Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Magical world with weird magical monsters (some of them are beastmen) seems ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

Kusuha is kidnapped and Bullet goes full Prince of Darkness in response. The other route is Ing going full Kira Yamato.

Don't give them ideas.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I had been annoyed that the magical other world game didn't have Lamune &40 or Ryu Knight in it (everything that debuted in Neo should come back, really) but on learning that they started at "let's include these series, how do we make this work" and arrived at the setting premise of X rather than vice-versa, I don't mind so much.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ideally they would be able to do it the other way round and have an idea and then insert whoever they want, but licensing is a thing which unfortunately forces them to get the bricks in order and then try to get them to all fit.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think they've said they always get a series list first then figure out how to mash it together.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hellioning posted:

Don't give them ideas.

Lefina turns Dandy Lion Mk. 2 into a Bonta-kun. Giado comes back to make you LISTEN TO HIS SONG!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

Lefina turns Dandy Lion Mk. 2 into a Bonta-kun. Giado comes back to make you LISTEN TO HIS SONG!

Continue to give them these ideas.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

With Border Break finally escaping arcades to consoles after a decade (you can download the client now!), Square-Enix has stepped up to fill the void with another potentially cool arcade mecha game only in Japan: Starwing Paradox.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One of these years I really wish SRW had an option to replay individual stages from the flow chart. They gave a tantalizing hint of that with the bonus stage early in V, but boy it would be nice to be able replay any part of SRW, either to get the SR point or just to experience it again, any time I want, without making 80 different game saves or whatever.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

One of these years I really wish SRW had an option to replay individual stages from the flow chart. They gave a tantalizing hint of that with the bonus stage early in V, but boy it would be nice to be able replay any part of SRW, either to get the SR point or just to experience it again, any time I want, without making 80 different game saves or whatever.

I could not agree more with this. Just give me the stage and a lump sum of money to throw into some robots.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

1st Stage Midboss posted:

...that they started at "let's include these series, how do we make this work" and arrived at the setting premise of X rather than vice-versa...
This is honestly mind-boggling to me because it means whoever is in charge of the plotting took a look at a list which only really includes 2 actual "Fantasy Isekai" series with a bunch of Gundams and went "Yeah, that's the best way to hold everything together... if you squint really hard and say Cross Ange is fantasy because it has dragons and Nadia is fantasy because 1889 is in the past and that's good enough"

It would make more sense the other way round. I can only assume they didn't think they would be able to hold onto Wataru for long.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Between Nadia, Cross Ange, and Buddy Complex they should have just structured this game around anime with island episodes.

Shame Code Geass S1 isn't here, could have thrown that in too.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 3, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Between Nadia, Cross Ange, and Buddy Complex they should have just structured this game around anime with island episodes.

Could hang with Doaz in the original Mobile Suit Gundam too!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

The funniest loving joke in SRWV is that the island where Athrun and Cagalli crashlanded in SEED was the same one where the Cross Ange stuff happened so they just happened to know the weird dude who lived there.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://youtu.be/55HaxBAOivw Localized gameplay of New Gundam Breaker oh wow they're really going with that name huh.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The GIG posted:

https://youtu.be/55HaxBAOivw Localized gameplay of New Gundam Breaker oh wow they're really going with that name huh.

Oh man you can grab parts and equip them on the fly? That's so loving cool.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I am deeply saddened that Ange's Pop Out of the Cockpit to Shoot You Attack is her second weakest.

That should be her finisher.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The GIG posted:

Man the person they had playing that was terrible

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I guess it's an okay title, because it's a big departure from the old Gundam Breakers so it's a way to express that they're an entirely New line of Gundam Breaker games. Probably short sighted if they're still doing them in like 10 years and suddenly you've got like Gundam Breaker 4 and New Gundam Breaker 2 but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

I am deeply saddened that Ange's Pop Out of the Cockpit to Shoot You Attack is her second weakest.

