Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andy Dufresne posted:

I see $9,900.00-$9,900.01 for the last minute

But now under as of this post time
9858 on Bitstamp :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
You guys are crazy this is just one big elaborate bear trap designed to deface the no coiners. When bitcoin rises up once again, then you will truly see what the future currency is.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Wheeeeeee

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

$9770 on GDAX. It's dropping like a rock.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
The good news is, with how obvious the bitcoin crash is, I can safely secure my portfolio against the next stock crash.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
GDAX Status: Partially Degraded Service

lol crash you bitch website

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

$9770 on GDAX. It's dropping like a rock.

look at all the buywalls come up and come down immediately lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmao it peeked above 9900 for just a sec

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Bitfinex $150 higher than the others because of course it is

e: make that $200

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
and were about to cross over 10k. this crash is boring

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Tether printer is gotta be warming up. Although that subpoena is sitting right next to it. Choices, choices.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Rad Russian posted:

Tether printer is gotta be warming up. Although that subpoena is sitting right next to it. Choices, choices.

Apparently they've had the subpoena since the 6th of December. Hasn't stopped them yet.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sell all those butts and hodl tethers! It's the safest thing to do right now!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soylent Yellow posted:

Apparently they've had the subpoena since the 6th of December. Hasn't stopped them yet.

it'd be funny if they prosecuted him in absentia and coiners kept on trading tether. i bet thats happened already though somehow because bitcoin.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
BRB starting a go fund me page about how I lost millions in Bitcoin trying to stop the crash and I need donations in order to not go homeless.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

joats posted:

The good news is, with how obvious the bitcoin crash is, I can safely secure my portfolio against the next stock crash.

stop spreading fud, the stock market is never going to crash

up Up UP!

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Tether article today:
http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...e92847a0b59a23b

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I like watching these big spoofed buy walls appear and then disappear over and over on GDAX

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

oh poo poo they quoted divabot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lol what a load of poo poo this is, and people still buy it. sucker born every min

quote:

Over the weekend, Bitfinex confirmed speculation it had severed ties with its auditor, Friedman LLP, which had earlier scrubbed all references to Bitfinex from its website. “We confirm that the relationship with Friedman is dissolved,” a spokesman told industry website CoinDesk.

“Given the excruciatingly detailed procedures Friedman was undertaking for the relatively simple balance sheet of tether, it became clear that an audit would be unattainable in a reasonable time frame.

“As tether is the first company in the space to undergo this process and pursue this level of transparency, there is no precedent set to guide the process nor any benchmark against which to measure its success.”

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Moxxis Endowment posted:

:toxx: bitcoin will not go below 9900 today for more than 1 hour

:bisonyes:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

They get to the point quickly:

quote:

BITCOIN could crash up to 80 percent if it turns out the price has been artificially pumped up by controversial crytpocurrency tether, analysts have warned.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

lol what a load of poo poo this is, and people still buy it. sucker born every min

lol that quote is great, there has never been a successful audit in the cryptocurrency space so who's to say that firing all of your auditors over and over isn't a kind of success?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

QuarkJets posted:

lol that quote is great, there has never been a successful audit in the cryptocurrency space so who's to say that firing all of your auditors over and over isn't a kind of success?

its impossible to quantify assets and debts therefore

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Above 10k again. Bitcoin is real

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Yeah that got me too. How about success being you actually do have a dollar held in an account for every tether as you claim.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Burt Sexual posted:

its impossible to quantify assets and debts therefore

It takes unprecedented technical know-how to look into a normal fiat based company bank account and say whether it has 1:1 of USD compared to the reported number tether printed. No auditor can handle this because of how complicated crypto is.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

who else played this bounce? :getin:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Uranium 235 posted:

shaping up to be a double dribble

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I'm just waiting for May.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

What happens in May?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
Oh poo poo Alpha Mayonaise was right
Market is crashing
BTC GOING TO ZERO
SELL NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Uranium 235 posted:

Oh, totally, man.

Made so much money, you wouldn't believe it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Is it a good idea to sell blood/plasma to buy btc in this dip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Facebook suspending ads related to cryptocurrency, "to protect against scammers":

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/30/16950926/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-bans-crypto-advertising-bitcoin-james-altucher