Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My agency's last Disney rep got mad at us for not using the Disney approved acronyms. Claimed he couldn't figure out what we were talking about if they weren't the approved ones. Yeah, ok, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hah I believe it. If we so much as forgot to say Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood Studios instead of just AK or HS we’d be in trouble. Disney is weird about that stuff.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I've always enjoyed the pointing

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think the disboards takes it a step too far, though. Stuff like DH (disney husband), DW (disney wife), DS/DD/DFIL, all that kinda nonsense. I'm sure if I wanted to aggravate myself and go over there and read stuff for 10 minutes I'll come up with a dozen.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I always thought that was Dear/Darling. Dear Husband, Darling Son

I post a little in the DVC section of disboards, but I find the other sub forums insufferable most of the time. There can be some decent threads once in a while though.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I hop in the disboards every now and then, but the family acronyms kill me. Is it really that hard to type whatever spouse:kid you have? The Poly/Contemp/GF etc sure.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

My agency's last Disney rep got mad at us for not using the Disney approved acronyms. Claimed he couldn't figure out what we were talking about if they weren't the approved ones. Yeah, ok, dude.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hah I believe it. If we so much as forgot to say Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood Studios instead of just AK or HS we’d be in trouble. Disney is weird about that stuff.

I've run into this a little bit but not as much as there used to be. I think it's maximization of SEO bullshit based on their marketing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's 100% SEO related

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I've always enjoyed the pointing

The Disney point is something that has stayed with me for years. I still do it. I can’t not do it.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Skeezy posted:

The Disney point is something that has stayed with me for years. I still do it. I can’t not do it.

My sister has never worked at Disney and picked it up from all our trips to Land and World. It makes me laugh

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I do believe we were talking about Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Would you like me to book FastPass+ for Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid?

Those are probably my favorite ridiculously named attractions. Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. I draw the line at adding the TMs etc. I have a friend works for Universal and that rear end in a top hat types Universal's Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park every loving time he talks about it on facebook.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I always confuse Journey of the Little Mermaid and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I have to stop and think which is where and which one has an Ariel wig that needs a hell of a good brushing.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
They should have just called it the Ariel Ride and been done with it.
voyage is the show that needs a new dinglehopper

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Under the Sea is called that in honor of 20k Leagues. Which is cool. The Disneyland version is just called Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

It also has a Nautilus Easter egg in the queue and one of the queue songs is "Whale of a tale".

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Speaking of Under the Sea

https://twitter.com/namhmai/status/...nd-lost-her-hea

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I heard it through the grapevine today that BOG will no longer have a dinner service after July 1. No word on what, if anything, will replace it. Breakfast and lunch will not be affected.

There's talk that there may be a kitchen refurb, but I don't have any additional details yet.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

I heard it through the grapevine today that BOG will no longer have a dinner service after July 1. No word on what, if anything, will replace it. Breakfast and lunch will not be affected.

There's talk that there may be a kitchen refurb, but I don't have any additional details yet.

Well, if they can refurb the kitchen to make breakfast and lunch better then more power to 'em.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

nimper posted:

Well, if they can refurb the kitchen to make breakfast and lunch better then more power to 'em.

How is dinner there? I've only ever done breakfast and lunch. I know the Beast goes through, and you can get alcohol, and it's table service, but that's it.

How is the Minnie Van service going? I'm going to try it out for getting from Beach Club to Hoop De Doo next Saturday afternoon. Besides needing to ask the front desk about a code to use their version of Lyft, how prompt are the arrivals? I'm figuring 20-30 min trip.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
How do you request a Minnie van?
Can you request/pay for Minnie van the MDE app? How?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anya posted:

How is dinner there? I've only ever done breakfast and lunch. I know the Beast goes through, and you can get alcohol, and it's table service, but that's it.

How is the Minnie Van service going? I'm going to try it out for getting from Beach Club to Hoop De Doo next Saturday afternoon. Besides needing to ask the front desk about a code to use their version of Lyft, how prompt are the arrivals? I'm figuring 20-30 min trip.

