Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

i had fun getting mad at people in league in the past

you also like the canucks on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nightgull posted:

Of the upcoming rotation, I'm most excited to try Evelyn, Kalista, and Galio. Any tips for those would be appreciated, as well as any recommendations for champs similar to Urgot, Illaoi, Darious, and Ornn.

Evelynn needs to either get early kills or power farm because if you can get fed on her she can do some disgusting things provided you can hit your charms.

Galio lately has been going full AP because his magic shield gives him enough lane tankyness than you won't be punished for it often. I've seen Galio's take a Zoe paddle to the face and not even lose all their shield.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nightgull posted:

I do like that bard actually gets damage and experience for simply roaming, whether he gets kills or not. My favorite dota support was Venomancer mainly for his roaming potential, I'm looking forward to trying bard when he's available.

Of the upcoming rotation, I'm most excited to try Evelyn, Kalista, and Galio. Any tips for those would be appreciated, as well as any recommendations for champs similar to Urgot, Illaoi, Darious, and Ornn.

If you like being a tanky brawly shithead similar to Ornn who dumps a fat bunch of CC on people who get in his face and an ult with a disgustingly low cooldown and excellent engage potential: Try Sion.

If you like Illaoi/Darius' style of "Bully the enemy laner until the jungler comes up, and then 2v1 the enemy top and jungler", may I tell you about the wonderful world of Yorick?

Monathin fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 30, 2018

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm a bronze scrub but spamming yorick to ~75% win rate this season after 34 games. He is fun:

https://gfycat.com/tinyidolizedbobolink

https://gfycat.com/rigidfearfulbinturong

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

How did you guys not tell me about Akali!

Friendship with Irelia ended

Akali is my new best friend.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
That champion is a broken piece of poo poo

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Asol jungle

gross

fatal oopsie-daisy fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 30, 2018

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What the poo poo I thought ryze was good right now? Or is it cos he sees a lot of pro play so people try and fail consistently

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
he require mechanics, decision making, team coordination and game sense to play well, all of which solo queue players lack in abundance

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Popularity in pro is almost a nerf in itself as people will just hear something's OP without ever actually thinking about why. So they try to all in at L2 and get fuckstomped because Ryze takes a while to fully come online.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the kind of people who pick something because its popular in pro are usually the worst people on earth

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Asol jungle

gross

It always pops up, there's like just enough people playing it for it to be on a stats site.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
What is amove

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Attack move.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

What is amove

Attack move. You press A and click the ground, and it will move you toward that location until something is in range to attack, then you'll attack it. There's a lot more technical stuff you can do with it too, but it's primarily good for chasing into bushes and such.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm proud to report that my main metric for my skill, how often i die in a game, has dramatically improved from even a month ago. Also I'm going to start streaming my progression from trashman to slightly better trashman

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

It always pops up, there's like just enough people playing it for it to be on a stats site.

Asol isn't even in the jungle for those recorded games, since he doesn't have smite. He's the midlaner but he roams so often the algorithm decides he's a jungler.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol

https://twitter.com/RoryAlderton/status/958070774954303488

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

league of legends. migos. karthus. need i say more?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm proud to report that my main metric for my skill, how often i die in a game, has dramatically improved from even a month ago. Also I'm going to start streaming my progression from trashman to slightly better trashman

surviving is cool, but there is no shame in dying for a good cause. needless deaths are the problem. if you trade 1-1 when the jungler shows up this can be better than not dying and letting them gang up and gently caress up your tower for instance, but judging these sorts of things is really hard to do except in hindsight

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Holy drat I'd love that animation

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

How Rude posted:

Asol isn't even in the jungle for those recorded games, since he doesn't have smite. He's the midlaner but he roams so often the algorithm decides he's a jungler.
I've seen him as a legit jungler in diamond a few times. Would not recommend unless you're already an asol master though.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
DOesnt someone in this thread work for riot. I seem to remember that from a long time ago. I've been lurking for years.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Nightgull posted:

DOesnt someone in this thread work for riot. I seem to remember that from a long time ago. I've been lurking for years.

They don't stop by anymore as people couldn't stop tripping over themselves to be the edgiest ironiposter at riot man

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Plus he doesn't even work on League anymore. I think he's on their Stone Hearth side product or whatever it's called.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

el dingo posted:

They don't stop by anymore as people couldn't stop tripping over themselves to be the edgiest ironiposter at riot man

Who was it? I'm looking to get into the industry and I've been trying to get people's opinions on working for various levels of company.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There are at least three riot people who post/posted here

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 31, 2018

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Reality Loser posted:

There are at least three riot who post/posted here

Brackhar is the only one who's posted with any regularity but the last time he was in thread people told him to gently caress off for some reason so he did.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Nightgull posted:

hi my name is david "phreak" turley

you might remember me from my jungle sivir spotlight

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Nightgull posted:

A number of goons work for Riot. They wisely do not post in this thread or the Discord server because some goons have to try and dunk on them for :???:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Brackhar is the only one who's posted with any regularity but the last time he was in thread people told him to gently caress off for some reason so he did.

he designed nidalee so he deserves what he gets

also he stole my manamune idea and ive yet to receive a royalty check

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Goons...goons never change.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Endorph posted:

he designed nidalee so he deserves what he gets

also he stole my manamune idea and ive yet to receive a royalty check

He designed Anivia and Cassiopeia too, so :fuckoff:

Old Cassiopeia was blast to play, I can't seem to get my head around new Cass tho :smith: I don't even want to think about trying her with the new targeted spell aggro mechanics

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Don't forget Janna

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

league of legends. migos. karthus. need i say more?

surviving is cool, but there is no shame in dying for a good cause. needless deaths are the problem. if you trade 1-1 when the jungler shows up this can be better than not dying and letting them gang up and gently caress up your tower for instance, but judging these sorts of things is really hard to do except in hindsight

I was dying for literally no reason, lately as I've played I haven't seen a good shot to dive for a kill so I've backed off instead of running in like I was

So my kills are staying about where they were but my deaths are way lower

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Help! I'm 4 games into my placements and I haven't died yet. It's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy, the longer I go without dying the more hesitant I become to take questionable fights but I want to keep my streak up oh god what do I do.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just suicide to red buff and take all the pressure off

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can you still do that crazy sion poo poo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Probably but if you do it you won't hit two. Also you're a massive butthole if you do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Marc merrill