Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

JB did all the final edits for British Bootcamp on a laptop flying back and forth between Nashville and London.

I cannot stress what a hardworking dude he is.

Wait really

That’s actually pretty impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

44 replies in the TNA thread what's th....GODDAMNIT THAT COMPANY HAD A FAMILY!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Borash was like the one consistently good thing in TNA so of course they don't even have that anymore

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

legit loving lol
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/958348123335741440

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I made up the new poll asking what the hell happens next, I never once considered the possibility that JB Jeremy Borash of all people would jump ship. Holy poo poo.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Been pretty sick, head feels big as a watermelon. Oh, lots of replies in the TNA thread, wonder what --

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Amusing twitter name too

(Jacob Cohen is Rodney Dangerfield's real name)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

With how financially dead TNA has been for pretty much all of it's existence this means that Anthem either can't afford to pay him or that they lowballed him past the point of no return on a new contract. The latter implies the former but considering that they are still dumping money into TNA it's probably the second.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 30, 2018

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm very confused. I thought they packed up shop to Canada to save money but now they're back in the Zone. And along the way they're losing every single person with a name. Storm, EC3, Lashley, etc. Even dudes with nothing else going on like Chris Masters quit. What's the plan here exactly?

Also, how are they affording Alberto? Do they have a line on some premium coke or has he literally burnt every other bridge in the industry?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Tato posted:

I'm very confused. I thought they packed up shop to Canada to save money but now they're back in the Zone. And along the way they're losing every single person with a name. Storm, EC3, Lashley, etc. Even dudes with nothing else going on like Chris Masters quit. What's the plan here exactly?

Also, how are they affording Alberto? Do they have a line on some premium coke or has he literally burnt every other bridge in the industry?

Presumably he can't get on US TV without being on Impact because he has burned the WWE/LU bridges and Impact have blown a fuckton of money to have him there so they can't really afford anyone else of note.

I'm sure basing their company around a volatile cokehead is going to work out just fine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh, LU would probably take him at this point if they could afford him, but season 4 is apparently being funded by a piggybank, the change in Robert Rodriguez's couch and an IndieGoGo, so...

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, LU would probably take him at this point if they could afford him, but season 4 is apparently being funded by a piggybank, the change in Robert Rodriguez's couch and an IndieGoGo, so...

He was already in LU and if i recall they had their fill of dealing with his nonsense.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 31, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

He was already in LU and if i recall they had their fill of dealing with his nonsense.

IIRC, he walked because he wasn't the show's main focus after they suggested he would be

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So Borash did all the leg work for British Boot Camp also right? Like he was the one arranging everything on TNAs end?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

So Borash did all the leg work for British Boot Camp also right? Like he was the one arranging everything on TNAs end?

Not just the leg work, he was editing video and stuff. The whole thing was him. I'm not sure if he picked talent but that show produced Spud, Noam Dar, Kay Lee Ray, Nikki Cross, and Marty Scurill among others.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol Rockstar Spud is the new 205 Live GM

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah but Spud is good and cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

JB and Spud, AJ Styles and Bobby Roode, Broken Matt Hardy and ECIII.... at Wrestlemania this year Eugene is going to return during the Triple H/Steph tag match, then pull off his face to reveal he was actually Dixie Carter all along and she's taken over!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Y'know, Homer, the WWE Network turned into TNA so gradually, I hardly even noticed!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Impact Zone is now a darkened room, the lights turned off by JB Jeremy Borash, with only a lonely Chris Abyss Park Parks Mitchell Milkman doing solo bumps into thumbtacks over and over again.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Y'know, Homer, the WWE Network turned into TNA so gradually, I hardly even noticed!

