Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Everybody in the last 2 pages screeching about Dod need to just... stop.

It's dumb, it's beaten to death at this point, and there isn't poo poo that's gonna change about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

You think he woulda actually let them walk away?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I make only good posts.

It is the thread that turns them bad.

Make like Elsa (the Disney character, not the permabanned pedo) and let it go. You are seeking reason where there is none that you will comprehend, from sources that do not care. Clear your mind of whimsy, and find focus in the light of exploding carriers.

TADYATHA / OM
BHEKHANDZYE
BHEKHANDZYE MAHA
BHEKHANDZYE
[BHEKHANDZYE] / RADZA
SAMUDGATE SVAHA  

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

scandoslav posted:

You think he woulda actually let them walk away?

The immediate precursor to that is one of his dogs of war getting boomeranged in the head, I doubt he would let them out of there alive lol. Then again, what was he letting them walk away into? The Australian Outback? That's some of the most hostile to life terrain in the world, even now.

This is what they would have been walking away into.

Lord Humongous didn't have to kill them to kill them, the outback would have done that quite nicely.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 31, 2018

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

orange juche posted:

The immediate precursor to that is one of his dogs of war getting boomeranged in the head, I doubt he would let them out of there alive lol. Then again, what was he letting them walk away into? The Australian Outback? That's some of the most hostile to life terrain in the world, even now.

This is what they would have been walking away into.

Lord Humongous didn't have to kill them to kill them, the outback would have done that quite nicely.

Quit doxxing the location of my house, dickface. :argh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Quit doxxing the location of my house, dickface. :argh:

Bullshit we all know your name is P. Sherman and you live at 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney, NSW, Australia.

That picture is nowhere near Sydney.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Ok so you actually want me to explain further, Jesus Christ.

Generally, calling people insane retards is one of the many ways of making them hate you. To use Eve (and this thread) as an example, when a former member of the Alliance voices a gripe they had personally experienced, it is wrong to call them a bitter ex and dismiss their input because they left. This is called Gaslighting and is is a way of deflecting the blame of one's (or one's organization's) actions onto the people who bring it up.

In most cases, if someone cares about a flaw enough to talk about it, you should take a moment and try to look at it from their perspective. Try to put yourself in their shoes and consider their experiences. While often people are coloured by their own biases, you should still make a genuine effort to acknowledge their concerns in such a way that you'll be able to make a positive change in your life.

If, for example, someone were to take issue with the response to a genuine question regarding the disappearance of money from a corporation wallet, and your first instinct is to jump on them and call them a crazy paranoid idiot who is out to make you look bad, you should consider why that is your knee-jerk reaction and perhaps if you have some vulnerability issues that make you want to leap to the defense of your friends and discredit the offender with name calling and insults.

We need to consider every potential concern people have with a critical eye and use it as an opportunity to improve. We do not grow as people, or as organizations, if we only accept positive remarks on our conduct. We have an obligation to those around us to try to be the best we possibly can, and even if we make a mistake, a genuine attempt to improve in the future is often worth more than simply being "good."

This is getting long-winded but I can continue if you want.

good god, you gotta find another hobby my dude

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

Also, I'm not sure why you're using the Drone Synthesis Projector subsystem at all. The Hybrid Encoding Platform is objectively better.

:negative:
Because I have Drones skill nearly maxed out and I have very pitiful Blaster skills, I can't even use T2 blasters yet. Thats next on the training after I finished all these subsystem skills up to 4. Also the fitting you are recommending it like double the cost of what I already have, with all the fancy navy/deadspace modules.

I donno about doing that. I feel like when I lose this ship it is going to be because of my inexperience and stupidity, not because I need 10% more HP or something. I will fit with that kind of stuff once I've been in a few scraps already and understand why I need it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My suggestion is that if you want to fly t3 cruisers, learn to fly cruiser sized ships first that are cheaper and don't lose you skill points when they die (you do realize that when a T3 cruiser dies, you lose SP right?)

I'd suggest vexors or vexor navy issues if you dig drones.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That reminds me. Are cyclones not poo poo yet? I really wanted to fly them back in the day but they seemed to have all of the disadvantages of cruisers and battleships and made me sad.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Welcome to the EVE Online Thread Newsroom! I'm Viva and I'll be your host this morning. Our top story today is Dod Kalm. Hole Squad member "A Minotaur Who Rapes Elves" has raised allegations that World of Warships esports player Dod Kalm stole 212 billion isk from the corp wallet prior to the banning or migration of literally everyone in hole squad. I reached out to Dod Kalm last night and he had this to say.

