Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Most of those shitstains from the 80s receive a pass for being Aussie larrakin characters despite being a pack of loving crooks.

Also spell check tries to correct larrakin to lawbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Cartoon posted:

The Australian of the year was 19 94. Which is after his 'revival'. I find not being able to find any poo poo on him frustrating as hell but it is at least somewhat telling that his wiki page has no specific mention of his professional activities between leaving school and the BOC challenge in 1987. 'Sailed competitively' and 'trained as a builder' are a pretty sparse resume for a young buck in their prime.

Oops, my bad!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

congratulations to mr andrew bolt on a stunning misreading of the cabinet paper situation

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Spoonyman/status/958571846353522694

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Somehow nothing about the way the leak happened is surprising.

Probably didn't even keep a classified material register to realize anything was missing in the first place. Just print that poo poo off the office printer and chuck it in here, she'll be right mate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Bolt saying "state-funded ABC" (as a dogwhistle to his buddies about (((cultural marxism))) ) should be followed up by every one of his articles listing Andrew "Bought and Paid For by Rich People" Bolt

Andrew "paid to defend pedophiles" Bolt.

Andrew "convicted racist" Bolt.

Andrew "torture apologist" Bolt.

Andrew "concentration camp advocate" Bolt.

Good lord, I'm pretty sure I could go another 50 without trying. Given his own glass house, Bolt is the last person in the world to be tossing stones.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
Today was an especially weird day for me, I got to observe 3 frontline Centrelink staff bitching about "lefties". Why would anyone who worries about "leftism" work for the public service?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Frontline fighters against the poors.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Mr Chips posted:

Today was an especially weird day for me, I got to observe 3 frontline Centrelink staff bitching about "lefties". Why would anyone who worries about "leftism" work for the public service?

You should check out department of immigration some time lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also "centrist" idiots hate the left. I once spoke to a nurse who said she'd never join the union because it was costing the country money.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Solemn Sloth posted:

You should check out department of immigration some time lol

An old housemate of mine, who used to be an Amnesty International lawyer and worked on the Woomera detention centre High Court thing, is now EL2 in the Immigration Department. I can't fathom the mental gymnastics invovled in that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fell off a ladder?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

When I was on Work for the Dole there was a disturbingly large proportion of people who were fully right wing and one guy got extremely mad at me when I said Pauline Hanson was racist because I didn't provide any evidence of it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's just a job someone has to do it. Also an EL2 gets a lot of money and fucks off at 5:30.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Mr Chips posted:

They're the loving worst, they think they're giving out their own money. I wanted to kill the hateful little bastards when I worked with them. Needless to say, they're anti-union as well, "what does the union do for me?"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It doesn't do anything because you're a fat useless public servant.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

These people probably wear wrist supports for the intense mouse work they're doing. They disgust me.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

These people probably wear wrist supports for the intense mouse work they're doing. They disgust me.

Don't ever take their chair. THIS CHAIR IS ADJUSTED EXACTLY TO MY SPECIFIC BODY PARAMETERS AND EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANGE WILL CAUSE PERMANENT SPINAL INJURY. NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READJUST CHAIRS, WHY DO YOU ASK?

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Centrelink I worked at had a strong union presence and wasn't that poo poo :shrug:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Don't ever take their chair. THIS CHAIR IS ADJUSTED EXACTLY TO MY SPECIFIC BODY PARAMETERS AND EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANGE WILL CAUSE PERMANENT SPINAL INJURY. NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READJUST CHAIRS, WHY DO YOU ASK?

You find those people in many walks of life and they're all exactly as you described.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Starshark posted:

Why you going around fuckin' with people's chairs? :(

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Hobo Erotica posted:

Why you going around fuckin' with people's chairs? :(

Don't quote me fuckhead.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Real talk taking/adjusting someone else's chair and not returning it is a dick move.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Starshark posted:

Don't quote me fuckhead.

don't sign your posts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real talk the government or corporation's chair is not your chair unless a direct superior has assigned the chair to you and only to you and even then it is only yours insofar as you may sit on it exclusively until the time of your termination for making the workplace culture toxic beyond reckoning.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
my chair belongs to the taxpayer

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

So in addition to hating on fat people, thread now hates on public servants?

Good to know.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Starshark posted:

Don't quote me fuckhead.

What the hell is everyone's problem, Jesus Christ

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don't call me wingnut, gyppo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Everyone is raging bc the fuckin BLOOD MOON

TONIGHT, JBP JOINS THE HUNT.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Everyone is raging bc the fuckin BLOOD MOON

TONIGHT, JBP JOINS THE HUNT.
Hunt some good posts while you're at it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Don Dongington posted:

The larger issue which most "latte sect" vegans tend to ignore is that most of that poo poo takes a lot longer to prepare than disadvantaged people, who tend to work longer hours, have. The same applies to stay at home parents - caring for children is hard work, and soaking dried legumes while not the most difficult thing in the world is probably not as attractive a proposition vs meat + jar + pasta/rice.

I know these hurdles are not insurmountable, and it is possible to eat cleanly and ethically on a budget; but until governments or other bodies are willing to educate disadvantaged people on this they're going to keep eating cheap processed meat and dairy until the literal cows come home.

Lol

Just as an FYI cutting meat out of my diet was one of the biggest money savers

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CrazyTolradi posted:

Good to know.

public servants work for the government > the government is bad > public servants are bad

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

Good to know.

abolish the aps imo

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

abolish the aps imo

OK who bought an account for Erica Betz?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

bandaid.friend posted:

I don't think news corp would have supported changing the date if she was more polite. They'd have found something to fault in an Invasion Day march regardless. I don't want to blame her because a media empire is intent on making targets out of women of colour who step out of line

No but the goal of any protest is to change peoples' minds over an issue and inflammatory language like that is the last thing the movement needs. They're going up against a political machine, they can't afford to give them easy openings like that. Now the whole movement is being painted as a bunch of anarchists. What made the news? The fact that fuckloads of people are motivated enough by this issue to get out and protest, or some protester said mean things about Australia. The protest should have been be a PR triumph given the turnout, so gently caress her.

It isn't that hard. Dress nicely, don't act like a fuckwit, wave banners that say something uplifting, positive or funny rather than something violent. You want to draw people to the movement, not make them cringe. Most people do this but it only takes one person doing/saying something dumb to draw all the attention away.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the funniest to happen in australian politics since Abbott just happened and people are just relitigating forums grudges over a vegan protest

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I love hearing about how cheap and easy it is to make your own meals yet again.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
step one : kill and eat your nearest rich
step two : make extra so you have lunch ready for the next day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

but see the trick is to have a giant pot and to throw the cheapest ingredients into it and just cook the poo poo out of it and feed yourself for a fortnight and then spend the rest of the fortnight working your guts out to be able to afford the ingredients instead of being paid enough to have the time to cook properly and healthily

• Locked thread