Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
is he dead yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

Mariana Horchata posted:

is he dead yet?

yes

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

decorivitis

all he had 2 do was walk in, give the camera the double-whammy and walk out of the room

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
We choose to run a Kennedy in 2020. We choose to run a Kennedy in this decade and do the other things, not because we want presidential elections to be easy, but because we want them to be hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the worst of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are unwilling to overcome, one we are willing to postpone, and one which we intend to lose.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

He said chowdair, and this happened

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
it's hosed up that he managed to do worse at giving a televised speech than loving trump did

so he's got zero principles, minimal charisma, can't spend five minutes in front of a camera without visibly loving up somehow, and he's a private-schooled and Harvard-educated scion of an incredibly wealthy political dynasty who has had his whole life paid for and has never known hardship

the DNC are gonna pick him in 2020, aren't they

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
when was the last time any of these sotu responses worked out well

when bobby jindal went up after an obama sotu he destroyed his career prospects, i hope this does the same for the kennedy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zeal posted:

I think Nikki Haley did one and her career mostly trended upwards after that.

*checks Wikipedia*

Yea, she did the 2016 one and now she's ambassador to the UN, so there's that at least.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

every picture i've seen of her from the last few months has shown greater and greater degrees of despair and dread

she's hypernormalizing nicely

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Main Paineframe posted:

they got kamala harris on ice for the moment after her initial rollout didn't go so well but she's still the 1 seed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it owns how easy it is to dunk on this dude

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the dems are gonna keep promoting ppl what suck rear end as their new rising stars up until the public gives up and lets them run joe biden

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I listened to his SOTU. It wasn't all that bad, but it did feel very generic. Especially come to Bernie. It was like he copied the speech from a movie.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Biden is another old creepy white dude, the pool of candidates is so pitiful for the dems its in even worse shape then the GOP. The 2020 primaries are going to be the most amazing bloodbath ever, I honestly think even if Kamala is the favored pick that Hilldawg will be in the running just on the slight possibility of getting the nomination

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it's gonna be bullock and it's gonna rule

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

zeal posted:

when bobby jindal went up after an obama sotu he destroyed his career prospects, i hope this does the same for the kennedy

it did and it always does

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

WampaLord posted:

*checks Wikipedia*

Yea, she did the 2016 one and now she's ambassador to the UN, so there's that at least.

is that a promotion or demotion from gov of south carolina

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
who would win?

the most unpopular president ever who is in the middle stages of full-on dementia?

or

OR

one drooly boi?

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
this drooly fucker isn't going away, even an infinity of dunks would not get rid of this bland bought and paid for idiot dork

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

Biden is another old creepy white dude, the pool of candidates is so pitiful for the dems its in even worse shape then the GOP. The 2020 primaries are going to be the most amazing bloodbath ever, I honestly think even if Kamala is the favored pick that Hilldawg will be in the running just on the slight possibility of getting the nomination

They are going to go through thirty "not Bernie" candidates

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

it's hosed up that he managed to do worse at giving a televised speech than loving trump did

so he's got zero principles, minimal charisma, can't spend five minutes in front of a camera without visibly loving up somehow, and he's a private-schooled and Harvard-educated scion of an incredibly wealthy political dynasty who has had his whole life paid for and has never known hardship

i just remembered that my cousin is involved in local illinois democratic politics and got invited to some meeting at the kennedy compound out east to talk about the opioid crisis and I was just like wow, if there's anyone who can understand rural poverty and despair, it's the loving kennedys jesus loving christ

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Typo posted:

is that a promotion or demotion from gov of south carolina

if a governor runs for president, the biggest policy attack against them is no foreign policy experience. she’s probably got presidential ambition so it’s probably a promotion for her.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lawman 0 posted:

lol if the establishment dems lose 2 bernie just because they try to clowncar him like the republicans did with trump

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al! posted:

lol if the establishment dems lose 2 bernie just because they try to clowncar him like the republicans did with trump

The only one who might really steal votes from him is tulsi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

isnt that what happened with corbyn too? lol

anyways i hope he does run even tho he'll be a dinosaur, still better than any loving joe kennedy or clinton or bidenn that will inspire no one and lose to trumP!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Xaris posted:

isnt that what happened with corbyn too? lol

anyways i hope he does run even tho he'll be a dinosaur, still better than any loving joe kennedy or clinton or bidenn that will inspire no one and lose to trumP!

He needs to annoint someone

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone made the joke yet that we should elect this guy so we can get another LBJ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lbj sucked

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Whatever, who cares, if he wins when he's out there it's better than Coakley or Clinton

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
LBJ wasn't even the best unelected president (that was Teddy)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
oh my god no

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ joe

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

has anyone made the joke yet that we should elect this guy so we can get another LBJ

but whom among the current dem field has a schlong like jumbo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nonsense posted:

lol @ joe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

lol its going to be a mirror image of republican 2012 of two dozen different not-bernies getting two weeks of popularity and then flaming out

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

LBJ wasn't even the best unelected president (that was Teddy)

lmao no

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

lol its going to be a mirror image of republican 2012 of two dozen different not-bernies getting two weeks of popularity and then flaming out

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I also hope Bernie is on the lookout for a progressive chosen son for him to cart around and support.

• Locked thread