Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods change my name posted:

Maybe I'll do this. If I already have pillars of eternity can I just give away the new copy?

Yeah, you'll get a key for the game that you don't have to redeem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do I buy a pristine Tandy 1000 for $300

Y/N

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sure why the hell not

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

then go wave your dick in yospos

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Y/N

which model

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Y/N

N.
Unless you plan on reselling it, th

Edit: the trs-80 mk1 I use to internet crashed out, sorry.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The original, I think

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The original, I think

Wow. Thats like someone bought it and stuck it in a closet without ever touching it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Random as gently caress, but do any of you have a current Xbox Live sub and would be willing to buy something to gift to my account? I'll pay you obviously.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels/9nhpkzzpbcw1

Oh also, Civ VI isn't as bad as it was at launch. I still have my issues with it, but it's funish now. Still needs more work though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Has stellaris gotten any better? At launch I played it and all I wanted to do was play other space 4x games that did something better.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I played it a bunch last spring and it seemed like it had improved. Haven't really touched it much since then but everything I've heard indicates that it's only gotten better.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Third World Reggin posted:

Has stellaris gotten any better? At launch I played it and all I wanted to do was play other space 4x games that did something better.

I haven’t touched Stellaris even though it’s on my steam.

Let me tell you about all the time I’ve sunk sperging into Aurora though.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Stellaris is getting a big 2.0 patch on the 22nd of February along with it's next big DLC. Lots of old systems are getting remade completely for it (Fleet combat, space stations, etc.), and one of the systems that used to be DLC-only (Ascension points for finishing tradition trees) is getting put into the base game. I only just played for the first time recently so I can't compare it to launch but if you don't mind waiting a bit more it'll improve that much more.

If you don't want to scan their forum for the appropriate devblogs with details (#90-99), this reddit thread has a summary of the changes in the op.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Humblebundle just has vanilla stellaris in that paradox game bundle.
Distant Worlds is more my style, no graphics resizing & 2minute loadtimes(even on SSDs) are the worse things about it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Manyorcas posted:

Stellaris is getting a big 2.0 patch on the 22nd of February along with it's next big DLC. Lots of old systems are getting remade completely for it (Fleet combat, space stations, etc.), and one of the systems that used to be DLC-only (Ascension points for finishing tradition trees) is getting put into the base game. I only just played for the first time recently so I can't compare it to launch but if you don't mind waiting a bit more it'll improve that much more.

If you don't want to scan their forum for the appropriate devblogs with details (#90-99), this reddit thread has a summary of the changes in the op.

Humble Bundle isn't letting me access my keys due to their glacially-slow new-login-confirmation-emails that never let me confirm I'm actually me in time before expiring, so I guess I might just wait around till that patch.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Actually I have Ashes of the Singularity and Solaris. Never played either. Anyone played Ashes of the Singularity?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

ha. No. It's a stardock game, there is probably 2 standalone expansions for it already, all equally broken as the original base game.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 30, 2018

Shockules
May 2, 2017
Just read through all those Stellaris changes, I know what I'm doing next month now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every time I go to pick up Stellaris again after retail there's a major patch a month away. This is the third time it's happened.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I think that’s a paradox thing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Handsome Ralph posted:

Random as gently caress, but do any of you have a current Xbox Live sub and would be willing to buy something to gift to my account? I'll pay you obviously.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels/9nhpkzzpbcw1

Oh also, Civ VI isn't as bad as it was at launch. I still have my issues with it, but it's funish now. Still needs more work though.

I did enjoy playing as Alexander and just going total war/conquest on everyone

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Been playing Crusader Kings 2 off and on the past two weeks.
Just...not feeling the game, waiting for events to happen is either too slow or way too many events fast.

Usually by now stockholm syndrome kicks in and I get fascinated by the dumbest amusing gimmicks in a game (cough KRATER cough Kings Bounty cough cough holy gently caress Alpha Centauri) to keep playing. CK2 expects me to give way more fucks than I can summon up, even the thought of doing a FREE WALES/Welsch world ymerodraeth is :effort: .

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 31, 2018

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah EU4 is the best title of the current gen Paradox stuff. Usually you can get the DLC on sale and get almost everything for less than the cost of a new title. I love playing as minor nations and trying to do completely ahistorical things. My last game had Ethiopia take over all of eastern Africa and convert almost everyone to Christianity. I may have save scummed a couple of times in the early game but it still felt really satisfying.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Thats good advice, thanks I'll keep an eye out for the next time EU4 goes on sale.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im still playing civ v for my strategy fix

my venice game is loving tight right now

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Every time I play Civ V I try to win by culture but one of my neighbors has to be all upity and oh well the military machine is all warmed up now might as well conquer half the world before 1940...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Every time I play Civ V I try to win by culture but one of my neighbors has to be all upity and oh well the military machine is all warmed up now might as well conquer half the world before 1940...

who you playing as?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

I didn't want to rape and pillage my way across the world, but look what you made me do :black101:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i guess there's a rumor floating around that microsoft might buy EA, valve, or pubg corp in order to solve the problem they have with console exclusives.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-ea-valve-pubg-xbox-acquisition-rumors-2018-1

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Gaben is already a billionaire, I don't see him pulling a Notch and selling out. Not when you basically have a money printing press that requires minimal effort.

EA, yeah. EA is a public company. They also produce games, unlike Valve.

PUBG seems like the most likely company to buy out. Grab the most popular game on the market for a few billion seems to be their MO.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they did it with minecraft

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I can't believe PUBG Corp is big enough now to be lumped in with Valve and EA in a proposal like that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who you playing as?

Hitler from the sound of it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who you playing as?

:911: America :dukedog:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

My money would be on EA, though Valve would be surprising. PUBG I see microsoft buying either way.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh god I hope it's EA.

Microsoft having the Star Wars license has to be better, right?

Edit: Disney should just buy EA.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Disney should just whore out the license to everyone willing to pay. It’s clear that picking one winner doesn’t actually ensure any sort of quality.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Disney should just whore out the license to everyone willing to pay. It’s clear that picking one winner doesn’t actually ensure any sort of quality.

The Games Workshop strategy?

Certainly couldn’t hurt.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The Games Workshop strategy?

Certainly couldn’t hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSxQnZ3TM8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

Oh god I hope it's EA.

Microsoft having the Star Wars license has to be better, right?

Edit: Disney should just buy EA.

I would imagine so. Microsoft isn't perfect and they do their fair share of dumb poo poo with microtransactions and what not. I mean after the XB1 reveal, they straight up adjusted their strategy and changed out the DRM because of how pissed off people got. Granted, they had a competitor to worry about but they seem a little more self aware than EA does.