CFC Directors Querns and Weaselior refuted the allegations by gaslighting and concern trolling. More on this breaking story as it develops. Next we'll have an interview with forums poster "Zephyrine/Autistic Awl" wherein she talks about how 10% of her brain has changed her life forever. #autismspeaks.

Correction: Querns is apparently not a director but "just some guy who has no clue why people take him serious." He is not at all friends with anyone important. We apologize for this error in publication.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 31, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carth Dookie posted:

My suggestion is that if you want to fly t3 cruisers, learn to fly cruiser sized ships first that are cheaper and don't lose you skill points when they die (you do realize that when a T3 cruiser dies, you lose SP right?)

I'd suggest vexors or vexor navy issues if you dig drones.

And which T1 cruiser can fit a covert op cloak, combat probes, and bubble immunity? gently caress off, "fly a vexor". I've been doing that for the last 5 months and I'm bored of it. I have over 6b isk sitting in my wallet, if I wanted to fly T1 garbage I could have done that ages ago. I could replace 1000 Vexors, it's not even exciting to fly from a "I might lose this" perspective.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Viva Miriya posted:

Welcome to the EVE Online Thread Newsroom! I'm Viva and I'll be your host this morning. Our top story today is Dod Kalm. Hole Squad member "A Minotaur Who Rapes Elves" has raised allegations that World of Warships esports player Dod Kalm stole 212 billion isk from the corp wallet prior to the banning or migration of literally everyone in hole squad. I reached out to Dod Kalm last night and he had this to say.

CFC Directors Querns and Weaselior refuted the allegations by gaslighting and concern trolling. More on this breaking story as it develops. Next we'll have an interview with forums poster "Zephyrine/Autistic Awl" wherein she talks about how 10% of her brain has changed her life forever. #autismspeaks.

Correction: Querns is apparently not a director but "just some guy who has no clue why people take him serious." He is not at all friends with anyone important. We apologize for this error in publication.

Mr. Dozer, how do you respond to the allegations that you may not, in fact, be gay.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I'm actually more concerned that you think Hole Violence didn't identify with the Alliance for some reason when that is a demonstrably false assumption.

We both known since December that, for whatever god forsaken reason, this has apparently been the party line for a while. Dunno why yet another accusation would shock you.

The entire problem is that literally everyone involved was operating on the worst information possible which nobody really cared to correct. And since all eve players are firmly on the spectrum; Those of us that could or tried are generally bad at it. Neglect, apathy, and mixed messages are what killed the sig, and the SA thread isn't going to fix it.

Let us all chill and play bad games. Namaste~

fakeedit: I mean monster hunter is out so

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*clears throat*

JUST gently caress ALREADY

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Marxalot posted:

fakeedit: I mean monster hunter is out so

Not for PC :colbert:

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

RhoA posted:

Not for PC :colbert:

Monster Hunter is the cancer that is killing Whole Squid.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
It's also an incredibly loving weird game so far.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
ITT we find various people who skipped class on that day in kindergarten where we learned to say, "I'm sorry, I must have said that wrong," and then work things out.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Try to put yourself in their shoes and consider their experiences. While often people are coloured by their own biases, you should still make a genuine effort to acknowledge their concerns in such a way that you'll be able to make a positive change in your life.

You should consider the possibility that the problem is you, not them.

And that’s based on what’s happened in this thread alone.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Ynglaur posted:

ITT we find various people who skipped class on that day in kindergarten where we learned to say, "I'm sorry, I must have said that wrong," and then work things out.

Nah, magic rabbit hat is wrong on this one and queens and weasels are raking him over the coals for being so obtuse, given his assumptions on what happened. I hope to God he never finds himself in a situation where has to blow the whistle on anything that actually matters.

If you think the directorate is looking the other way to facilitate embezzlement, why on Earth would you start making noise to the directorate ???? That's how people get put against the wall.

Also, the part about "what's gonna happen to HS people's stuff after they defected???" That's why you have your parachute ready BEFORE you leave corp or get yourself booted.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ynglaur posted:

It a consequence of the medium. No one ever worked out personality conflicts using public message boards. The second this issue could not be resolved over voice chat it was irreconcilable

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

DisgracelandUSA posted:

That's why you have your parachute ready BEFORE you leave corp or get yourself booted.

Always have a backup and a backup backup set up.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rutibex posted:

:negative:
Because I have Drones skill nearly maxed out and I have very pitiful Blaster skills, I can't even use T2 blasters yet. Thats next on the training after I finished all these subsystem skills up to 4. Also the fitting you are recommending it like double the cost of what I already have, with all the fancy navy/deadspace modules.

