Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just got a letter today that if you were using REAP that you can now convert to post-9/11 GI bill. I tried to do this about a year and a half ago and was denied; glad to see I can actually do it for real now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just got an email from the registrar informing me that my .edu account and address will be shitcanned at the end of January because I'm no longer a student. Kinda pissed off now, because we were supposed to have access to the account for 12 months after graduation, and I graduated last May, and I don't have my new phone yet, so I figured porting all the poo poo I wanted to keep around was going to be a bitch with an existing phone that I had separate accounts on.

Turns out Gmail now offers complete archiving of your accounts, as well as the transfer of all content from one gmail account to another. So that's dope, I guess.

Also, gonna need to find some more free poo poo to sign up for with an .edu address by Tuesday.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
amazon prime is $49 for students.

microsoft office is free.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

amazon prime is $49 for students.

microsoft office is free.

Six month free trial no less! That you can activate even if you already have a Prime account!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Like, proper free trial with just the .edu address, or one of those joint deals where you set up an account and it's verified through your school somehow?

Because the latter already doesn't work for me anymore. The smart mans at my school deactivate those features for students once you're not enrolled in a graduate / postgraduate program after the summer / winter following your graduation.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, proper free trial with just the .edu address, or one of those joint deals where you set up an account and it's verified through your school somehow?

Because the latter already doesn't work for me anymore. The smart mans at my school deactivate those features for students once you're not enrolled in a graduate / postgraduate program after the summer / winter following your graduation.

I think I just linked my .edu to my account. It takes like 2 seconds to hop on and verify yourself?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Initial reactions:

1) This thing is slick A.F.
2) The pen attaches via magnet to the top of the tablet!!!

free magnetic healing sounds like a good deal

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah I’ve been using the Amazon prime for about a month now. Includes video.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

taking the gre today, standardized testing is stupid, gently caress you to whoever got everything but old fashioned pencils banned, hail satan

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
It's not even hard, chill out and relax. You can always take it again in a month.

I was just happy to be able to finally put a number on how dumb I was when compared to my peers.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My ETS was on the 18th. I tried applying for the GIB on the VA website but got a "we don't know who TF you are lol go away" message, when I tried the day after. But, tried today, and it accepted my application!

Unfortunately now I have to make a trip to DEERS to get a new CAC because mine expired on my ETS fml

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Why would you need a new cac if you're out? I don't think you're going to be able to get one unless you're reserve/guard.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Yeah, you're gonna get your CAC taken away and replaced by one of those old green IDs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My CAC expired on my ETS day :( Do those green IDs have the smart chip and allow login to iperms and poo poo?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Nope.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait then how do I get into iperms? It's CAC-only (EAMS) now.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

You don't.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why do you still need access to iperms?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Why do you still need access to iperms?

If you say "because I need to download some form or other," then lol gently caress you for not planning ahead. You knew you were going to ETS for the past three years and eleven months.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

You can't get into iPERMS but you can last I looked go to the Army HRC website and look at "My Reserve/Guard Record" or whatever which somehow has everything that's been input into iPERMS over the years.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

McNally posted:

If you say "because I need to download some form or other," then lol gently caress you for not planning ahead. You knew you were going to ETS for the past three years and eleven months.

Okay yes I did download all my poo poo January 12th. However, my unit has scanned my ETS paperwork and stuff into iperms...on the 20th. My card expired on the 18th. So, gently caress you too then?

DoktorLoken posted:

You can't get into iPERMS but you can last I looked go to the Army HRC website and look at "My Reserve/Guard Record" or whatever which somehow has everything that's been input into iPERMS over the years.

Thanks. I've taken a look but it appears broken today with a server error. I'll check that again in a bit if it ever comes back up.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do you not have a copy of your DD-214? That and medical records are about the only paperwork you'll need now that you're out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

lightpole posted:

I think I just linked my .edu to my account. It takes like 2 seconds to hop on and verify yourself?

Yeah, that's the problem, the verification works via the school's account, and the school blocks the services once you're no longer enrolled post-graduation.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I keep certified copies of all my awards and decorations in my assault bag in case anyone tries to stolen valor while on campus.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I keep a copy of my laminated permanent profile in case any of my teachers want me to do PT

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ha ha very funny but I was just paranoid I'd need some obscure paper or something in the future (it is tax time and there are audits and stuff) because, as you are all very aware, the military is proficient in finding new ways to gently caress you over that you haven't even thought of, and I wanted to be prepared. So, I download my poo poo on the 12th and get an email notification of new documents uploaded to iperms 2 days after my ETS. Any contact from anything related to AKO or any of that poo poo is cause enough for alarm so I just wanted to be covered. This is new and I don't loving know what could happen so gently caress me right

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

the military is proficient in finding new ways to gently caress you over that you haven't even thought of, and I wanted to be prepared.
Okay, this one I totally understand.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

mods change my name posted:

I keep certified copies of all my awards and decorations in my assault bag in case anyone tries to stolen valor while on campus.

hua

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mods change my name posted:

Who did you steal the assault pack from though?

Probably some homeless veteran.

Shame on you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm done that was stupid

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, that's the problem, the verification works via the school's account, and the school blocks the services once you're no longer enrolled post-graduation.

That sucks.

Someone posted that Amazon and some other sites were giving deals to students in here so I did it then. If anyone else doesn't know, link your .edu to Amazon or Spotify or some other places and get student discounts while you can.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hey is there any kind of extension program for benefits? This semester uses up my remaining month of post-9/11 time, but I'll still be about 7 credits short of my degree (due to some fuckups on my part over the years).

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Apply for Voc Rehab if you've got a rating?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I don't have any rating. Probably could have gotten a low one for tinnitus but too late for that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

brand engager posted:

I don't have any rating. Probably could have gotten a low one for tinnitus but too late for that.

Tinnitus is an automatic 10% if you ever spent any time around anything loud (e.g. guns and engines)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Or apparently most people's asses in here as I've learned recently

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i like to mildly cheeky on my homework

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's been a week and I still can't get Vets.gov to load to even CHECK my GI Bill eligibility.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Have you tried https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ ?

Edit: nevermind, I guess they redid the websites since the last time I used them and the old benefits site redirects to the new vets.gov site. My bad.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I sat on the site for about an hour yesterday and it would always throw errors about my eligibillity. Then, miraculously, after a page refresh, it showed my benefits.