It helps that real life is a shade more ridiculous than professional wrestling right now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Testekill posted:

Yeah but Spud is good and cool.

his name is actually Drake Maverick

and everyone chants Spud

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

and everyone chants Spud

And the commentators murmur,"Of course known previously as rockstar... rockstar spud...."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For as much as people poo poo on TNA's production over the years the story on Borash has always been that from like Day 1 he was busting his rear end to teach himself everything about production and move TNA every little step forward he could. Everything I've ever read about him made him sound like one of the most hard working, loyal, and good natured people in wrestling.

I don't know where he fits into WWE's corporate structure where there's professionals who know how to do the stuff he was teaching himself. But the old saying is if you can't find a place for someone like him then its your failure.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

exploded mummy posted:

We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
People poo poo on TNA, not the people who worked hard for them. I think everyone knows Borash did a lot. AJ did a lot. Daniels did a lot. Don West did a lot! The legacy of TNA is that they always poo poo upon and sold out the people trying their most to make something of the promotion just to sniff the farts of anyone who promised them bigger. gently caress this guy who works his rear end to the bone, we got Val Venis! Job him out!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

People poo poo on TNA, not the people who worked hard for them. I think everyone knows Borash did a lot. AJ did a lot. Daniels did a lot. Don West did a lot! The legacy of TNA is that they always poo poo upon and sold out the people trying their most to make something of the promotion just to sniff the farts of anyone who promised them bigger. gently caress this guy who works his rear end to the bone, we got Val Venis! Job him out!

I definitely poo poo on some of the people who worked hard for them because some of them did an extremely bad job.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't mean that as a "people poo poo on TNA/TNA people" thing. I mean, a lot of that lovely production people mocked was lovely because it was being done by a guy busting his rear end to try and figure out how to do it. That's a condemnation of TNA for not hiring proper talent, but its a testament to Borash and how hard he worked and his ability to teach himself what he needed to know to do jobs he really wasn't qualified to do. That's a guy who deserves a solid place in the business.

Or really, he'd probably be better off outside the business but you can't get everything.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

JB and Spud, AJ Styles and Bobby Roode, Broken Matt Hardy and ECIII.... at Wrestlemania this year Eugene is going to return during the Triple H/Steph tag match, then pull off his face to reveal he was actually Dixie Carter all along and she's taken over!

Also Bobby Lashley

Goddamn they don't have anyone left do they?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 31, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RZApublican posted:

Also Bobby Lashley

Goddamn they don't have anyone left do they?

Alberto, Brian Cage and John Hennigan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All those years of people thinking TNA had no talent WWE would ever want to touch... now they're poaching announcers. Abyss has to be lonely.

Did Crazzy Steve ever get a contract?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

STAC Goat posted:

All those years of people thinking TNA had no talent WWE would ever want to touch... now they're poaching announcers. Abyss has to be lonely.

Did Crazzy Steve ever get a contract?

According to Wikipedia he did a tryout at the Performance Center last June. Nothing after that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he shows up on NXT in the next few years

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, there were reports they opted not to sign him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

medicals

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jerusalem posted:

The Impact Zone is now a darkened room, the lights turned off by JB Jeremy Borash, with only a lonely Chris Abyss Park Parks Mitchell Milkman doing solo bumps into thumbtacks over and over again.

New season of Twin Peaks looking good.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

RZApublican posted:

According to Wikipedia he did a tryout at the Performance Center last June. Nothing after that, but it wouldn't surprise me if he shows up on NXT in the next few years

Yeah I think they found out/he told them that he's legally blind and they opted not to sign him

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Crazzy Steve is legally blind. e;f,b

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Troxartas posted:

Yeah I think they found out/he told them that he's legally blind and they opted not to sign him

Xerzes posted:

Crazzy Steve is legally blind. e;f,b

Ah, that makes sense, it would be a pretty big safety concern having a legally blind guy wrestle on TV on a weekly basis. Not that that stopped TNA, of course :v:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

exploded mummy posted:

If he's on 205 Live, then who's going to stop Mega Volt and Quackerjack's reign of terror?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT never asked Steve about it and he didn't tell until tryout day.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/958519585929560065