Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Istvun posted:

Well, like an idiot I bought into the latest edition of this hellgame. Is it still bainwinkle that people use, since I remember using that once.

Sort of. Brainwinkle hasn't been updated for Dom5, so some things are hosed up. People are using a combination of that, discord, and snek.earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Sort of. Brainwinkle hasn't been updated for Dom5, so some things are hosed up. People are using a combination of that, discord, and snek.earth.

Gon's lobby bot works. Can use that instead of brainwrinkle

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Working on more sprites. The icebergs must be bigger!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ice sperg

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

ice sperg

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Decrepus posted:

ice sperg

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

note: the people mentioning discord are trying to trick you, the real action is still happening in shady irc back rooms

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
fine i'll just do all my talking through ingame chat

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
hi this is the post where i recruit people to play the 14+ player game on l0ki/lowkey's THE PANKOR SYSTEM map as depicted below.  

This game will be direct connect, hosted on the snek.earth servers.  To register you MUST connect to the discord https://discord.gg/F495kSZ
Once you're in, !register [nationname] pankor to secure your spot.  Once we're full  the server will go into upload mode.

BANNED Ermor, Pangaea
Players: 14+
Required ascension points 14, or 2/3 of thrones to win.
Thrones 14 at 7x1 4x2 2x3
Renaming 1
unlimited artifact forging
Cataclysm starts on turn 69

Normal Adult Human fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 31, 2018

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
That map looks hilarious. I wouldn't call myself totally new, so I understand why everyone hates Ermor, but what does Pangea do that gets them banned? I've never played them.

*Also a bonus extra question, what does Allow multiple artifacts per turn do? Does it let me have one guy forge a bunch at once, how would I even tell him to do that with in the forge UI?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I just want that map :popeye:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DarkAvenger211 posted:

That map looks hilarious. I wouldn't call myself totally new, so I understand why everyone hates Ermor, but what does Pangea do that gets them banned? I've never played them.

*Also a bonus extra question, what does Allow multiple artifacts per turn do? Does it let me have one guy forge a bunch at once, how would I even tell him to do that with in the forge UI?

it's how snek defines unlimited artifact forging

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
unlimited artrifact forging is 2 guys can forge 2 artifacts, where as by default you are only allowed to forge one artifact per turn per nation.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Normal Adult Human posted:

hi this is the post where i recruit people to play the 14+ player game on l0ki/lowkey's THE PANKOR SYSTEM map as depicted below.  

This game will be direct connect, hosted on the snek.earth servers.  To register you MUST connect to the discord https://discord.gg/F495kSZ
Once you're in, !register [nationname] pankor to secure your spot.  Once we're full  the server will go into upload mode.

BANNED Ermor, Pangaea
Players: 14+
Required ascension points 14, or 2/3 of thrones to win.
Renaming 1
unlimited artifact forging
Cataclysm starts on turn 69

where is this map i want it

CrimsonWolf
Aug 4, 2007

map is awesome as I am playing in a game on llamaserver with it.

Also Pan is OP.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

What do they do? I checked out the nation and unit descriptions and nothing really stands out to me immediately.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

What do they do? I checked out the nation and unit descriptions and nothing really stands out to me immediately.

look at their national spells, and also their units.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that make Pangea very strong:

- Some of the best sacred troops
- Excellent regular troops
- Excellent mages that can also generate solid freespawn (only drawback is cost, really)
- Almost everything is stealthy
- They have seducers (that work well as assassins if the seduce attempts fail)
- If not the best, then some of the scouts in the game, recruited from whatever forest you stumble upon
- Blood access

and I'm sure someone can fill in a handful of just as important things that I've forgotten.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
To try to convice more people to join discord, I'm introducing my bot:

it's nearly ready for release, it's now basically feature complete and there's just bug fixes to go.

It keeps track of turns, sends you messages when they happen, will show you who has submitted or not (as well as other game state like turn timer, who is AI, etc), and who is registered to each nation so you can message them.

Commands:
code:
!add <address:port> [<alias>]
    - save the dom5 server address
!list
    - return a list of the saved server addresses and aliases
!delete [<alias>]
    - remove the server address from the list
!details [<alias>]
    - return a list of the nations and their statuses in the game
    - need the first part of the nation for example "arco" or "t'ien"
!register nation_prefix [<alias>]
    - register yourself as a nation in a game
!unregister [<alias>]
    - unregister yourself in a game
!turns:
    - show all of the games you're in and their turn status
!notifications {true, false}
    - enable/disable turn notifications (on by default)
!lobby {EA/MA/LA} <num_players> [<alias>]
    - open a game lobby
!{item, spell, unit, site, merc, event} <text>
    - get dom5inspector search url
!start <address:port> [<alias>]
    - register a started server for a lobby game
!help
    - display this text
n.b. if you are in a channel with the same name as the alias then you don't need to include it, and "!details" "!register <nation>" etc all work.

