Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I managed to beat o5 and o6 right as maintenance hit. loving hell those fights are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Apparently O5S and 06S has already been cleared. Hopefully the other two will be present more of a challenge for the world firsts.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I really like some of the new pvp gear. Had to snap a couple quick shots right before maintenance for a friend who doesn't get home for another 12 hours.

I was planning on going forward with Dragoon this patch, but I might have to take another look at my casters.

Another vote for the death claw mount being amazing as well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I managed to clear Cid's Wall (Extreme) before maintenance. :dance:

Maybe it's not as bad as I thought. Only took me two tries to get in and there were a lot of people inside once I finished the Solo Duty.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And here I thought I'd sleep in a bit and just do the Ananta stuff before work. This sudden bonus maintenance is going to put me a day behind on getting a giant ridiculous elephant. :saddowns:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Peachy Poo posted:

I really like some of the new pvp gear. Had to snap a couple quick shots right before maintenance for a friend who doesn't get home for another 12 hours.

I was planning on going forward with Dragoon this patch, but I might have to take another look at my casters.

This is caster gear, yeah?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

vOv posted:

The whole "the Echo is what lets you see AoE markers" is just a widespread fan theory that has no lore basis (even though it'd make sense).

The one flaw in this theory is that certain enemies (cyclopses, diresaurs, minotaurs and prob a few others I'm forgeting) don't show markers for...reasons?

EDIT: woke up to maintenance.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bayonetta 3 lookin good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're considering adding a free day to everyone

:toot:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Even though divine benison no longer requires lilies it still uses them up, that's less cool than I was hoping.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Hommando posted:

Even though divine benison no longer requires lilies it still uses them up, that's less cool than I was hoping.

It's exactly like Tetra, it consumes them to shorten the cooldown.

Honestly lilies aren't that big a deal anymore anyway so it's no real skin off my nose.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Samael posted:

Apparently O5S and 06S has already been cleared. Hopefully the other two will be present more of a challenge for the world firsts.

possibly but more than likely this wheelchair emoji group will get everything down within 24 hours.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hommando posted:

That's actually pretty trash. Lame. Just means I'm going to want to hold back on a Beni if I can get a 3 Lily Assize out instead, which is kind against the whole point of making Benison castable without a Lily.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

SpaceDrake posted:

It's exactly like Tetra, it consumes them to shorten the cooldown.

Honestly lilies aren't that big a deal anymore anyway so it's no real skin off my nose.

Being able to shorten the cooldown of benison rules and makes up for that it still eats them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Back up.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

So what do I do with my tomestones of Verity now? There's supposed to be a place to trade them in right? Where do I do that?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yay!

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Somehow 4.2 hosed up my Afterglow 360 controller on Windows 10. It'll work for a second after I unplug/replug but nothing seems to permanently fix it - even uninstalling and reinstalling the controller via windows.

Has anybody else had this issue? I'd like to play this patch but I'd rather not learn a whole new interface for k+m first.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sade posted:

This is caster gear, yeah?

Yeah, the new pvp top and gloves along with Yafaemi pants.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 30, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Welp, guess I can't gently caress with the commode until glamor prisms crash in price

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just.... make some prisms?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thundarr posted:

Just.... make some prisms?

How? I can't find out how to get the recipe

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Notes say you can exchange the old ones for the new one.

edit: just traded in a bunch at a calamity salvager.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 30, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is the recipe for the new prisms not in the same spot as the old ones? I haven't had the chance to look yet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
The two npc's listed as selling the book...dont.

Where do you usually find the recipes? I only have crafters to 15.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Do the GC quartermasters no longer sell them?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"The recipes for each crafting class now correspond to the new glamour prism, rather than being class-specific."

Havent checked myself but thats what the notes say.

edit: The recipe is under 'Other Master recipes'

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

"The recipes for each crafting class now correspond to the new glamour prism, rather than being class-specific."

Havent checked myself but thats what the notes say.

edit: The recipe is under 'Other Master recipes'

Master Recipes?

