Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Streetroller posted:

Lawyer this, lawyer that. Legal this, legal that.
It became quite clear in our conversations that Derek doesn't have a clue about the process.

He's just a gas bag.

Well, that's certainly not new information.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

You know that getting a lawyer to spunk out a list of demands isn't nearly as effective as filing an actual complaint. That's why your business arrangement was terminated.

And what exactly would I been suing for?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Streetroller posted:

He's just an attention seeking gas bag.
FTFY

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Loxbourne posted:

In this case? Zero. In a possible consumer fraud or tort case (and deceit is a tort, it's the underpinning of misrepresentation law), quite possibly as it could be used to show the selective moderation that enabled CIG to rile up their ugly backer base to silence criticism. I can't see it being read into the court record though.

(Yes I appreciate that was probably mockery. I choose to answer it as if it was a genuine question anyway, partly because it's arguably funnier).

Wasn't mockery, so much as expressing my personal pipe dream.

Too bad court transcripts aren't like the Congressional Record, where the content of documents can be published as part of the official record without necessarily being read aloud.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

thatguy posted:

Derek Smart died to give you the opportunity to refund twice. Show some respect.

Dr. Smart is dead ? We should remove the account from the common pool for now to pay respect, at least for 2 weeks.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Zzr posted:

Dr. Smart is dead ? We should remove the account from the common pool for now to pay respect, at least for 2 weeks.

"dr."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Here we go - thread is good again.

That's like saying I haven't had a herpes flare-up lately.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Someone effectively called the usual slapfight but it is a too easy call, so I won't note it in my book of calls. Sorry to be strict but I have to.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

goddamn chris, just hire derek already, he'd be the perfect community manager

What? No. Read it again, slowly. I'll wait. Chris, Tony, nor anyone here said anything about Star Citizen the "MMO." What was discussed was a multiplayer game, which you have. If you want to argue what constitutes "massively" please try and do so in a concise manner, as I'm tired of discussing semantics with those of you who just want to argue.

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Reddit and the crazy Citizens already.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Streetroller posted:

Lawyer this, lawyer that. Legal this, legal that.
It became quite clear in our conversations that Derek doesn't have a clue about the process.

He's just a gas bag.

Oh really?

And do you really want to go down this road with me? You DO realize I have chat logs, right?

----------------

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

iospace posted:

Posting from 2020.

Is this game out yet?

Nope. In what can only be described as a cosmic joke of divine origin, Chris and Derek were driving their luxury automobiles at top speed across this great United States, each hell-bent on confronting their mortal enemy on the opposite coast. They got into a high-speed head-on collision with each other somewhere around Peoria, Illinois, we’re not quite sure. Although they’ve both remained mostly unconscious for years, and undoubtedly inter-linked in their own inner-hellscapes, and have been for years, Roberts is sometimes heard whispering, as would a haunting spectre, “ahhhmmm, fideliteeeee,” while Derek occasionally and seemingly out of nowhere barks “ASSCLOWM” ............” ASSCLOMPFL”

They are a true microcosmic cycle of the entire living universe. The yin and yang, the whimper and bang, the darkness, the light, the whole drat works.

Toops fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 31, 2018

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

Oh really?

And do you really want to go down this road with me? You DO realize I have chat logs, right?

Release the logs, release TOX!

:gary:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

D_Smart posted:

Oh really?

No one loving cares about stupid Discord drama but you, just loving let it go.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I look up marriage licenses of people on the internet, I am not a giant turbo creep!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Oh really?

OH SNAP. #releasethelogs

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

D_Smart posted:

You're still flailing. And trying to retro-actively deflect from your original claim that I claimed to be suing Chris Roberts. That's not going to work.

I said I would sue them.

They refunded me, thus removing my ability to do so as I no longer had a "cause of action"

I still sent them a legal demand letter in order to get responses on the record.

I never - ever - claimed that I was going to sue Chris Roberts. In fact, I have written numerous times that doing so was of NO interest to me as it would be a waste of time, money, effort, and resources as it would NOT get me to my goal: following the money through CIG.

