Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

I love the implication that no one (but Yabalchaoth) has made it out of Yre's vault alive because no one who is the kind of person to make it in there would be able to just say sorry.

I think the other implication is that many of them are probably now part of the Priests of the Count/the random inhabitants themselves- waiting for the Count to finish so they can take their share and leave, caught in the madness of the Count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This also certainly implies that the Priests of the Count are running his entire empire/bank in his name, and dumping gold in as a matter of course. Maybe to keep him busy?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I also dig how the alt text is just "Seeker of Thrones 9-109."

The page count.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Ia! Ia!

Pity him :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Schwarzwald posted:

The page count.
gently caress.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh god the senile old dog comparisons were on point :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Slowboat posted:

This also certainly implies that the Priests of the Count are running his entire empire/bank in his name, and dumping gold in as a matter of course. Maybe to keep him busy?

The Priests of the Count are scientology, Mammon is a senile L. Ron. Hubbard.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
He seems nice!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

hahahahaha gently caress yes omg

i love my senile old grandpa good dog

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Oxxidation posted:

He seems nice!
Ia! Ia!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
My money was on blind and senile in the first place and even still this is way better than I could have imagined

Haha oh man, these demiurge confrontations are just going to keep getting sadder, huh?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

shirts and skins posted:

My money was on blind and senile in the first place and even still this is way better than I could have imagined

Haha oh man, these demiurge confrontations are just going to keep getting sadder, huh?

I expect the next one is going to be someone tough, like Solomon David, who can only be considered "sad" if you find it sad to see someone at the height of their power with everything they ever wanted, but he lacks both the one thing that would truly make him happy and the capacity to realize he lacks that thing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It's going to be all the more poignant when she stabs him in the loving face.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The best pages and arcs of this comic are the ones with the extra story underneath.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

VanSandman posted:

The best arcs of this comic are the extra story underneath.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm picturing his voice as played by whoever did the voice of the Great Owl in Secret of NIMH.

COUNT INSIDE OR GO AWAY.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Schwarzwald posted:

The page count.

I don’t get it.

e: I immediately got it after hitting post.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope Allison defeats him with friendship and good advice and helping him retire in peace.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, it already seems plausible that the Jagganoth arc will be a rom-com (where Allison and the gang try to turn a giant, lonely nerd with weird hobbies who’s never known love into something vaguely dateable).

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

ConfusedUs posted:

I expect the next one is going to be someone tough, like Solomon David, who can only be considered "sad" if you find it sad to see someone at the height of their power with everything they ever wanted, but he lacks both the one thing that would truly make him happy and the capacity to realize he lacks that thing.

The only thing that could briefly crease the flawless brow of Solomon David is that fact that no one will ever approach the perfection that is Solomon David.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Calling it now, the thing he's looking for was in that box on his back all along, and there's going to be a laugh riot when he figures it out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I got a feeling the Priests of the Count are the equivalent of those bratty kids who sucks up to their rich grandparent to get a slice of their inheritance, and that Mammon's Emissary is the one who is calling the shots all over his terrible empire. No doubt Mammon was a nasty piece of poo poo, and I have a hunch he'll show us a glimpse of that side that's underneath his senility before this arc ends.

Also what happened to his mandibles anyway? I thought he was supposed to have a bug mouth but now he's got a bifurcated (quadfurcated?) lizard mouth.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ConfusedUs posted:

The next arc is going to involve Solomon David's annual martial arts tournament. He'll be beaten either by having some crippling psychological vulnerability exploited, or getting smashed in the face with the universe.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

White Coke posted:

The next arc is going to involve Solomon David's annual martial arts tournament. He'll be beaten either by having some crippling psychological vulnerability exploited, or getting smashed in the face with the universe.

Why not both dot gif

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I guess this also provides a clue about how Yabalchoath was able to filch part of his key.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
maybe all the bloodthirsty war-accountants Allison & co slaughtered to get her this far were just very devoted to the very nice large dog

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Joe Slowboat posted:

Why not both dot gif

Solomon David has a crippling phobia of being beaten to death by the universe.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

White Coke posted:

Solomon David has a crippling phobia of being beaten to death by the universe.

It's not that he's generally afraid of everything, it's that he's specifically afraid of everything.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

White Coke posted:

Solomon David getting beaten would be amazing but kind of surprising because the whole condition of the tournament is that if you beat him you get his seventh of the multiverse.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's going to be all the more poignant when she stabs him in the loving face.

no that would have been uncontrolled ambition, I bet she'll carefully pet him and ask nicely for her bf back

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pureauthor posted:

I guess this also provides a clue about how Yabalchoath was able to filch part of his key.

She just asked politely?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

stone cold posted:

hahahahaha gently caress yes omg

i love my senile old grandpa good dog
Let him adopt you, Allison.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

SniperWoreConverse posted:

no that would have been uncontrolled ambition, I bet she'll carefully pet him and ask nicely for her bf back
Meanwhile Zaid, confused and traumatized, is sitting in one of those nice little houses with a cup of tea, nice clothes, and a blanket tucked around him. It's not like he can leave the Vault, after all.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
"Allison, check it out! I'm Scrooge McDuck!"

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So glad to have another spiel of lore with good daughter Prim and a lesson on TOWER

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Can't wait to see what smack the ghost of Zoss has to talk about Mammon while Allison sets his money on fire with white lighting to end the Count.

shirts and skins posted:

Incubus overacts to cover up his crippling sword size anxiety around Jagganoth.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

shirts and skins posted:

I'm not sure they'll get sadder but I hope and guess they will definitely keep up this trend of them being nothing like you'd think a demiurge could or should be.

E: and to break that trend a bit one of them will be legit terrifying.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 31, 2018

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Solomon David. He will be the most terrifying, as he will have his poo poo totally together and optimized to all hell.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jagganoth will be the most terrifying, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Solomon David seems like the kind of guy who might almost give a poo poo about all the universes he rules.