I donno about doing that. I feel like when I lose this ship it is going to be because of my inexperience and stupidity, not because I need 10% more HP or something. I will fit with that kind of stuff once I've been in a few scraps already and understand why I need it.

Fair, I guess apparently the drone subsystem is actually better at applying DPS which is :psyduck:

Yeah, the fit may be expensive but if you've got 6B to burn why not go whole hog on a pimped T3C or ten? T3Cs are like Machariels in that way, a little bit of bling goes a long way to make them better at what they do.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
Maybe I'm just dense and am having too hard a time following this, but has any evidence actually been put forward regarding this crazy hole squad afk embezzlement conspiracy theory?

I have no dog in this fight, but it kind of seems to have reached the point of "put up or shut up."

Or am I missing something?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I'm pretty disappointed in learning that there is in fact, no embezzlement and I demand a new, more crooked leadership.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

The Marauder posted:

Maybe I'm just dense and am having too hard a time following this, but has any evidence actually been put forward regarding this crazy hole squad afk embezzlement conspiracy theory?

I have no dog in this fight, but it kind of seems to have reached the point of "put up or shut up."

Or am I missing something?

I was only a second hand party to this and wasn't around during whatever happened some years ago that started the rumors, but to my knowledge it was "already dealt with at a directorate level". There was more to the drama than the 80b (though that was a massive amount, comparatively speaking), which most everyone assumed was probably safekeeping.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Nah, magic rabbit hat is wrong on this one and queens and weasels are raking him over the coals for being so obtuse, given his assumptions on what happened. I hope to God he never finds himself in a situation where has to blow the whistle on anything that actually matters.

If you think the directorate is looking the other way to facilitate embezzlement, why on Earth would you start making noise to the directorate ???? That's how people get put against the wall.

Also, the part about "what's gonna happen to HS people's stuff after they defected???" That's why you have your parachute ready BEFORE you leave corp or get yourself booted.

They've said some wrong things, they've said some right things, they've said some disingenuous things. But wrt #2 not wanting (more) drama and hurt feelings is why certain rumors stayed that way. Calling out space friends is unchill, doing so when they've actually done nothing wrong (free Garr Khan) is extremely unchill. As for #3 the majority of us are still in GSF. Not much defection there.

dragonshardz posted:

Fair, I guess apparently the drone subsystem is actually better at applying DPS which is :psyduck:

Yeah, the fit may be expensive but if you've got 6B to burn why not go whole hog on a pimped T3C or ten? T3Cs are like Machariels in that way, a little bit of bling goes a long way to make them better at what they do.

It largely depends on the fit but hell yes pimped T3Cs own. Brick tanked tackle lokis* own.

*my knowledge is several patch cycles behind so if you follow -my- advice for some god forsaken reason and get owned then that's on you boo

e: now we just need someone to unironically claim whole squad died over a falcon and I think we'll have looped back around to the start of the cycle

please do the needful

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 31, 2018

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Marxalot posted:

e: now we just need someone to unironically claim whole squad died over a falcon and I think we'll have looped back around to the start of the cycle

please do the needful

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

If we always have that much money, why does it always take weeks to get our SRP payouts?

It was SRP all along guys

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Inshallah.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Marxalot posted:

I was only a second hand party to this and wasn't around during whatever happened some years ago that started the rumors, but to my knowledge it was "already dealt with at a directorate level". There was more to it than the 80b, which most everyone assumed was probably safekeeping.

we don't really monitor how membercorp ceos (or sig/squad leaders, and hole squad was an odd cross between all three) spend money at a low level. if someone had come to me and said they thought dod was misusing hole squad funds i probably would have pulled the squad funding if it seemed to be being wasted, but sigs/squads/etc are given plenty of leeway about how they spend any stipends they use, and mostly need to justify it if they suddenly want more and i want to know why the previous amounts aren't good enough. "i'm spending all our money plexing myself" is usually going to result in "huh i guess you don't need a stipend anymore", but i'm never going to be idly combing through spending and demanding people account for every 100m. if we want people to lead sigs/squads/etc we need to let them make decisions. they know more than I do about what their group needs, and if they don't, then they're the wrong person for the job anyway (which isn't really my department). we always have the ability to go back and look and ask if there's anything odd if our suspicions get raised, but we can't run groups while micromanaging them and have them work at all.

