Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Considering where Foles was a few years ago career-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if he just retired if the Eagles managed a win and then tried to trade him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Well let's approach this from another angle. What are his possible landing spots?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

Considering where Foles was a few years ago career-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if he just retired if the Eagles managed a win and then tried to trade him.

I think you're right, and this is a more likely scenario than most people think.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well let's approach this from another angle. What are his possible landing spots?

Browns
Jags if they cut Bortles
Washington if Cousins walks
Cardinals
Jets
Giants if Eli retires
Chargers if Rivers retires
Steelers if Ben retires
Bills
Broncos
Vikings if they fail to sign any of their QBs
Colts? (Assuming Luck is dead for good)

That's a lot of places.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

Browns
Jaguars
Washington if Cousins isn't franchised
Cardinals
Jets
Bills
Broncos
Colts?

This is the more realistic list. You could have also had "Saints if Brees walks" but like the other three, I don't think that's going to happen. Ben is really, really unlikely to retire now that Haley's gone.

And in terms of desirability, I'd rank the FA QB class as:

Cousins
Brees (bc of age)
Foles
Taylor
Keenum
Bradford
Bridgewater
McCarron
Moore
McCown

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is the more realistic list. You could have also had "Saints if Brees walks" but like the other three, I don't think that's going to happen. Ben is really, really unlikely to retire now that Haley's gone.

Cousins
Brees (bc of age)
Foles
Taylor
Keenum
Bradford
Bridgewater
McCarron
Moore
McCown

I think you're underselling Keenum and Bradford tbh. Both are going to be hot commodities. I would rank them, even as a homer, as such:

Cousins
Brees
Keenum
Bradford
Taylor
Foles
Bridgewater
McCown
McCarron
Moore

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The hot commodity of the man who had a season ending knee injury without taking a hit

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Metapod posted:

The hot commodity of the man who had a season ending knee injury without taking a hit

Isn't that how they usually happen

His level of play is higher than, say, Marcus Mariota so if he doesn't get hurt he raises the quality of many offenses and as such is a hot commodity

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TheChirurgeon posted:

Cousins
Brees (bc of age)
Foles
Taylor
Keenum
Bradford
Bridgewater
McCarron
Moore
McCown

McCarron will have RFA tag on him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sam Bradford a man who has knees so badly damaged that doctors have a hard time reading any scans because it's all scar tissue is a hot commodity

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sam Humpty Dumpty knees can lightly jog across the field without gravity forcing him to collapse a true hot commodity

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Metapod posted:

I'd take him over McCarron, though you may as well draw a line below(above?) Bradford that says "- - - - - just draft a guy ffs - - - - -"

Diqnol posted:

I think you're underselling Keenum and Bradford tbh. Both are going to be hot commodities. I would rank them, even as a homer, as such:

Cousins
Brees
Keenum
Bradford
Taylor
Foles

Foles is only 29 and this isn't the only time he's shown he can play well. As a Cougars fan, I'm higher on Keenum than most but he's the same age as Foles and this was the first good season he's had despite multiple chances to take a starting role. He's also had the benefit of playing with one of the league's best receiver tandems and getting bailed out on bad throws repeatedly. Bradford's older than either and is coming off a knee injury and so I'd put him lower than Foles until he can prove he can still play. Taylor's the real wild card though, because I think he's better than he looked in Buffalo, but it's also hard to tell how teams will value him.

This is mostly academic though, because the Eagles would be stupid to trade Foles and he might retire if they attempt to do so anyways.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh wow Sam can hold that clipboard without being forced into surgery what a hot commodity

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow guys did y'all see Sam drive to the faculties and get out of his car without needing to get tested by the training staff that commodity is red hot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow Sam returned home for the weekend and the 20 mph winds didn't cause his leg to cave in well I'm sold on this hot commodity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ha Ha Ha, epic owns my dude. You have a very good track record with QB opinions so I will continue to be owned, personally. How u feelin about dak again tho?

Watch when Bradford get the offseason contract

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dak is Alex Smith

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
wow so you really are still heavily emotionally invested in arguments that happened last year huh

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sam Bradford drops backs to pass steps up delivers a beautiful 18 yard pass in a clean pocket. Sam hobbles to the sideline to get examined by the medical staff.

What a hot commodity

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Dont say a bad word about Mariota when metapod is around guys. He'll sick burn you.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

McCarron will have RFA tag on him.

I thought the decision on his 2018 UFA/RFA status wasn't going to happen until mid February. Not sure how that ruling is going to go, but I suspect you're right and the Bengals will get away with loving him over and stashing him on the NFI list when he was actually healthy enough to play

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TheChirurgeon posted:

I thought the decision on his 2018 UFA/RFA status wasn't going to happen until mid February. Not sure how that ruling is going to go, but I suspect you're right and the Bengals will get away with loving him over and stashing him on the NFI list when he was actually healthy enough to play

Yeah and the Bengals will drop a 1st round Tender on him, Hue will push Jimmy that we sign him and Cincinatti gets #1 overall.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Dont say a bad word about Mariota when metapod is around guys. He'll sick burn you.

Yep totally why I started saying things about Bradford and not for the reasons before Mariota was said or for the actual point I was saying

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

Yeah and the Bengals will drop a 1st round Tender on him, Hue will push Jimmy that we sign him and Cincinatti gets #1 overall.

I'm preemptively sorry for your loss(es)

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 28, 2018

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Brady retires after career ending hit from Cox. Foles to Patriots. Goes 27-2 every year for the next ten years and wins 8 more Super Bowls.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Lads

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/status/957973160460259329

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If the Eagles beat the Pats I'm making this image my avatar.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mitchell & Ness on 12th and Market is doing 50% off the entire store all week. I grabbed 2 Eagles jerseys, but they're not sure if they'll have much restock later in the week. You might be able to get something by tomorrow that isn't a small or xxxxx-large

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

If the Eagles beat the Pats I'm making this image my avatar.

I will make another fun gif avatar win or lose and this image is a prime candidate to be in it.

"what if nick 'big dick' foles made me a champion"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mitchell & Ness is so overpriced that even with 50% off its still insanely overpriced

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Mitchell & Ness on 12th and Market is doing 50% off the entire store all week. I grabbed 2 Eagles jerseys, but they're not sure if they'll have much restock later in the week. You might be able to get something by tomorrow that isn't a small or xxxxx-large

I guess that explains why I just saw two Mitchell & Ness jerseys on craig's list for $175 each

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/958529025823133696

gently caress this stupid, stupid team.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

We have plenty of rooms with the Patriots and the Eagles, friend

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

We have plenty of rooms with the Patriots and the Eagles, friend

If I go anywhere it would be Baltimore.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i don't think washington will be good ever again

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958535168159092737

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress everything.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Good lord lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I only pray Kirk is out of the division

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/958536844907569152

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
alex smith will be 34 by the start of the 2018 season

• Locked thread