Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

im pooping! posted:

im fairly certain this is unsweetened chocolate, not dark chocolate. i remember watching a video in psychology class where they did this same thing to children and older children pretended they liked it and even asked for more while younger children instinctively made a lovely face

They did a really interesting experiment to do with the emotional understanding/societal conditioning of children. They had someone make some lemonade with salt in it, which obviously tasted disgusting. The person told the group (1 group of boys, 1 of girls) how much time they had spent making it and hoping they would like it. The boys told them it was horrible, the girls said it was nice so they wouldn't hurt the persons feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

*wheeze*

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article197379284.html

I looked at the quote without looking at the link and thought it was an Onion article. Jesus he's even more of a fuckhead than I thought.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think my favorite part of that video is the dude's hype man leaving right before poo poo gets real.

Are they both dressed identically????

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Gorilla Salad posted:

Because the cabinet was heavy and they couldn't find the keys :ughh:

I think this beats the time someone left top secret documents on the train because they fell asleep and almost missed their stop. We actually, legally sold the filing cabinet and its contents because our public servants were too lazy to call a locksmith for a cabinet used to store thousands of top secret files.
Filing cabinet locks aren't even that secure. We had the same thing at work, a cabinet that nobody could find the keys for and we were going to surplus it (I work for state government). I own a set of lockpicks and offered to bring them in and pick it. It took me all of about 7 seconds to do it, and the manager went :stare: "That's not very secure, is it?" The cabinet had a bunch of personnel files in it with SSN's/DOB/etc. That would have been bad.

You could probably pick it with a bent paperclip in under a minute, they're really lovely.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Filing cabinet locks aren't even that secure. We had the same thing at work, a cabinet that nobody could find the keys for and we were going to surplus it (I work for state government). I own a set of lockpicks and offered to bring them in and pick it. It took me all of about 7 seconds to do it, and the manager went :stare: "That's not very secure, is it?" The cabinet had a bunch of personnel files in it with SSN's/DOB/etc. That would have been bad.

You could probably pick it with a bent paperclip in under a minute, they're really lovely.

You could probably have opened it by just whacking the lock hard enough.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

"Hey, man, there's a beverage here!"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Trig Discipline posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

*wheeze*

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article197379284.html

What a loving dickwad.

quote:

...Brownback pushed back on the suggestion that as the state’s governor since 2011 he had responsibility for the underfunding of state hospitals and prisons.
“For 155 years? No,” Brownback said.
Pressed again on the fact that he had been governor for seven years, Brownback replied, “And we got a new prison, didn’t we?”

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

chitoryu12 posted:

Are they both dressed identically????

#squadgoals

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

I can't stop laughing at the blond girl's look of distress.

You can see the feeling of betrayal creep into her face. Betrayal of the benefactor, betrayal of perception, betrayal of God.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SubponticatePoster posted:

Most locks are really only about deterring the 90% of thieves who don't care enough about stealing poo poo to make an effort at breaking in. Most burglars will just try doors and windows to see if they're unlocked and ignore it if they can't just waltz right in without any effort. It's part laziness and part not wanting to spend time and effort making noise and getting caught. We had a burglar once try to break into the conex container out back, and he got as far as smashing one of the two padlocks he would have needed to get off before leaving.

With your office, I'd say the filing cabinet lock is the last thing that would ever deter a thief. You've probably got door locks and an alarm system that would have to be broken long before the thief ever gets to the cabinet, and I'm pretty sure nobody cares enough about robbing your office to go to such an extent for some random paperwork. The people most likely to steal and abuse that info are the ones who have unrestricted access already.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

chitoryu12 posted:

Most locks are really only about deterring the 90% of thieves who don't care enough about stealing poo poo to make an effort at breaking in. Most burglars will just try doors and windows to see if they're unlocked and ignore it if they can't just waltz right in without any effort. It's part laziness and part not wanting to spend time and effort making noise and getting caught. We had a burglar once try to break into the conex container out back, and he got as far as smashing one of the two padlocks he would have needed to get off before leaving.

With your office, I'd say the filing cabinet lock is the last thing that would ever deter a thief. You've probably got door locks and an alarm system that would have to be broken long before the thief ever gets to the cabinet, and I'm pretty sure nobody cares enough about robbing your office to go to such an extent for some random paperwork. The people most likely to steal and abuse that info are the ones who have unrestricted access already.

"locks only keep honest people honest"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dude was knocked out before he even got his back broken and concrete floor head bounce.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dont start fights you cant win, well, just dont start fights. Its not cool

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Burt Sexual posted:

Dude was knocked out before he even got his back broken and concrete floor head bounce.

I am genuinely curious as to how badly this man got injured, or if he is even still alive after that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kurieg posted:

I am genuinely curious as to how badly this man got injured, or if he is even still alive after that.

I mean, he should probably have lifted a bit more with his knees, but I think hes probably fine.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thus always to manlets

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SiKboy posted:

I mean, he should probably have lifted a bit more with his knees, but I think hes probably fine.

:golfclap:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

"You know the type, loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight" - Jay-Z, 2003

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Filing cabinet locks I figured are more about keeping people within the workplace who shouldn't have access to info away from it, since they're the most likely to get caught even if they succeed in breaking into it.