The code is here and anybody else is welcome to host a version for their own discord server and/or submit code or feature requests.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 31, 2018

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

DarkAvenger211 posted:

My understanding is that Pan has a little bit of everything:

Pan econ: half price buildings and gemcost for forts, so you can mass mans fastet. Potentially nigh unsiegable forts since mass freespawn maenads repair well. Pretty sure they can still bloodsac, too, so spreading dom is no problem.

Pan army: generally strong blessmans are an option. Sneaking armies in to an enemy and headshotting half their territory away in a single turn is another. Centaurs are passable thugs, enabling even more sneaky deeky shenanigans. Dryads can headshot or steal enemy commanders. Failing those, maenaddeathscream.wav has a very real and damaging psychological effect during replays. Also, harpies will reliably put eyes in every province, so you get a great information advantage.

Magic: Diversification is as easy as polymorphing pans. Or Dryads bringing the boys home. You also get blood out of the box, too, though some pretender help might be necessary to break hard into B. Pan mages are extremely strong N casters, and can be kitted to hit most of the N globals without pretender help.

Most nations only get a fraction of these features.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nuclearmonkee posted:

where is this map i want it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QVnOLMOT17gAW54ycQtBnbxlw98cQHED/view

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

update: game is half full.
taken nations:
MA Arcoscephale
MA Eriu
MA Mictlan
MA Agartha
MA Asphodel
MA Vanheim
MA Nazca
MA Ys
MA Ulm

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Ah ok. I have a hard time seeing the bigger picture stuff from outside of a game. But if I was in a game as/against pangea I'd probably have seen it by now. Their Sacreds are just the White centaurs right?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Ah ok. I have a hard time seeing the bigger picture stuff from outside of a game. But if I was in a game as/against pangea I'd probably have seen it by now. Their Sacreds are just the White centaurs right?

Yeah white centaurs, they can run quickness bless or regen bless and be stupidly effectively.

Also, yeah being able to throw gems to get a fort up is lol

They don't need to research said spell, it costs only N gems which Pan will have a fuckton of anyway.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
dryads are also sacred, sacred assassin mages. with awe.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

also pan has access to extremely stupid national spells that do huge aoe fear , as well as having 6 nature gems a turn

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

also pan has recuperation on every unit and mage they can recruit. also all of their troops and probably mages are undercosted from what autocalc would put them at, very steeply so

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Seriously, though, didn't we have goon testers on the dom5 beta telling Illwinter about poo poo like this? Or did the devs glaze over that report/listen to the pubbies?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Seriously, though, didn't we have goon testers on the dom5 beta telling Illwinter about poo poo like this? Or did the devs glaze over that report/listen to the pubbies?

We did, so they nerfed Asphodel and buffed Pan.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Pan seems balanced to me. idk.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Ramc posted:

Pan seems balanced to me. idk.

panlord spotted. MA is probably okay enough to play EA is just lmao. LA is fine.

did u try playing with the aoe 25 level 0 spells you get. i was just loving around and with that you can pretty much kill everyone because you have research 0 pbaoe 25 tangle vines/fear/mrn 31 *AN* stun that only hits enemies lol. 50% of heirophants can do this natively while leading centaur

doesn't matter what troops you use or anything even. no bless required. thats on top of being pan and having forts that don't cost money.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 31, 2018

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
registration for DOM IN ONS: 5OULSTORM IN THE PANKO SYSTEM is closed. thank u 4 ur support.

upload your pretenders you stupid pieces of poo poo.

jabokiebean
Dec 30, 2012
posting for the goon game service. i'm a real human or whatever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just FYI: (7*1) + (4*2) + (2*3) = 13

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Just FYI: (7*1) + (4*2) + (2*3) = 13

its 10 + 5 + 4 now i think

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not even playing I just couldn't let a minor error slip by uncommented-on

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
how do you feel about the solution to that equation being 21

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

how do you feel about the solution to that equation being 21

I feel that you're probably bad at blackjack.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
14 throne points out of 21 are required to ascend and win the game, right? The total number of thrones (13) Leperflesh mentioned having nothing whatsoever to do with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
69 points to win IMO