the only thing that i got asked (indirectly) to investigate was the 80b. there's no way i would have bothered investigating allegations that other money was misspent that suddenly popped up when there was internal drama that hadn't been raised when there wasn't. if someone had asked, like, a month before the drama happened (and didn't lead off with "we assume dod is embezzling with alliance approval because apparently he's close personal friends with every single director and you're all corrupt" nonsense) i'd have asked a few questions to see if there was anything that made me think there was any reason to inquire further. like if SRP was frequently delayed, ask how long: stipends get done monthly so if they were delayed late in the month that would make perfect sense. if they'd been delayed for three months, then i might have started asking what the money we were providing went to. but i'm not going to micromanage someone, or waste a ton of time combing through api records to find suspicious stuff, based on the sort of nonsense that "i heard from someone else that maybe there's something there", that's not worth my time to investigate or the irritation to the group leader of getting micromanaged or put under a microscope.

magic rabbit hat, despite his ~nobody dares speak up for fear of the directorate~ nonsense got called an idiot and that was it. i'm not going to get someone booted for asking stupid questions, though if i remember them i will probably ignore them in the future.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yes that's all very interesting but why is the disconnected direkkktorate covering up that Dod Kalm was on My 600lbs Life?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yes that's all very interesting but why is the disconnected direkkktorate covering up that Dod Kalm was on My 600lbs Life?

The real drama, always hidden behind a layer of obscurity.

Well?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I held a girl's hand for the first time today :glomp:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Because he lost almost 500 of it and is doing much better now.

evilweasel posted:

we don't really monitor how membercorp ceos (or sig/squad leaders, and hole squad was an odd cross between all three) spend money at a low level. if someone had come to me and said they thought dod was misusing hole squad funds i probably would have pulled the squad funding if it seemed to be being wasted, but sigs/squads/etc are given plenty of leeway about how they spend any stipends they use, and mostly need to justify it if they suddenly want more and i want to know why the previous amounts aren't good enough. "i'm spending all our money plexing myself" is usually going to result in "huh i guess you don't need a stipend anymore", but i'm never going to be idly combing through spending and demanding people account for every 100m. if we want people to lead sigs/squads/etc we need to let them make decisions. they know more than I do about what their group needs, and if they don't, then they're the wrong person for the job anyway (which isn't really my department). we always have the ability to go back and look and ask if there's anything odd if our suspicions get raised, but we can't run groups while micromanaging them and have them work at all.

the only thing that i got asked (indirectly) to investigate was the 80b. there's no way i would have bothered investigating allegations that other money was misspent that suddenly popped up when there was internal drama that hadn't been raised when there wasn't. if someone had asked, like, a month before the drama happened (and didn't lead off with "we assume dod is embezzling with alliance approval because apparently he's close personal friends with every single director and you're all corrupt" nonsense) i'd have asked a few questions to see if there was anything that made me think there was any reason to inquire further. like if SRP was frequently delayed, ask how long: stipends get done monthly so if they were delayed late in the month that would make perfect sense. if they'd been delayed for three months, then i might have started asking what the money we were providing went to. but i'm not going to micromanage someone, or waste a ton of time combing through api records to find suspicious stuff, based on the sort of nonsense that "i heard from someone else that maybe there's something there", that's not worth my time to investigate or the irritation to the group leader of getting micromanaged or put under a microscope.

magic rabbit hat, despite his ~nobody dares speak up for fear of the directorate~ nonsense got called an idiot and that was it. i'm not going to get someone booted for asking stupid questions, though if i remember them i will probably ignore them in the future.

I wasn't really trying to snipe at you or anything. Dude asked what the christ all the embezzlement talk was about, and I said 1) it was squashed so its not a big deal and 2) there was originally more to the story than a single windfall payment one time (knowing this, much like falcon SRP, makes everything that just happened seem less stupid than it looks from the outside). I wasn't trying to imply you "missed something" (literally don't even know enough to make halfassed accusations), and I'm well aware y'all aren't going to be combing through corp/sig/alliance assets constantly. We have about a billion membercorps and dozens of sigs; Constant surveillance would be retarded.

Also the worst information possible comment wasn't targeted at you. It was more of a general description of All This Dumb poo poo that happened to the sig.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 31, 2018

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Grats on your first day as a Nail Technician! I knew you could do it! :hf:

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

Gratz on losing your hand-holding virginity.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

For what it is worth, I did find it helpful. Thanks.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
loving juicy drama bombs yo. First mistake was going to Atrum lmao like he's going to not be an rear end in a top hat when presenting your case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

loving juicy drama bombs yo. First mistake was going to Atrum lmao like he's going to not be an rear end in a top hat when presenting your case

i don;t think atrum was the girl whose hand was held by a goon in this thread, op

• Locked thread