.

Helios is not that useful until you get the unlimited scanner from Simaris. You're much better off with Taxon. You get him from completing an early junction.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What's the Prime stuff I keep seeing? Are those more powerful variants? How do you makes something Prime?

Count Uvula posted:

What the heck wings are you talking about?

Archwings.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 30, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh, then in that case, to answer the questions:

No(t with platinum, you can buy blueprints from a clan dojo), no, only on Archwing-icon missions on the map, and the last one I cannot even tell you because I've not had the experience with more than a few.

What's the Prime stuff I keep seeing? Are those more powerful variants? How do you makes something Prime?

X Prime is usually a sidegrade/slight upgrade (depending on which) on the standard X, and you don't make something Prime, you have to collect separate parts and blueprints to build it because they count as their own unique versions for completion.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from playing this game for a few hours it's that enemies that shield other enemies and flit around in a very random fashion is still the least fun thing in any games ever.

Also I'm great at the bow in stealth, but I'm a loving rear end at it in hectic situations like defense and poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got a kohm riven, it has 133% bullet speed and 250% damage.

The thing was quite silly before, now it's just lol, a single pellet hits for like 800 damage and it shoots up to 80 pellets per second. Extra effective range is nice too

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Hitting Ospreys can be a pain with a bow or other single shot weapon, but later on when you have any sort of AoE it's fun to watch them pop

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Warframe: Every 30 seconds or so, one of the hoses on the orb will get an erection and begin to make a screaming sound. This is normal.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Archwing kinda sucks, sorry bud :smith: It's a lot more fun with an Itzal or Elytron (gettable from the dojo) but there's only like 10 nodes total on the solar system that are archwing and they all give archwing-only rewards so it's not really worth the investment in building one. Its main issue is also that the control scheme is some horrible bastard child of regular Warframe controls and flight sim controls that feels super finicky and gets in the way of shooting things.

That being said it's not totally unenjoyable, and it's decently fun in general to use the archwing on the Plains of Eidolon (which requires a ridiculous amount of investment for a really small pay off.)

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Shame.

What's a good secondary? I use a semi auto rifle as primary so a full auto machine pistol would be nice.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
An orokin catalyst alert is about to start. You probably missed the catalyst reward for the invasion yesterday afternoon, so don't miss this one.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shame.

What's a good secondary? I use a semi auto rifle as primary so a full auto machine pistol would be nice.

Twin Grakata. Build one grakata, level it, build a second grakata, stick them together with the blueprint, now you have 2 assault rifles dual-wielded as your pistol.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How much do you think this is worth on the market goons? I like the Scisco a lot but I'm tempted to flog it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

How much do you think this is worth on the market goons? I like the Scisco a lot but I'm tempted to flog it.

There's a player market? Is that official? I didn't see an option for it in the game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Flipswitch posted:

Are you on PS4 or PC? That's a drat sexy riven.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I really need to figure out kuva farming so i can build the zarr

The harder bounties also drop kuva. A 2-fer if you don't need it 'now'

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Carrier, while it has a good weapon in Sweeper, isn't exactly about shooting by itself. It has a mod called Ammo Case which makes you shoot more by virtue of adding +25% to your maximum ammo and converting any off-type ammo you find into ammo that you can use

You basically never have to worry about keeping topped up or running out of bullets/batteries/whatever when Carrier is around. It even works when it's dead!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Yeah, max out Ammo Case ASAP, same with Vacuum. I also fit my Carrier with the freezing Artax weapon from the Taxon for the ultimate quality of life buddy :keke:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Thinking about getting back into this game but can someone explain to me what they did to focus? I'm used to using my focus power and regaining 4 energy a sec and spamming nova's 4. Which was borderline cheating but seriously fun. Is that no longer possible?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can do that from the start of the mission now, you need to refresh the buff occasionally though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Can't decide if I want Sweeper for Ammo Case or Taxon for Molecular Conversion :<

/fake edit: I'm using Helios Prime with the infinite scanner for now, but... is it worth it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I really like Detect Vulnerability on Helios. It's a +275% damage weakspot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

There's a player market? Is that official? I didn't see an option for it in the game.

There's warframe.market for regular trading and wftrader.com for rivens

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Are you on PS4 or PC? That's a drat sexy riven.
PC mate.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Can't decide if I want Sweeper for Ammo Case or Taxon for Molecular Conversion :<

/fake edit: I'm using Helios Prime with the infinite scanner for now, but... is it worth it?

If you're regularly using guns that chew through ammo like the Soma, Amprex, or Kohm the Ammo Case is a huge help. Otherwise just roll with what you're comfortable with.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan?

PSN is der_ohrwurm

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm shite at valuing rivens; any of these good/worth anything?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
RE: archwings

The Amesha is secretly the best arcwing, don't tell anyone. Everyone (who intends to do archwing) should have one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mobdef is the best aw game mode for exp and farming and amesha is the best at mobdef.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Cheeto posted:

RE: archwings

The Amesha is secretly the best arcwing, don't tell anyone. Everyone (who intends to do archwing) should have one.

I dunno, Itzal is insane. Plus, can you push 4 and fly low and fast over enemies on the plains and do laser air support???

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Amesha is the Trinity of Archwings aka an unkillable healbot.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm shite at valuing rivens; any of these good/worth anything?

I don't know specific price wise but I know Pyrana is supposed to be one of the better secondary shotguns so that's probably worth the most. Unfortunately its heavily slash based so that's not a great roll. Argonak is supposed to be one of the hidden gems and cold + damage is pretty solid for an unrolled. There are a number of goons who really like the latron (despite it not being that great). Dera and amphis are bad and sweeper is a sentinel weapon. You can probably get a few plat but not a ton if you spam trade chat with them asking for offers. You can also check out wftrader.com and compare prices although you can probably get better deals from spamming trade chat.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Akstiletto Prime is king of secondary DPS and it's a full auto akimbo gun pair. Regular Stiletto is in dojo Tenno lab and a decent pair of guns. Aksomati is decent and the younger brother of (regular) Soma. Akzani is also a decent dual auto guns. Like someone already said, Twin Grakata is a good bullet hose. Stubba is also good, like a single version of Twin Grakata but more accurate even if ammo could be a problem in high levels. But Stubba only drops from Ghoul Invasion I think.

Cestra, Furis, Viper and their dual versions are poo poo.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

https://warframe.market/

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

wid posted:

Akstiletto Prime is king of secondary DPS and it's a full auto akimbo gun pair. Regular Stiletto is in dojo Tenno lab and a decent pair of guns. Aksomati is decent and the younger brother of (regular) Soma. Akzani is also a decent dual auto guns. Like someone already said, Twin Grakata is a good bullet hose. Stubba is also good, like a single version of Twin Grakata but more accurate even if ammo could be a problem in high levels. But Stubba only drops from Ghoul Invasion I think.

Cestra, Furis, Viper and their dual versions are poo poo.

Furis has a Syndicate mod that gives it lifesteal, which makes it a useful secondary on high-armor frames. Just spray down a crowd with the mod, and gain all your health back.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The only real bad part about the Furis augment is the six-to-eight week process of having your weapon swap request approved so that you can heal yourself. Great if you can see the future, not so much if you need health now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Mirage is really fun with the augment and lenz. Tried out the mag dump Azima too. That was pretty mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Psion posted:

I dunno, Itzal is insane. Plus, can you push 4 and fly low and fast over enemies on the plains and do laser air support???

don't need to be invincible if you can just sit in cloak while crushing everything in black holes

amesha is probably the best for no-shields AW alerts though