Is there just a simple step for step on how to make this crap?

Shy posted:

Do the GC quartermasters no longer sell them?

They do, at 200 seals a pop.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Master Recipes?

Is there just a simple step for step on how to make this crap?

They do, at 200 seals a pop.

I believe there's a glamour prism recipe book that gives you them all?

edit: it was a book for each type, one of the master recipe books: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Master_Recipe_Books

There's a quest in mor dhona you need to do as a level 50 crafter.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 30, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lol that's a lot of GC seals for just one. But I already have like 2000 venture coins and I have a bunch of old i310 gear to trade in so I guess I'll jump start a prism stack that way.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
My inventory has been full for two years from glamors, and now to use the glamor commode you have to have an item you can't just buy from a vendor with gil. A little extra for my tastes.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also if you have a level 50 crafter there's no reason to burn GC seals on it if you don't want to. With the undyed velveteen from the sylphs and clear prisms selling for 200 a pop on balmung I can make an obscene amount of profit on each one. Glamour prisms are selling on balmung for like 3.5k right now, and that's gonna go up as the day goes on and people log in and realize they need a stack of glamour prisms to put their poo poo in the dresser.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also if you have a level 50 crafter there's no reason to burn GC seals on it if you don't want to. With the undyed velveteen from the sylphs and clear prisms selling for 200 a pop on balmung I can make an obscene amount of profit on each one. Glamour prisms are selling on balmung for like 3.5k right now, and that's gonna go up as the day goes on and people log in and realize they need a stack of glamour prisms to put their poo poo in the dresser.

Nope, none above lvl20.

So this is for the more well off players, than just anyone who wants glamor to be easier.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rosalind posted:

So what do I do with my tomestones of Verity now? There's supposed to be a place to trade them in right? Where do I do that?

More Donuts.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Nope, none above lvl20.

So this is for the more well off players, than just anyone who wants glamor to be easier.

If you're in the goon guild I'd bet the L O D E S E M O N E I'm making here that some crafter goon would be happy to craft you a stack for the materials. It's 1 clear prism and 2x the appropriate level 30 material (undyed velveteen, steel bars, etc), and the price of those things is close to fixed, although clear prisms are probably gonna go up in price.

Also I'm sitting in the sylphlands next to the vendor with like 6 other catgirls and we're all making glamour prisms like it's a fantasy third world sweatshop except everyone is better dressed than in real world sweatshops.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

If you're in the goon guild I'd bet the L O D E S E M O N E I'm making here that some crafter goon would be happy to craft you a stack for the materials. It's 1 clear prism and 2x the appropriate level 30 material (undyed velveteen, steel bars, etc), and the price of those things is close to fixed, although clear prisms are probably gonna go up in price.

Also I'm sitting in the sylphlands next to the vendor with like 6 other catgirls and we're all making glamour prisms like it's a fantasy third world sweatshop except everyone is better dressed than in real world sweatshops.

Is the sylph one just the cheapest way to craft these? Or do you need a different glamour prism depending on what you want to melt? Also how expensive/hard to get are the mats for the new crafted raid gear?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Is the sylph one just the cheapest way to craft these? Or do you need a different glamour prism depending on what you want to melt? Also how expensive/hard to get are the mats for the new crafted raid gear?

I think as long as you can buy the mats from a beast tribe vendor it's the cheapest one, since stuff like silver has to be mined, so clothcraft and blacksmithing?

And I have no idea about the new crafted stuff, that's too deep in the crafting game for me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

I think as long as you can buy the mats from a beast tribe vendor it's the cheapest one, since stuff like silver has to be mined, so clothcraft and blacksmithing?

And I have no idea about the new crafted stuff, that's too deep in the crafting game for me.

Can you quick synth the prisms?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Maps this afternoon/tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Man, hope I get home in time tonight to price gouge some rubes on glamours. At least now I won't have to keep 6 stacks of them on me at all times.