Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
They should just make 1820-1920 a DLC for EUIV. Replace the trade system and add the crisis system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fintilgin posted:

They should just make 1820-1920 a DLC for EUIV. Replace the trade system and add the crisis system.
I would rather see them take the Napoleonic era out of EU4 and add it to the beginning of Victoria 3. The way EU4 lategmae works (forts, forts everywhere) does not jive well with Napoleon's War of Maneuver.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Make Victoria three you cowards

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lawman 0 posted:

no u

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Eu4 can't handle Napoleon, Vicky can't handle the south American wars of independence (there's a reason for that 16 year gap)

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Lawman 0 posted:

Please?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the map name changes...... god bless.....

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Jabor posted:

I can see modders doing some cool stuff with latent resources.

Oh I have so many plans for this

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would rather see them take the Napoleonic era out of EU4 and add it to the beginning of Victoria 3. The way EU4 lategmae works (forts, forts everywhere) does not jive well with Napoleon's War of Maneuver.

Do both.

But yeah, I agree. It would also help mix the game up a bit, with the scenario feeling a little less scripted then standard Vicky does. I kinda wonder if it would be even better to move the start date back to... 1750 or so? Get the Seven Years War in, colonial revolutions, Napoleonics, etc.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

Do both.

But yeah, I agree. It would also help mix the game up a bit, with the scenario feeling a little less scripted then standard Vicky does. I kinda wonder if it would be even better to move the start date back to... 1750 or so? Get the Seven Years War in, colonial revolutions, Napoleonics, etc.

1750 is usually one of the accepted dates for the start of the industrial revolution

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fintilgin posted:

Do both.

They’d have to do some crazy heavy handed wizardry to ensure USA, Brazil, et al actually show up. But yeah this could be fun

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

oddium posted:

the map name changes...... god bless.....

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Senor Dog posted:

They’d have to do some crazy heavy handed wizardry to ensure USA, Brazil, et al actually show up. But yeah this could be fun

You could absolutely steal the Colonial Nations mechanic from EUIV, so all these New World states start as satellite states on game start, with their own armies and economy and such.

Hell, you'd probably want to use that mechanic for things like the East India Company anyway.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Speak of the devil, here it is: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-january-2018.1067260/

It is about England :v:

They are adding an England-specific church, Coal as a late-game resource (spawns in specific places replacing what is already there) and some QoL stuff.
This looks really exciting, as usual. Might have to do a serious England attempt when it hits. :)

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Speak of the devil, here it is: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-january-2018.1067260/

They are adding an England-specific church, Coal as a late-game resource (spawns in specific places replacing what is already there) and some QoL stuff.
I am definitely going to evangelize free divorces to the world.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Victoria 3: The Long 19th Century.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I wonder if this will do anything to make AI England not the worst ally.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TaurusTorus posted:

I am pretty sure the case of "Perfidious Albion" is terminal.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
My fat wife has denied me sword mana for the last time

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if henry had more sword mana he wouldn't have needed those divorces

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

quote:

But what if I were to invent a belief and disguise it as my State Religion? oh ho ho ho, delightfully devilish, Henry.

In a hundred years, our descendants will look back upon our steamed hams and weep for us.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
England is my favorite country anyway, because I can sit on my little island and make a big empire without worrying too much about Europe.

So...looking forward to this.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

TaurusTorus posted:

Why would they make the game less historically accurate :confused:

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Holy gently caress that is a lot of goods produced.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm the low key qing in the korea picture

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Senor Dog posted:

some extra dynamism in how the colonial revolutions go would be a very good thing IMO. who needs the USA to show up in its real world form every game

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

some extra dynamism in how the colonial revolutions go would be a very good thing IMO. who needs the USA to show up in its real world form every game

I could definitely see a series of event chains where the 13 colonies end up as a stronger and more independent Dominion like Canada, then graduating to a independent, but strong ally of Britain mid/late game.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Especially considering any number of things from either side could have stopped the American Revolution from starting. I mean, the entire point of The Declaration of Independence was that the rest of the world wasn't even entirely sure they wanted to break away from Britain.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

I am pretty sure the case of "Perfidious Albion" is terminal.

Perfidious Albion: As England make at least 100 separate peaces.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

A Victoria game without the rise of the USA would be just as silly as a CK2 with a strong and stable Byzantium or an EU4 with a weak Manchu and Russia. It just won’t happen.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Senor Dog posted:

A Victoria game without the rise of the USA would be just as silly as a CK2 with a strong and stable Byzantium or an EU4 with a weak Manchu and Russia. It just won’t happen.

Either you think ck2 byz isn't stable enough or eu4 Muscovy isn't strong enough and I can't decide which would be further from reality

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Muscovy sucks in all the games I’ve played lately but I forgot about the Russia centric dlc I never bought

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Senor Dog posted:

Muscovy sucks in all the games I’ve played lately but I forgot about the Russia centric dlc I never bought
They're given special snowflake infantry, for free, that's just flat out better together with a whole bunch of other freebies. Manchu is among the weakest and most screwed sobs there are however.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah the solid idea set, horde status, and good unique units are really weighing down manchu

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Manchu isn’t innately weak. But because of the geopolitical situation it’s in, it rarely forms and if it does, often gets bullied to death by its neighbors. It isn’t a super hard start and with a player who knows what they’re doing can become superpower within decades. But the AI can’t handle it at all.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Okay, decided to play as Brandeburg... because I want Prussian Ubermenschen troops and didnt really enjoy the colonization crap... However I got elected Emperor somehow around 1470 or so, the duke of Burgundy died and I got a popup to inherit?

Naturally I took it and somehow all the dutch minor Vassals became my territory and I now control it directly... What happened? I have only ever seen Spain get everything is this normal, or did I get lucky. Its cool, but amusing since I did a Burgundy grand campaign already.

If so :getin: for Super Prussia circa 1500

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Jack2142 posted:

Okay, decided to play as Brandeburg... because I want Prussian Ubermenschen troops and didnt really enjoy the colonization crap... However I got elected Emperor somehow around 1470 or so, the duke of Burgundy died and I got a popup to inherit?

Naturally I took it and somehow all the dutch minor Vassals became my territory and I now control it directly... What happened? I have only ever seen Spain get everything is this normal, or did I get lucky. Its cool, but amusing since I did a Burgundy grand campaign already.

If so :getin: for Super Prussia circa 1500

That's the Burgundian Succession. Look it up on a wiki, it's a little arcane but the emperor can inherit and so can other HRE members.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
If you're in Europe always RM Burgundy since there's a chance you will inherit as long as you have enough provinces when the event fires (I want to say it's like 5 or 6?). Being emperor makes it more likely and removes the requirement for a RM, IIRC.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Jabor posted:

I can see modders doing some cool stuff with latent resources.

Seriously, I've been working on an early Iron Age mod and finding a way to model the spread of the titular metal that wasn't lame as hell had been a serious problem. This thing though is literally perfect for it.

I do hope there'll be more touching on the industrial revolution than just coal and the new manufactory though. It seems like a neat little addition but I'm not sure how much it's gonna shake things up by itself. Maybe it shouldn't though I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Britain's final cavalry unit should be a proto-tank