Even after he blatantly engaged in defamatory conduct, in his now removed 8hr diatribe - I STILL said that it wasn't enough for me to sue him over, as defamation bullshit is NOT my goal, and it would never get me to CIG and thus the money.

My legal GOALS were accurately stated in the legal letter (linked in previous post) my attorneys sent. And since that time, they've fulfilled every demand, except for the financial accounting which, any backer who sues them over, it only going to get refunded (like me), thus ending the case right there in a MtD.

It pays to keep up. And THIS is why I document/archive all this poo poo. Even people who SHOULD know better, don't appear to.

loving called it.

Exclusively 2: The Semanticsening - Semantics Harder

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

loving called it.

Exclusively 2: The Semanticsening - Semantics Harder

Only Derek is allowed to 'call it.' I hope he sues the gently caress out of you.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:allears:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

And what exactly would I been suing for?

Anything you could have wanted. But you went the promotional route.

And gently caress it, there's a big enough dogpile, but there's a point in life where it's not worth pushing harder to prove a point simply because you can. My deal is I know roughly where you're coming from and going to. I know that it's hard at the moment, but count to ten *often* and execute after you've counted.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Hav fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 31, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So, how about this weather?

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

goddamn chris, just hire derek already, he'd be the perfect community manager

What? No. Read it again, slowly. I'll wait. Chris, Tony, nor anyone here said anything about Star Citizen the "MMO." What was discussed was a multiplayer game, which you have. If you want to argue what constitutes "massively" please try and do so in a concise manner, as I'm tired of discussing semantics with those of you who just want to argue.

It makes sense when you think about it. Bet Derek was bucking for a job, got denied, proceeded to meltdown.
Would have been a horrifying combination. Phew.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Hav posted:

Anything you could have wanted. But you went the promotional route.
Derek is a man of words, but Streetroller is a man of action.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Streetroller posted:

It makes sense when you think about it. Bet Derek was bucking for a job, got denied, proceeded to meltdown.
Would have been a horrifying combination. Phew.

I see we have more people who are woke.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

Just make sure it doesn't clash with shirt/jacket-wear. Wear a large patterned ascot with a solid or small-patterned shirt and vice-versa. Also, please make sure your pleats overlap your knot. People tie large knots because in olden days, the knots were small and would come undone. Pleats do a nice job of hiding the larger knots.

edit: but to answer your question: A cravat can absolutely be worn with a tweed jacket for period-wear. Just don't use a large-spread collar and make sure to tie (four-in-hand knots work very well) it under the collar.

I also have a question and your knowledge of cravats leads me to believe you are the right person to ask:

I want to grow in a nice neck beard but need some advice on how to best grow it in and trim it. Should I be going for a pube like consistency?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

So, how about this weather?

Yeah man hows about this herpes we've been having?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

VealCutlet posted:

I also have a question and your knowledge of cravats leads me to believe you are the right person to ask:

I want to grow in a nice neck beard but need some advice on how to best grow it in and trim it. Should I be going for a pube like consistency?

:colbert:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I wonder how much larger Derek's block list will be after today.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Also, what fedora do you recommend?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/958455605340991488

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

CrazyTolradi posted:

One sig is not enough to fit it all.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah man hows about this herpes we've been having?

Recurrent, you?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Streetroller posted:

Bet Derek was bucking for a job, got denied, proceeded to meltdown.

So this is your new gimmick? You know how this ends, right?

----------------

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Fourteen days? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last fourteen hours! Those blogs are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA GET US!

colostomy, COLOSTOMY... this little url survived longer than that with no weapons and no training

Nov 24, 2014

:laffo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyTolradi posted:

Would you like to find out? The quickest way is to get on it.

----------------

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Recurrent, you?

Building pressure front to the south aye

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

So this is your new gimmick? You know how this ends, right?

I didn't see that as a gimmick. You saw his video - he's a no-bullshit, straight-shooter. Unlike SOME of us around here . . .

(This post was dictated, but not executed).

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
How does one engage discourse in a thread when one has blocked all participants?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mention not the block list, lest ye become blocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sickening posted:

I look up marriage licenses of people on the internet, I am not a giant turbo creep!