Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Taintrunner posted:

remember when gun violence in america was stopped by the water gun emoji

Let me plant a flag where I think the, uh,

... where I think a daisy is :confused:

Infamously, a FIAT subsidiary manufactured anti-personnel landmines. The Italian localization of Windows 2000 and later replaces Minesweeper with "Flowery Meadow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the bitcoin of weed posted:

everyone loves poop emoji. i saw a stand at the mall the other day that was selling 💩 hats

there’s a poop-themed cafe in my city, with prominent emoji decals and signs

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

haha its not even february yet and already almost 100 people have been killed by police in 2018

http://killedbypolice.net/

it's depressing that only 6 hours have passed since you posted and you can already exchange "almost" with "more than"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

also joke answer: makes sense that if youre management and want to not pay too much for labor you immediately decide to hire all women

that's no joke.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

the bitcoin of weed posted:

everyone loves poop emoji. i saw a stand at the mall the other day that was selling 💩 hats

i don't know man, I'd be pretty offended personally

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hackbunny posted:

Let me plant a flag where I think the, uh,

... where I think a daisy is :confused:

Infamously, a FIAT subsidiary manufactured anti-personnel landmines. The Italian localization of Windows 2000 and later replaces Minesweeper with "Flowery Meadow"

The Happening: The Game

I approve

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/958210165949521922

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/958093477815861248

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

never forget that a man crowdfunded upwards of $35,000 so inner-city school kids could see a superhero movie

(god we're going to get so many terrible Black Panther-related posts in this thread soon)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i wanna see the venn diagram of people cheering the Black Panther movie as a watershed moment in resistance politics and people who stayed dead silent at Kendrick getting screwed by the Grammys for the third time. idk how big the overlap is but any amount is too much

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

never forget that a man crowdfunded upwards of $35,000 so inner-city school kids could see a superhero movie

(god we're going to get so many terrible Black Panther-related posts in this thread soon)

I run my own showings of Meteor Man

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I saw a black panther ad where it said the revolution would not be televised and I kept thinking "he's a monarch."

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

cenotaph posted:

I saw a black panther ad where it said the revolution would not be televised and I kept thinking "he's a monarch."

hahaha I just looked it up

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cenotaph posted:

it's a revolution because he's the new monarch that wants to spread disney-approved neo-liberal ideals to the outside world instead of keeping his futuristic utopia out of other people's business

the politics of that movie are gonna be a huge goddamn mess but everyone will ignore it because finally white men age 18 to 34--the most important demographic in the world--are willing to see a movie starring a black person

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

it's a revolution because he's the new monarch that wants to spread disney-approved neo-liberal ideals to the outside world instead of keeping his futuristic utopia out of other people's business

the politics of that movie are gonna be a huge goddamn mess but everyone will ignore it because finally white men age 18 to 34--the most important demographic in the world--are willing to see a movie starring a black person

Its going to be annoying beyond belief.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The world is changing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna enjoy confusing people by calling Black Panther "that Hotep movie"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tired: lining up for the Black Panther premier

Wired: rewatching your vintage VHS tape of Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Tired: lining up for the Black Panther premier

Wired: rewatching your vintage VHS tape of The Last Dragon.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't wait to see Hotep Twitter weigh in on Black Panther

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

:yeah:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

i’ve been doing this for months now it rules

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

i wanna see the venn diagram of people cheering the Black Panther movie as a watershed moment in resistance politics and people who stayed dead silent at Kendrick getting screwed by the Grammys for the third time. idk how big the overlap is but any amount is too much

a) what person under 60 cares about the grammys and b) drat is rubbish

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You are making GBS threads all over Black Panther, but do you remember how you did the same thing to Wonder WOman and she ended up totally changing social dynamics?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of how apparently before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Themiscyra in the comics had advanced technology as well as ancient divine magic, the Amazons even built the invisible jet. They retconned that away to just being stuck in the Bronze Age afterwards.

Came to mind since it'd make Themiscyra more or less Wakanda but with women.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

get that OUT of my face posted:

:qq: "the Grammys" :qq: lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of how apparently before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Themiscyra in the comics had advanced technology as well as ancient divine magic, the Amazons even built the invisible jet. They retconned that away to just being stuck in the Bronze Age afterwards.

Came to mind since it'd make Themiscyra more or less Wakanda but with women.

The best depiction of Themiscyra was in Wonder Woman Earth One, where it's unambiguously just a bunch of immortal women working out and loving, forever

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/958592417875288065

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guy Goodbody posted:

wow I can't believe they cast Ta-Nehisi Coates as Yakub

nah
Mar 16, 2009

what did the tweet say that norm quotes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

I got ripped into one day because I said isn't there anything better that money could have been used for the poor kids of Harlem than to go see a movie? Every response was "representation matters"

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I run my own showings of Meteor Man

Stop trying to rehabilitate Bill Cosby's career

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

cenotaph posted:

im gonna root for the villain who will inevitably be some proletarian robbed of a normal life by the brutal, violent indifference of the gods and capitalists who run amok in marvel movies

this time he'll probably be black instead of russian but once again he will be a new yorker. once again the HOLLYWOOD ELITE will refuse to recognize any other cities (such as Philadelphia (go birds (death to tom brady )))

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KomradeX posted:

I got ripped into one day because I said isn't there anything better that money could have been used for the poor kids of Harlem than to go see a movie? Every response was "representation matters"
Eh, if you're getting the money out of people who wouldn't donate to those same kids for other reasons it's kind of a net gain. I just sort of shrug and blame it on capitalism in these situations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

The best depiction of Themiscyra was in Wonder Woman Earth One, where it's unambiguously just a bunch of immortal women working out and loving, forever

And then Morrison got Yannick Paquette to draw them all as big titty ladies, that book rules

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Best Giraffe posted:

im gonna root for the villain who will inevitably be some proletarian robbed of a normal life by the brutal, violent indifference of the gods and capitalists who run amok in marvel movies

this time he'll probably be black instead of russian but once again he will be a new yorker. once again the HOLLYWOOD ELITE will refuse to recognize any other cities (such as Philadelphia (go birds (death to tom brady )))

I'm pretty sure the villain is Bad Royalty and Tchallas brother actually

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also part of why marvel movies are all in new York is that marvel comics are all in new york

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good marvel movie is Blade. It's no coincidence that he takes on a bloodsucking parasitic class.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Eh, if you're getting the money out of people who wouldn't donate to those same kids for other reasons it's kind of a net gain. I just sort of shrug and blame it on capitalism in these situations.

That's true I guess. Still how much good could that money do instead of being a fund raiser for Disney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

does representation matter?