I had the Vilkiss maxed out right away on my second run. EVERYTHING was a finisher for Ange. Putting her with Kallen next game will be amazing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

That is why we need cross series combo attack. Angle and Chirico just gunning down fools.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ethiser posted:

That is why we need cross series combo attack. Kallen and Chirico just gunning down fools.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
When do we get Patlabor again with the movie, for Noa's "climb out of cockpit, jump onto enemy and shotgun them three times" finisher?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Figure Mika's getting the double tap too, once IBO gets in. It's one of his bread and butter methods of murder, after all.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
New bits from the site:
  • New Ex Action Trick Attack: Ignore EN and ammo for one attack (not Will/skills).
  • New Ex Order Area Command: Boost the stats of all nearby units for one turn. Costs 2 ExC and stacks up to ten times. loving boats, y'all.
  • New Expert mode: Locks the difficulty to Hard and enemies will be "powered up to be stronger than in Standard Mode" (I assume this means they'll get something above and beyond the normal Hard upgrades??), and you get SR points automatically unless you tank and replay the stage.

There's also a little bit of plot/setting stuff that's mildly interesting but goddammit show us the originals already.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 7, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

New bits from the site:
  • New Ex Action Trick Attack: Ignore EN and ammo for one attack (not Will/skills).
  • New Ex Order Area Command: Boost the stats of all nearby units for one turn. Costs 2 ExC and stacks up to ten times. loving boats, y'all.
  • New Expert mode: Locks the difficulty to Hard and enemies will be "powered up to be stronger than in Standard Mode" (I assume this means they'll get something above and beyond the normal Hard upgrades??), and you get SR points automatically unless you tank and replay the stage.

There's also a little bit of plot/setting stuff that's mildly interesting but goddammit show us the originals already.

Oh, I originally heard Expert was "you have to get SR points to finish the stage." That honestly sounds a bit easier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Expert mode sounds like it could be interesting.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh unless we locked out of upgrades or something, Expert Mode honestly does sound easier.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Eh unless we locked out of upgrades or something, Expert Mode honestly does sound easier.

Yeah, that was my first thought. SR points are generally the hardest parts of the current stages, so unless this is much harder than the current games, I can't see how this is going to be harder.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My hope is that the "powerups" include extra skills and Ace bonuses, but on the whole, SR Points will probably at least be more interesting.

On the other hand, with all the "wipe out enemy in 4 turns" points out of the way, we might at least see some tactics that were off the table before...?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I originally heard Expert was "you have to get SR points to finish the stage." That honestly sounds a bit easier.
As written, it doesn't really make sense to me since it means that stages might be easier on the supposed "hardest" difficulty depending on what the SR point is unless the enemies get some serious "Fire Emblem Lunatic" tier boosts to the point where you don't need artificial restriction of SR points any more.

I kind of wonder if the previously revealed version was technically correct because the SR Point conditions get rolled into the standard Victory Condition on Expert mode, so you would in fact automatically get an SR Point in the process of just winning the stage by way of technicality.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Gespenst AIs are gonna randomly appear in every stage, complete with locked 50% evasion rates and a passive that disables focus and lockon.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Davzz posted:

As written, it doesn't really make sense to me since it means that stages might be easier on the supposed "hardest" difficulty depending on what the SR point is unless the enemies get some serious "Fire Emblem Lunatic" tier boosts to the point where you don't need artificial restriction of SR points any more.

I kind of wonder if the previously revealed version was technically correct because the SR Point conditions get rolled into the standard Victory Condition on Expert mode, so you would in fact automatically get an SR Point in the process of just winning the stage by way of technicality.

The way they put it seems more about enemy buffs than rule changes but I guess we'll see. But an "Expert mode" that just requires you to get SR Points isn't qualitatively different from just playing Standard Mode and getting all the SR Points. So I'm guessing it will be, at least nominally, a mode tuned enough to make you have to use tactics other than "burn everything." I hope that's the goal but then the question is if the framework, let alone the design talent, can actually make it work.

Bring back NEO, though, really.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Enemies will create danmaku fields and use spellcards

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Proper FMW Spell Cards would be amazing.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
God help us, I think stuff like the Pressure skill and the old Third Phase Sphere Actions from Z3 were their attempt at it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

EthanSteele posted:

Proper FMW Spell Cards would be amazing.

As long as I don't have to deal with bullshit like Flandre's "And then there were none"

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rascyc posted:

Gespenst AIs are gonna randomly appear in every stage, complete with locked 50% evasion rates and a passive that disables focus and lockon.

Not Impact again :gonk:

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Caphi posted:

Bring back NEO, though, really.

This is in no way an empty-quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I've been doing a NG+ run of OG1 out of boredom. I figured all that cash could make Giado useful, and he just got the kill on Bian. :psyduck:

• Locked thread