Dinner is the best and is much much better. Probably the best meal in MK. We both agreed it was a tier up from Cinderella's Royal Table.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Lincoln posted:

They utilize the Lyft app but you need a code from the front desk to request Minnie Van services from within Lyft if I remember correctly.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
Are there plans for Minnie Vans to open up for general use as opposed to only for deluxe resort guests? I was pretty bummed when I couldn't request one while staying at the Dolphin for a conference in November.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Lincoln posted:

Download the Lyft app then go to the concierge at your hotel and have them enable the Minnie Van service (they have to enter a code). Last I was there it was only available at the deluxe hotels.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a small team from what I hear, but I'm sure they plan on having it go resort wide and be handled through MDE.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Anya posted:

Will echo that BOG dinner was fantastic last time I tried it. All around great experience and the Beast meet & greet is a plus.

Lunch was... not great. The ordering experience is cool and good but the food is terrible.

Haven't actually tried breakfast but I've heard that it's only good for getting you on 7DMT quicker.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I've only had breakfast and lunch at BOG and I liked both experiences. Lunch food is not outstanding but is decent. Breakfast is ridiculously priced but the food wasn't bad.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
What’s the benefit to Minnie Vans over normal Lyft service?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

I've only had breakfast and lunch at BOG and I liked both experiences. Lunch food is not outstanding but is decent. Breakfast is ridiculously priced but the food wasn't bad.

I guess I will amend my statement to say that lunch wasn't "terrible" but instead "aggressively mediocre"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

santanotreal posted:

Direct drop off at MK instead of monorail station for one.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

Are there plans for Minnie Vans to open up for general use as opposed to only for deluxe resort guests? I was pretty bummed when I couldn't request one while staying at the Dolphin for a conference in November.

They expanded to Saratoga and Caribbean Beach yesterday, so probably just a gradual roll out.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The gray stuff at BOG really is delicious

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

santanotreal posted:

Drop off at parks are closer, they're all vans for extra seating and I believe have car seats. And they have a polka dot wrap.

We just did regular lyft getting around and unless you're traveling from one edge of property to the other, it's about half the price incl tip.

Now if you want to take it to the airport, minnie vans will run you $150. We paid $22.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I found dinner at BOG disappointing. Just not as good as other full service locations in the resort.

The lunch is the best QS at WDW, though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I thought dinner was ok but u don't have much desire to go back. I prefer skipper canteen for in MK dining, but honestly I'd much rather eat at a lot of the restaurants outside the parks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

couldcareless posted:

I prefer skipper canteen for in MK dining, but honestly I'd much rather eat at a lot of the restaurants outside the parks.

I forgot about Skipper, which I agree is probably the best dinner spot in MK. Also agree that MK dining is pretty weak for dinner, compared to basically everywhere else on property.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Skipper owns and BOG lunch is great, haven't done dinner. Pecos Bill isn't half bad but nothing special. I get that they have to cater to the chicken nuggets and fries crowd but I hope they go further with better dining at MK over the next few years.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I’ve always been pleased with my lunches at BOG. This will be my second breakfast, but when it’s just me- I’m there more for the ambiance and relaxing in the morning.

Yeah the big benefit I’ve heard is being able to be dropped off in places Uber and Lyft can’t go, like in front of pioneer hall for HDD. Which is excellent since that’s my whole plan. And at park closing, since they don’t do surge pricing for Minnie Vans.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Skipper's Canteen is real good.

We went to Liberty Tree Tavern a few weeks ago and it was a great experience though. We were both physically and mentally exhausted, it was a little chilly outside, then we went inside and loaded up on warm and filling protein. Maybe I like Skipper's more, but that giant plate of meat is exactly what I needed at that moment and it really hit the spot.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Renegret posted:

Skipper's Canteen is real good.

We went to Liberty Tree Tavern a few weeks ago and it was a great experience though. We were both physically and mentally exhausted, it was a little chilly outside, then we went inside and loaded up on warm and filling protein. Maybe I like Skipper's more, but that giant plate of meat is exactly what I needed at that moment and it really hit the spot.

I would do Skipper’s Canteen any day.

But I’ll never go back to Liberty Tree Tavern after my last experience, what a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

poolside toaster posted:

I would do Skipper’s Canteen any day.

But I’ll never go back to Liberty Tree Tavern after my last experience, what a joke.

Why?