Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think he recharges everything slightly faster than the others, so the idea is probably to spam abilities to make up for his other problems. But yeah, he *really* needs to not be such a snail when Shifting, none of that matters if he can't catch anything even in super speed mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

gently caress that noise, when I'm Jason 4 I Always Be Grabbing. I paid $2.99 for those kills and by god I'm getting my money's worth. You people spectating, you're gonna see every one of them.

I do this no matter which Jason I am unless there's a murder gang out for my blood. It's best to get those pocket knives out of circulation as early as possible.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Part 7 is good for knowing (roughly) where every single counselor is over the whole map. He's very long game, like you're not going to wreck all the counselors in the first 10 minutes but you should at least be able to keep them corralled and away from the objectives until you make a push to start taking them down once they're afraid and out of stamina.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

King Vidiot posted:

gently caress that noise, when I'm Jason 4 I Always Be Grabbing. I paid $2.99 for those kills and by god I'm getting my money's worth. You people spectating, you're gonna see every one of them.

Always
Be
Choking

Stalk is for closers.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Part 7 Jason is the distilled essence of "You can run but you can't hide"

But boy howdy can they run :argh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Part 7 Jason can see EVERYTHING

Shame he can't catch poo poo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They should just go all in on him if he's going to be lame. Replace Tommy with Not Carrie and let her TK throw him across the map

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Patch is live! Here are the notes, http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16300-patch-notes-01302018/

patch notes posted:

Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst

Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map are both now available for both Multiplayer and Offline Bots!

Part 5 has no level requirement and has access to the following grab kills:

Hedge Trimmer
Last Breath
You’re so Vein

New Unlockable Grab Kill

The grab kill Rugby Player is now available!
The requirements to unlock Rugby Player are:

Level: 108
Cost: 2500 CP

Changes and Bug Fixes

General

Reduced the amount of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match
Adjusted the amount of available spawns per match for each weapon
Addressed several issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to disappear when disarmed by a counselor
Fixed a bug related to the “The Final Chapter” achievement that was causing players to crash

Jason

Jason will now begin each match equipped with 2 additional throwing knives
Jason’s movement speed has been slightly increased
Jason’s grab range and cone has been slightly increased
Players can once again access the bloody skin for Savini Jason
Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down
The grab kills “Free Kick” and “Disarm” will now properly grant Versatile experience

Counselors

Fixed a bug where - if a player interacted with a window in a certain way, the window would break and incorrectly cause damage to the player
Fixed inconsistencies that were appearing in several counselor models

Maps

The Fuse will no longer be able to spawn in the same building as the Phone Box
Addressed several exploit locations on all maps
Made adjustments to several locations that were causing the objectives/repair parts spawns to be inaccessible

Vehicles

Fixed several bugs related to the boat flipping mechanic

Offline Play

Made many improvements and bug fixes to the bot AI in Offline Bots
Restart function added to the pause menu in Offline Bots
Fixed a bug causing the end score screen to incorrectly show badge progression in Offline Bots
Note: Badges can not be obtained through Offline Bots

Matchmaking

Added servers for South America and Australia [PC]
Added region auto-detection [PC]

Sound

Players should once again be able to hear the sound of weapons and items being dropped
The grab kill “Free Kick” will now properly take into account the user’s audio settings.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 30, 2018

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh thank god the interaction lock bugs are fixed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That window thing had killed me before. I was like, what the dick

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So Roy doesn't Return to Mommy when he wins, he just kind of wanders off down the road. Still not sure why Mommy is talking to him at all, but he is crazypants.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
From what I read, the devs say it's because Roy snapped so hard he legitimately thinks he's Jason. Also he's apparently the world's biggest Jason fanboy since he knows about how Pamela's sweater affects J-Man, but the canon kinda supports him being that much of a Jason fan

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
I have Savini Jason however I'm not seeing the bloody Savini which is mentioned in the notes. And does everyone get that or just current Savini owners? How do we select it?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also I was wondering for a second why Roy uses an axe in the intro, then I realized he's going ham like those drat KIDS did to his son. That is a nice touch.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm happy balance changes went in. I think it's going to be a goon murderfest tonight.

(Even if I OFFICIALLY GOT IN HUNT:SHOWDOWN ALPHA!)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DeathChicken posted:

Also I was wondering for a second why Roy uses an axe in the intro, then I realized he's going ham like those drat KIDS did to his son. That is a nice touch.

I think he used an axe on the first few kills, that douche in the car waiting for the chick to come out, then the chick once she comes out?

