Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

nickhimself posted:

that's what I loving thought

jesus christ these people are so inept it's insane

JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GUYS GET A LOAD OF ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE! IT'S REAL BAD! I'M GONNA SHOW YOU!!! I SWEAR!!!! JUST YOU WAIT!!! HAHAA!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE ALL SO FUUUUUUUUUUCKED!!!

why not show us now?

OH I'M GONNA!!!!

*days pass*

where's the memo dude

HAHA IT'S RIGHT HERE AND IT'S SO GOOD OH MAN YOU WISH YOU COULD READ IT AND YOU WILL VERY SOON

Reminds me of the fake news awards. Just taunting people with insane threats then too stupid to organize it to back it up. Then when people call them out they pull that old bully poo poo "what? you really wanted to get an award didn't you?! you're such a loser." It's all very presidential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I cannot wait until we collapse into a loose nation of city-states

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jukebox Hero posted:

It worked for the greeks.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

LifeSunDeath posted:

Reminds me of the fake news awards. Just taunting people with insane threats then too stupid to organize it to back it up. Then when people call them out they pull that old bully poo poo "what? you really wanted to get an award didn't you?! you're such a loser." It's all very presidential.

Joke will be on us when NK actually sets off a nuke.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sounds like a conspiracy to me

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
At this point I'm 100% confident that if Fox started saying straight conspiracy theorist bullshit like the moon landing was a hoax, about 50% of America would, overnight, believe it to be true. Fox has been steadily creeping into that realm for a while now, and their viewing base is so loving stupid that they just eat it up without question

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Jukebox Hero posted:

Yeehaw buddy, we don't need no LIB states side by side with us! We can do just fine here in *wipes crud off window* KENTUCKY!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

nickhimself posted:

At this point I'm 100% confident that if Fox started saying straight conspiracy theorist bullshit like the moon landing was a hoax, about 50% of America would, overnight, believe it to be true. Fox has been steadily creeping into that realm for a while now, and their viewing base is so loving stupid that they just eat it up without question

parents used to tell their kids that video games would rot their brain, turns out they were all dumb poo poo morons, who knew?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

nickhimself posted:

Hi, yes, ICE? It's me again. I just drove into Dearborn, Michigan. Please come quick. It's bad. Real, real bad.

:hmbol:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TulliusCicero posted:

Also Senate Intel commitee republicans want nothing to do with this stupidity and pretty much came out and said it. This farce is on Nunes and the drooling idiots of the HFC, and Paul Ryan the most cowardly speaker in the history of the United States.

yeah its explicitly paul ryan's job to tell them to stop being idiots and knock it off but he's so weak and useless he won't

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it's funny that with basically unlimited knowledge at our fingertips, people are actually becoming dumber instead of smarter

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

LifeSunDeath posted:

I wonder what threat/pay off/calculated attention seeking logic lead to Stormy Daniels doin a 180 all the sudden. Regardless, PISS.

She didn't. The statement was fake.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol you fuckmen are really going to war with NK

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In the event of a nuclear exchange with NK, would Putin be nudged into using his cool cobalt doomsday torpedo ? Asking for all my friends

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

unpacked robinhood posted:

Why

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

unpacked robinhood posted:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Because the president is a retard

burning swine
May 26, 2004

god dammit I was caught up with this thread at 6pm last night and now i'm 900 posts behind

gently caress it, skipping em.

we!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Leon Einstein posted:

Ryan just reminds me of that annoying as gently caress kid you knew when you were little that was the biggest kiss rear end tattle tale bitch. His face looks like it's begging to be punched.

It's no coincidence that he was voted "Biggest Brown Noser" by his senior class in high school.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

old beast lunatic posted:

Because the president is a retard

not as retarded as our dear friend bape culture here though

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

That's the one. Nunes wrote it and by all not-crazy-person accounts it's basically conspiracy theorist cork board of photographs connected by string insanity. But the republicans have all gone full nutso and have declared it proof of vast left-wing conspiracy to prevent America from being made great again. This has led to the right-wing loons demanding the release of the memo so that the truth will finally get out there. Trump gets all of his briefings filtered through that so he thinks the memo must be great and will make people join his side.

Which means that when it's released, it's going to be a giant fart that amounts to nothing while the nutjobs declare victory.

Republican staffers on the House Intelligence Committee wrote it, and even just based on the descriptions of it it seems like sophistic batshit. Time has this:

quote:

In particular, the GOP memo reportedly argues that the FBI misused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) when it built a case for obtaining a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page. CNN reported that the GOP memo specifically cites the roles of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and outgoing deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. The New York Times reported the GOP memo also claims that the FISA warrant was improper because it relied on information from former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele, author of a notorious but unsubstantiated dossier about Trump’s alleged ties to Russia.

iirc, There was a previous FISA warrant out on an American (who most people think to be Carter Page, who was frequently traveling to Russia & FBI/DOJ/CIA thought that he might either be compromised or the Russians were in the process of setting him up to be compromised), but FISA warrants have a time limit & have to be renewed. The DoJ/etc. let it lapse. Then, in the summer of 2016, they got a new FISA warrant out on (presumably) Page based upon some new information. That new information may have been the Steele dossier, and the Steele dossier is sometimes mentioned as corroborating prior intelligence the FBI had (even from sources within the Trump campaign). The Steele dossier has also been independently corroborated at least in part, and there's this new document- the Shearer memo, which says much the same things.