It probably depends a bit on the filing cabinet and the brand, too. Most people have no idea what's a good lock and what's a bad one.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:rip:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Let me just check the municipal police black on black crime database and let you know. I'm sure there are considerable resources dedicated to this incident at this very moment.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh I know, there's no such thing as an unpickable regular lock it's just a matter of how much time someone is willing to invest. It's just funny that the Aussies sold off a cabinet because of a lovely lock that could have been opened by a monkey with little effort.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Important update:

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/958510253062152192

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
How can people be so bad at doing drugs?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

"locks only keep honest people honest"

People don't appreciate this often enough-

The complexity of a lock won't deter a burglar who can just smash a window or drill a keyway. Criminals never go through the trouble of meticulously picking a lock when you can go 100X faster and safer with a punch job or a tear job.

You lock up your stuff for the same reason your office puts lovely antivirus on your work PC- if and when something does get stolen, you've done your due diligence to deter the casual theft of something left in the open- if someone really wants your poo poo and is willing to engage in forced entry to get to it, they'll most likely find a way to do it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Edit: already posted

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
People being told just to have a small portion and to wait for it to take effect doing it live, eating the entire brownie and seeing the devil, I'd wager.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

We Know Catheters posted:

How can people be so bad at doing drugs?

in this classic new york times op-ed, the famously clueless maureen dowd advises caution on pot legalization after she goes to colorado and eats way too much weed candy and has a freakout in her hotel room

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/opinion/dowd-dont-harsh-our-mellow-dude.html

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's pretty much always edibles and pretty much always that.

poo poo takes a bit to kick in and people are impatient.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

People don't appreciate this often enough-

The complexity of a lock won't deter a burglar who can just smash a window or drill a keyway. Criminals never go through the trouble of meticulously picking a lock when you can go 100X faster and safer with a punch job or a tear job.

You lock up your stuff for the same reason your office puts lovely antivirus on your work PC- if and when something does get stolen, you've done your due diligence to deter the casual theft of something left in the open- if someone really wants your poo poo and is willing to engage in forced entry to get to it, they'll most likely find a way to do it.

I'm pretty sure most property thefts consist of valuables that someone can stuff in their pockets, like jewelry, cash, and improperly stored handguns. At worst they run off with your PlayStation as well, most other things are just too conspicuous and messy to remove from a residence.

Interestingly enough, there was a burglary at a gun shop near me, and as far as I know it's unsolved. Considering the owner of the store is supposedly a cop, and it's next door to a fairly popular bar, my bet is that it's an inside job.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nuevo posted:

"it's not my fault i ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning, the clerk at the liquor store did not tell me not to drink an entire liter bottle of vodka in one sitting"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nuevo posted:

people having panic attacks during the first hour on edibles makes me laugh. they eventually calm down and have about 4 more hours of binge eating and videogame playing, but it's also the time when you start forgetting poo poo, so I guess that's why it never makes it into these articles.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure most property thefts consist of valuables that someone can stuff in their pockets, like jewelry, cash, and improperly stored handguns. At worst they run off with your PlayStation as well, most other things are just too conspicuous and messy to remove from a residence.

Interestingly enough, there was a burglary at a gun shop near me, and as far as I know it's unsolved. Considering the owner of the store is supposedly a cop, and it's next door to a fairly popular bar, my bet is that it's an inside job.

With the opioid epidemic much the USA has reverted from stealing stuff that will likely be worth money to taking anything shiny that isn't tied down/next to something scary.

Basically Crow Logic

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I think this is the first time I've seen one of these where the driver actually has permission to lower the bollard, but still manages to severely gently caress up their car by being impatient. This is a new favorite.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

LifeSunDeath posted:

people having panic attacks during the first hour on edibles makes me laugh. they eventually calm down and have about 4 more hours of binge eating and videogame playing, but it's also the time when you start forgetting poo poo, so I guess that's why it never makes it into these articles.

the best description of everyone's first time eating edibles is
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
take me to the hospital I'm clearly dying

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Scruff McGruff posted:

I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing

The first time my wife ate some edibles we were sitting there and not feeling anything, and then she suddenly said "I think *friend who made them* put acid in these". And I was like "lol no you just finally got Too High for the first time in your life".

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

The first time my wife ate some edibles we were sitting there and not feeling anything, and then she suddenly said "I think *friend who made them* put acid in these". And I was like "lol no you just finally got Too High for the first time in your life".

I was in Vancouver earlier this year and Guns n Motherfuckin roses was there. I got some chocloates which are like 50 mg (in the states the biggest I normally see are like 10mg)

I found out last time that like 20mg just barely gets me off the ground. Ok, so I do 25mg before I get to the gate. Another 25mg about an hour into the show because this show is only going to be an hour and a half long. 10 minutes later I'm like yea lets keep partying all night this is good and take another 25mg. It's just weed

HOLY poo poo they played for 4 loving hours and I was standing for all of it. I had to piss and poo poo and couldn't feel my legs anymore. 10/10 would scare myself that way again

https://i.imgur.com/Y84Q4pn.mp4

e: lol I just remembered, we had to go to my friends work which was nearby bc place in gasttown. A 15 minute walk but I had terrible bubble gut and couldn't feel below my belly button anymore to be sure I wasnt making GBS threads while walking. I got to use the bathroom and immediately went to take a poo poo. All i did was let out a huge fart ahahahahaha

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Scruff McGruff posted:

I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing

You forgot "these clearly aren't doing much, gonna have another one" between the second and third "I feel nothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
https://youtu.be/BTVe9sGKloA?t=10

A bit like this, yeah?