Edit: I think he was doing coke too?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm imagining Roy coming to the lake with an axe, then in the five minutes of chaos between the intro and the actual game, he just finds the hedge clippers and goes "oh gently caress yes"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
New map:

Jason 7 can actually do things here, look at that water layout. :gizz:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, he could probably wind through this map by water instead of blowing his teleports

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Okay yeah, 7 is much better here than on most maps. He pretty much has a free Shift across the narrow sections of the river, he can sniff out anyone as usual by traversing upriver. Still not enough to actually make him, y'know...good but baby steps

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Click here to see Roy unmasked

Danaru posted:

:lol:

I'm imagining Roy coming to the lake with an axe, then in the five minutes of chaos between the intro and the actual game, he just finds the hedge clippers and goes "oh gently caress yes"

I’m picturing like that scene in Pulp Fiction, he grabs an axe, then a baseball bat, then a hammer, then a small chainsaw...then he sets his eyes on the hedge clippers and instantly knows.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jesus, it really is Roy's stupid little face in a foam rubber mask

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DeathChicken posted:

Jesus, it really is Roy's stupid little face in a foam rubber mask

You know I never really thought of the logistics behind Roy having a goofy foam Jason head. I know a couple hardcore cosplayers and that's not at all a small feat in the '10s, god knows what kind of effort that took before the internet and online international deliveries existed

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Might as well ask how young Tommy Jarvis was making professional quality latex monster masks. :iiam:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

King Vidiot posted:

Might as well ask how young Tommy Jarvis was making professional quality latex monster masks. :iiam:

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it's impressive :v: I figured Roy was a big ol' Jason nerd before but I'm just realizing tonight the extent of it. I wonder if he already had the Jason head BEFORE his son got axed, or did he have it custom made knowing he was gonna be prowling the woods :murder:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Maybe he had one of those bald guy masks, like in Drive?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Maybe he stole it from Tommy's room :ms:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Maybe Tommy had it and he got it smuggled out through his doofus son. "Hi, I'm a random ambulance driver who is totally not your father keeping an obsessive eye over you in secrecy. Get me a mask." "Sure. Want some chocolate?"

Edit: Yes

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not happy with the "he thinks he's Jason" explanation, but I really, really wish they'd replaced the shack with a parked ambulance.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So.no updates to the VC huh? Just for a tryi went walking in the woods, still gutted. Also no Roy in the Hall of Jason

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A.o.D. posted:

I'm not happy with the "he thinks he's Jason" explanation, but I really, really wish they'd replaced the shack with a parked ambulance.

I'm alright with the explanation, but oh man the ambulance was basically tailored for this game, his shithead coworker could have been hanging out the side to still make counselors panic like when they see Alice :( I imagine the big issue was finding someone to voice his son instead of Pam, and all the issues surrounding that.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
I'm not seeing a fix for the sweater bug in those patch notes. :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Meanwhile the bots are still really stupid, although it seems like they're marginally less prone to hiding in a closet in plain sight of you. Also they'll still magic up knives and parts faster than anyone should be able, even if it doesn't matter much because they're dumb dumbs

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Pinehurst and Roy is good. I just wish Roy's opening was seeing his son get chopped instead of Clay getting chopped.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

Pinehurst and Roy is good. I just wish Roy's opening was seeing his son get chopped instead of Clay getting chopped.

Speaking of though, the animation for his intro is so smooth compared to the earlier ones.

A nit pick is the counselors (and fox) just standing around Pinehurst doing nothing, but still. So smooth

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also wow, Pinehurst turns Part 8 into a beast. All of 7's advantages of being able to zip along the river and none of his disadvantages of being bad.

And Tommybot still does his goddamn campfire spaceout

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 31, 2018

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I hate that the hedge clipper's kills are so great and the weapon itself is kinda janky looking during normal gameplay. He just swings it by one handle and it's a little weird looking.

Otherwise Roy's alright, he's basically Part 9 but without the grip strength and Part 6's knives. Also jogging.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So we've been having some good goon games going on lately.

DD and I believe Skunk have been recording a few

CliffDiver, one thing you should keep in mind for the future. FriendLachapa is never armed.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
The new map is really good. I think it's their best work, actually.

It's about the size of the Jarvis House map but much more dense. There's 19 cabins in total, 3 of which are unique. The main lodge is really nicely detailed and has 6, SIX, exits. Barn is nice and spacious with a hilarious murder room in the middle of it. The random-rear end massive orange orchard is fun to run around in.

Map spawns with a boat every time, and there are 3 boat exits, which is interesting. Car can be either 4 seater or 2 seater, and there are also 3 exits for them. Police can spawn in 3 places.

The map is really big and the water placement is such that water-speed Jasons can have a field day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9edpda2jYA

I got video of the Insatiable Cult of Jenny tonight. That cabin got steam :frogbon: I'll edit that video this weekend though.

• Locked thread