It gets harder to postulate as it gets more attenuated without hard evidence, and with everyone cherry-picking facts and muddying the waters, "hard evidence" becomes a matter of debate. Which might the the whole point- it's starting to feel like a massive disinformation campaign.

Also, the DoJ has come out against the release of the memo, calling it "extremely reckless" because it may compromise intelligence assets and intelligence methodologies. It would also be the first time in history the House Intelligence Committee released classified information.

Seriously, no one has done this before. A process exists, but it is historically untried. And Donald Trump is going to be the first president to do so.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jose posted:

not as retarded as our dear friend bape culture here though

You piece of poo poo. You goddamn motherfucker

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Demon Of The Fall posted:

it's funny that with basically unlimited knowledge at our fingertips, people are actually becoming dumber instead of smarter
Try pouring a gallon of water into a dixie cup.

Then try it a second time, but fill the cup with garbage first.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Knight posted:

Try pouring a gallon of water into a dixie cup.

Then try it a second time, but fill the cup with garbage first.

This is beautiful.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Haha I just remembered the President of the United States got his dick sucked by Alex Jones on INFOWARS.COM, the same website that has multiple videos explaining how sandy hook was a false flag and all those parents with dead kids are lying.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

nickhimself posted:

They already ate up the "Obama's not from America, the birth certificate is fake" garbage. They love the "Climate Change isn't real" narrative. When Trump insinuated that Ted Cruz's father was involved in a conspiracy to murder JFK they reported that and didn't immediately call bullshit. That's not even getting into the realm of "Hillary Clinton murdered a bunch of people in cold blood and is possibly a witch who "spirit cooks"" which pops up on shows like Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

If Trump slips further into dementia and starts ranting about Obama's moon wizards raining meteors down on us, Fox will report this and we'll get reports of hundreds of morons discharging their guns into the air.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There gotta be some kind of reckoning after all of this is over and the nuclear fallout has settled. All of you in the developed blue states, you gonna have to drive to third world America and push every single hick's face into a book until those motherfuckers alphabetize themselves.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Oscar Wild posted:

Representative Devin Nunes is a goon and has compiled all the fbi conspiracy fan fiction into a "memo". The "memo" is a maguffin, the right hand of the magician. Meant to draw the attention away from the MRSA infection that is the Trump presidency.

So its similar to the russia dossier where that lovely PI hired by the DNC made up a bunch of fake russian sources and piss tape stuff?

And for the guy asking if DOJ is mostly republican, they were historically. But most big three letter gov agencies are just pro big-government now and big business. Hence why the FBI were totally comfortable wiretapping an election candidate. They were big supports of Clinton 1 and Bush 2. But since trump is a crazy loon wildcard and not part of the old guard of politics, they supported Clinton 2.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

there will be no punishment. there is no catharsis in their telling. this is not an exit.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Organize a massive satanic liberal road trip consisting of self-driving teslas. Hit every small town main street in middle america with both middle fingers out the window. (this is why you need self driving teslas)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

god dammit I was caught up with this thread at 6pm last night and now i'm 900 posts behind

gently caress it, skipping em.

we!
In my experience, 99% of unread posts are some combination of "THE RETARD!?!!?", "my balls are howled off and in orbit" and pure fatalism so you're not missing much :D

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

old beast lunatic posted:

Organize a massive satanic liberal road trip consisting of self-driving teslas. Hit every small town main street in middle america with both middle fingers out the window. (this is why you need self driving teslas)

are you serious? those people are unstable retards and armed to the teeth. no thanks.

e: armed to the gums, teeth are optional

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

1. To show their congregation how godless fuckers like North Korea are evil and “here is an example of their godless propaganda!!!”. His official statement was about some secret society but people involved basically said he did it for a free van.
2. Because they’re retarded biblethumpers from rural Indiana or some poo poo

Trump was heavily pettyfogging as an emotional tactic and it’s pretty gross if you know the actual story, he wasn’t some random American guy who was touring the country and was randomly whisked away as Trump implied by omission

I liked Trumps mention of a NK showtrial right after endorsing Gitmo and its showtrials/notrials

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

are you serious? those people are unstable retards and armed to the teeth. no thanks.

e: armed to the gums, teeth are optional

They're actually retard pussies hope this helps.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I'd say we should devote research into developing a drug that helps reprogram the brain so it can detect and reject conspiracy theories and questionable bullshit, but that would inevitably bleed into religiosity and the literal nano second that came to light the research would be instantly destroyed

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

patonthebach posted:

Hence why the FBI were totally comfortable wiretapping an election candidate.

but that never happened though

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Remember when the CDC was told to stop using such terms as "evidence bases"? loving nuke us already

I thought that was the EPA, because evidence shows that climate change is 100% real.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Don Gato posted:

I thought that was the EPA, because evidence shows that climate change is 100% real.

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/365204-trump-admin-bans-cdc-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

nickhimself posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhpQ6rYigw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bardeh posted:

but that never happened though

Actually, I think you'll find that Obama "tapped Trump's wires". There was some discussion of microwaves being turned into cameras, all of it definitely very scientific.