Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
That was incredible. I was afraid C9 would wilt after losing the Stewie/Karrigan 1v1 and Guardian 2v1 in consecutive rounds to go to double OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i love america

i love skadoodle

i love stewie

i love shroud for leaving

i love this day

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
:911:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
tarik is literaelly the greatest player ive ever seen play

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Up Circle posted:

tarik is literaelly the greatest player ive ever seen play

Between him and Stewie smokes were basically pointless.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jeza posted:

Best Major final ever I think?

Only been watching since MLG Columbus, but I think so.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I took a nap did something happen?

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
:getin:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

grats. thats worth a lot

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Holy crap that was a good game!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fully sick

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

enjoy your new bike. like not even random bike parts, a whole bike

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Push El Burrito posted:

Between him and Stewie smokes were basically pointless.

Looooool

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'm a nerd, but my freedom boner is huge.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/ELEAGUETV/status/957769805284691976

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Was a good major cause Cloud9 beat G2, SK and Faze in Bo3's to win. No cop outs like it was an easy run or they got lucky with draws etc.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

yolandi posted:

Was a good major cause Cloud9 beat G2, SK and Faze in Bo3's to win. No cop outs like it was an easy run or they got lucky with draws etc.

SK fans will complain that SK had to play twice in one day.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Photex posted:

lol this began the second they got beat yesterday

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Photex posted:

Surprising no one, fans of Brazilian teams continue to act generally terrible.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

in fairness to the brazillians for once, we've now had 3 tournaments with one quarterfinal match on the same day as the semis, and all three times that quarterfinal winner has lost in the Semis.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Congrats to NA, winning a major on home turf is a cool storyline

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Post-major roster shuffles already in full swing: North replaced cajunB with mertz from their academy team, and NV are looking to bench xms and replace him with kioshima.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

symbolic posted:

Post-major roster shuffles already in full swing: North replaced cajunB with mertz from their academy team, and NV are looking to bench xms and replace him with kioshima.

Get rid of sixer and force somebody else to captain/igl besides happy. Seems more like a side grade for the team.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

Does that really help either team? I thought cajunB had been one of Norths better players outside of this one tournament, but he is getting old. You would think aizy or even MSL would be on the chopping block before cajun. Or try to steal Jugi away from Heroic and move MSL to coach. Don't know much about the guy replacing him.

Hopefully the NV moves don't stop with just xms, sixer has got to go as well as Happy. Bring on the zywoo + ex6tenz era.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yeah, I have not been a fan of SIXER at any point. I also think MSL should go to a coaching role over benching cajunb. Even if he's on the older side, he's actually been a very stable performer for all of CS:GO unlike many others. Honestly if ages were unknown and you had to swap an aimer, you'd definitely drop aizy over cajun. Dude was always erratic, but he's been looking pretty shaky for a while now. Oh well. It's an age old story of Denmark and France having insanely deep talent pools, yet seem also insanely incapable of keeping stable rosters and getting worthy results.

Even Astralis, the most "stable" of any of them had a pretty woeful Major. Device has been off the boil and gla1ve just looks like an also-ran in most of the games I catch. Denmark is just crying out for an IGL with some fragging power like the FalleNs or, more appropriately, the tariks of this world. Just need Xyp9x to also become total IGL and bring up another crazy aimer.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I'm not sure if the ex6tenz suggestion is genuine, he was never good

also if after all these rumours it turns out VP just does its regular thing and gets another performance spike in August before tapering off into the off-season while everyone else swaps out players, I will have a hearty laugh

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Soooo VP - you don't have any other insider knowledge??????

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Tevery Best posted:

I'm not sure if the ex6tenz suggestion is genuine, he was never good

Anything to get Happy off the team and out of pro CS

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Gotta admit, I've re-watched the end of the major like 5 times now. Man, what an incredible ending.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I've watched it twice, its a drat good grand final

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Yeah, I have not been a fan of SIXER at any point. I also think MSL should go to a coaching role over benching cajunb. Even if he's on the older side, he's actually been a very stable performer for all of CS:GO unlike many others. Honestly if ages were unknown and you had to swap an aimer, you'd definitely drop aizy over cajun. Dude was always erratic, but he's been looking pretty shaky for a while now. Oh well. It's an age old story of Denmark and France having insanely deep talent pools, yet seem also insanely incapable of keeping stable rosters and getting worthy results.

Even Astralis, the most "stable" of any of them had a pretty woeful Major. Device has been off the boil and gla1ve just looks like an also-ran in most of the games I catch. Denmark is just crying out for an IGL with some fragging power like the FalleNs or, more appropriately, the tariks of this world. Just need Xyp9x to also become total IGL and bring up another crazy aimer.

weirdly, I think gla1ve is one of the underrated Danish clutch players (he's about equal to xyp), but his IGL skills are seriously overrated.

he does great counterstrats (the time he destroyed SK in Krakow simply by counterstratting Fallen was really fun to watch) but is really inflexible when he faces a weaker team. Maybe he needs an Imapet style analyst?

I wonder if Xyp losing frag power would be worth it to IGL

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 30, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Famethrowa posted:

weirdly, I think gla1ve is one of the underrated Danish clutch players (he's about equal to xyp), but his IGL skills are seriously overrated.

he does great counterstrats (the time he destroyed SK in Krakow simply by counterstratting Fallen was really fun to watch) but is really inflexible when he faces a weaker team. Maybe he needs an Imapet style analyst?

I wonder if Xyp losing frag power would be worth it to IGL

He has been a solid performer in the past for sure. Although I'd hesitate to put him on a Xyp clutch pedestal. Xyp has about 40% more games than gla1ve and has about 40% more total 1v1 wins which suggests they are similar, but then you can look at the other 1vX stats and see that in that same time Xyp often has more than 200% more in relative terms. For example every other member of Astralis including gla1ve has about 20 1v3s in their entire career, Xyp has nearly 50.

Obviously I don't know Xyp9x's role in team communication, maybe he's just super not into leading in game, but I'd say his playstyle fits being an IGL. He's not often entry fragging, he's often the one laying down the nades and pulling up the rear. It's not like he's the aimstar, so it shouldn't adversely affect his stats to a massive extent. It's not a shox situation where it goes directly counter to his playstyle.

Still, I'm just idly speculating. I think it will depend on the next big event before changes are really considered. They did play most of the tail end of 2017 with stand-ins and missing their star player.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Now North is benching k0nfig and bringing in gade(??).

Mouz rumored to replace STYKO with Dennis. Happy about that move if it's true.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
The old fnatic dennis or the old mousesports dennis?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The good dennis not the bad denis

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Now North is benching k0nfig and bringing in gade(??).

Aizy sold his soul to stay on North, apparently.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Aizy is so bad

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
My new favorite thing to come out of the major:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxRQ5dqVTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mcvey posted:

The good dennis not the bad denis

I was just thinking about dennis during the major, where the hell did he go? I have not heard his name since the big swedish shuffle